Bayonetta Voice Actor Hellena Taylor Says She Didn't Reprise the Role in Bayonetta 3 as She Was Only Offered $4,000, Demands Fans Boycott

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Glad Jason did this. Sometimes he gets on my nerves but he helped demystify this story within about 48 hours. People were running wild with claims and calls to boycott the game and pirate it just because this looney broad lost the part

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Damn that haughty trick wouldn’t even accept the pity bag

She wanted 6 figures and residuals. shyt I think they paid Hale less than what they were willing to pay her now :dead:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Not only did she fukk herself out of the only role she was known for, she has possibly gotten herself blacklisted from future roles in other games. :wow:

...not that she was busy with voice acting anyway. :heh:

Believe white women brehs

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps

Bloomberg said:
In the case of Bayonetta 3, the developer appeared to be determined to rehire Taylor, according to two people familiar with the negotiations as well as documentation reviewed by Bloomberg. Here’s where their accounts differ: Platinum Games sought to hire Taylor for at least five sessions, each paying $3,000 to $4,000 for four hours in the studio, said the people, who asked not to be identified because they aren’t authorized to discuss private contract negotiations. That would make the total for the game at least $15,000. In response, they said, Taylor asked for a six-figure sum as well as residuals on the game. Platinum declined and, following lengthy negotiations, took auditions for a new actor. Platinum later offered Taylor a cameo in the game for the fee of one session, which she turned down, the people said.

So in this version of the story, she stood to make $750-1000/hour for supposedly a minimum of 5 sessions (15-20K), her counter-offer was six figures + residuals, their final offer was $4,000 for a cameo in the game (because they already recast the lead by that point).

If true, the initial day-rate they offered was fair imo, and particularly because she was relatively unknown before the Bayonetta series. However, the elephant in the room is the lack of residuals. In the film biz, even if they recast, it is common-place for the previous lead actor to collect residual income on future franchise entries if they were the face of the franchise that led to it gaining popularity, particularly if they continued to anchor sequels after that, and even more-so if the property was unknown before they were a part of it. The new actor typically isn't in that position unless they're a mega-star that brings even more eyes/markets to the franchise.

To walk away from multi-million franchises you're the face/voice of with no residual pay from the titular character you made famous is wild.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
She thought she was bigger than the program.

What a nothing statement. The only thing you can really deduce is that she's saying she wouldn't be there if there was real fukkery involved with other actors.
That's kind of unfair though. I'm guessing Jennifer got some hate thrown at her over the last few days and she's asking people to cool off and wait for the facts, which show that she did nothing wrong at all

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
That's kind of unfair though. I'm guessing Jennifer got some hate thrown at her over the last few days and she's asking people to cool off and wait for the facts, which show that she did nothing wrong at all
hale caught heat primarily because taylor was the one that put her name in the shyt in one of those videos :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
"They now have a new girl voicing her over, and I love actors and I wish her all the joy in the world and all the jobs, but she has no right to say she is Bayonetta," Taylor said. "She has no right to sign merchandise as Bayonetta. Any more than I have the right to sign as Eva Green, even though I was her parrot in Golden Compass. That betrayal is hers, and hers alone. They’ll probably try to do a spin-off with Jen, don’t buy that either."

.... she bugging
she was bugging indeed

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Six-figure fee and residuals? She was delusional. You can walk in McDonalds and ask for 6 figures to flip burgers but they ain't paying you that. She doing voice work she didn't design the damn game.