BBL Drizzy called his mummy on me, aww - Rozay

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
the lowest common denominator(s) appeal to the largest number people…the more sophisticated a thing gets (art, literature, ideas, etc.), the smaller the audience for it…
Exactly what I was trying to demonstrate to the dude I was arguing with lol it's like that concept is foreign to him...

Oh yeah because most of the fukker's that I bring that up to are the same basic humans that are perpetuating that problem. They are oblivious to the fact that THEY are those people. THEY operate like that, so they will have no idea what you are talking about. Even when you bring the concept up to their damn faces. It's fascinating really.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
To some people. There is no definitive 'better'. If someone enjoys her music more than his who are any of us to tell them different? It's music not sports.
Nope. Don't do that, this isn't a sport, but it's an art form, and that art form is hip hop, in which there is an element of skill associated and levels to that skill

we arent doing this politically correct shyt. I can tell you aren't an...artistic person, non artistic people think in terms of social norms rather than artistic merit. There's more or less objective ways to determine skill in hip hop. If you don't know what those are...then you need to leave the thread lol

Your answer also doesn't work because YOU are trying to assert that their sales are an indication of superior quality or skill. So I'm asking you is she better in terms of skill than most def. Key word SKILL.

I already used the analogy of mcDonalds, so clearly you can't just use "McDonalds is better to some people" which is a cop out, and intellectually dishonest. It's generally cheaper and/or more convenient.

At this point you are just trying to win the argument rather than actually see a different perspective than "sales=quality"

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Nope. Don't do that, this isn't a sport, but it's an art form, and that art form is hip hop, in which there is an element of skill associated and levels to that skill

we arent doing this politically correct shyt. I can tell you aren't an...artistic person, non artistic people think in terms of social norms rather than artistic merit. There's more or less objective ways to determine skill in hip hop. If you don't know what those are...then you need to leave the thread lol

Your answer also doesn't work because YOU are trying to assert that their sales are an indication of superior quality or skill. So I'm asking you is she better in terms of skill than most def. Key word SKILL.

I already used the analogy of mcDonalds, so clearly you can't just use "McDonalds is better to some people" which is a cop out, and intellectually dishonest. It's generally cheaper and/or more convenient.

At this point you are just trying to win the argument rather than actually see a different perspective than "sales=quality"
I just meant sales matter when you are competing for the. Top 3 in the rap game. To say they don't is also disingenuous. They all do this for the money, otherwise it would just be a hobby. If someone is getting more sales than someone else and they are basically doing the same thing that's a feather in their cap. That's not some foreign outrageous idea.