BBL Drizzy called his mummy on me, aww - Rozay

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It doesn't even matter against Kendrick. Kendrick cares about skill and respect

Hell why aren't we talking about that kendrick nearly doubles Drakes in Grammy wins? With less albums? Thats means you aren't respected artistically, you are mcDonalds
But Kendrick picked the 'Top 3, it's just me' terrain. So sales factor into who is top dawg. But Kendrick could take it the culture route to and actually way more effectively than Ross. He could really have people look at Drake funny on that tip. He should go there on him.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
:mjlol:who cares its still funny a nikka beating your whole catalogue with 1 tape
Yeah...hes more popular than Ross. That should be obvious...what does it mean though? Does it mean he's better? He likely has more listens in a day than Lupe Fiascos mural had in its lifetime. Yet Mural is better lyrically than anything Drake has ever done.

You realize most people are stupid right? Lol look at the elections. Look at religion existing. People just take what's in front of them.

Your "who cares" mentality is what creates this problem tbh. Are you not an artistic person? Just a consumer?

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
But Kendrick picked the 'Top 3, it's just me' terrain. So sales factor into who is top dawg. But Kendrick could take it the culture route to and actually way more effectively than Ross. He could really have people look at Drake funny on that tip. He should go there on him.
Ehh not really. Not to Kendrick. It's respect.

Grammy's are a better indication of who is more respected by their peers. Taylor Swift gets sales also. She better than Beyonce? Sings better? Dances better? Better songs? She gets more sales than Beyonce....

None of it. People are stupid and like stupid shyt. Never go off of how popular they are.

McDonalds must make the best burgers then eh?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Ehh not really. Not to Kendrick. It's respect.

Grammy's are a better indication of who is more respected by their peers. Taylor Swift gets sales also. She better than Beyonce? Sings better? Dances better? Better songs? She gets more sales than Beyonce....

None of it. People are stupid and like stupid shyt. Never go off of how popular they are.

McDonalds must make the best burgers then eh?
Whoever won 'best burger award' doesn't mean it's the best burger either.
I don't care about awards at all. Grammys specifically don't have a great track record with Hip Hop so bragging about their recognition isn't impressive to me.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
He COULD just show his superior skill also, but it seems...people don't even know how to judge when an MC has superior flow, schemes, cadence, and lyrics anymore.

Once again...why does Kendrick double drake in Grammy wins with less albums? What does that say about Drake?

He's a radio mainstream person for people with surface level tastes in music. Of course they get sales. Can we not tell who's better without the sales?

If a 13 or old girl and you have the same favorite rapper then that's a problem.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Whoever won 'best burger award' doesn't mean it's the best burger either.
I don't care about awards at all. Grammys specifically don't have a great track record with Hip Hop so bragging about their recognition isn't impressive to me.
But sales are??? That's even LESS of an indication of quality.

And McDonalds is a reference because we know the burgers are sub-par compared to MANY burger places. Yet extremely popular. Indicating popularity doesn't equal quality, that's the point.

That "best burger" award winner at least is still a respected burger amongst people that are more experienced with good burgers.
So again, why has Kendrick won nearly double Grammys as Drake with less albums?

Are we gonna talk about skill, or are we soo stupid we can only gauge that by sales?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
But sales are??? That's even LESS of an indication of quality.

And McDonalds is a reference because we know the burgers are sub-par compared to MANY burger places. Yet extremely popular. Indicating popularity doesn't equal quality, that's the point.

That "best burger" award winner at least is still a respected burger amongst people that are more experienced with good burgers.
So again, why has Kendrick won nearly double Grammys as Drake with less albums?

Are we gonna talk about skill, or are we soo stupid we can only gather that by sales?
Nas just won his first Grammy like a couple of years ago. Did he need that to be considered among the greats? I don't think so.
It's a small committee of people who probably don't know a lot about Hip Hop and they have to pick something. Sales are more pure as far as genuine interest. And covers a larger sample of people.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Nas just won his first Grammy like a couple of years ago. Did he need that to be considered among the greats? I don't think so.
It's a small committee of people who probably don't know a lot about Hip Hop and they have to pick something. Sales are more pure as far as genuine interest. And covers a larger sample of people.
So Taylor Swift is better than Beyonce by your logic then. More talented. Better singer. Better dancer etc right?

Or maybe just maybe the white kids and teens like that shyt for other emotional, biased, media fed reasons.

Atleast the grammyys have Beyonce far ahead in that regard.

And interest DOES NOT EQUAL QUALITY.

This shouldn't be a hard concept to grasp. The Mcdonalds analogy laid it out for you which is why you stepped away from it.