Bayonetta Voice Actor Hellena Taylor Says She Didn't Reprise the Role in Bayonetta 3 as She Was Only Offered $4,000, Demands Fans Boycott

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
LMAO all the weirdos supporting her boycott are now turning on her and acting like they never believed her in the first place, see kids, this is why I said Twitter and the internet in general is full of drama queens and hypocrites, companies should really start ignoring the outrage mobs.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Was getting heavy Karen vibes from her first videos, but I didn’t think she was just flat out lying.

Should have taken the OG deal, or at least STFU if she decided to stand on her own perceived value.

As it stands, this is another example of “when keeping it real goes wrong”

She probably done fukked the rest of her career. She might as well start applying as a Target front door greater or something,:francis:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Was getting heavy Karen vibes from her first videos, but I didn’t think she was just flat out lying.

Should have taken the OG deal, or at least STFU if she decided to stand on her own perceived value.

As it stands, this is another example of “when keeping it real goes wrong”

She probably done fukked the rest of her career. She might as well start applying as a Target front door greater or something,:francis:

One thing I noted is that they claimed they offered five days of work in the initial offer... (maybe not so) coincidentally, five days of standard VA union pay (800/day) = $4,000 which is what she claims the offer was. They could possibly be bending the truth about what the actual day-rate was.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
One thing I noted is that they claimed they offered five days of work in the initial offer... (maybe not so) coincidentally, five days of standard VA union pay (800/day) = $4,000 which is what she claims the offer was. They could possibly be bending the truth about what the actual day-rate was.

The reporter claims to have seen an offer for her that was over $15000 which was corroborated by a few sources. After she blew up negotiations they offered her a $4k one day gig for a cameo appearance which she also rejected. She was never offered standard pay. They were offering 3-4x standard pay.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Info is all debatable right now.

But the current claim is that she was offered 4-5 sessions at 4k. When she declined that they offered her 4k for a cameo.

Which to me is honestly still too little. She IS Bayonetta. You don’t pay your lead actor 15K for a Multi-million$ franchise.

But the way she presented it, she glossed over the initial offer and just called it “disrespectful” and then lead us all to belive the 4K offer was what they offered her for the entire game.

Like i said, i think she should have been offered/paid much more for her contribution to the character. But her internet crusade was misleading and only served to fukk herself worse.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
6 figs for Bayo...yeaaaah no.
810.gif

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Info is all debatable right now.

But the current claim is that she was offered 4-5 sessions at 4k. When she declined that they offered her 4k for a cameo.

Which to me is honestly still too little. She IS Bayonetta. You don’t pay your lead actor 15K for a Multi-million$ franchise.

But the way she presented it, she glossed over the initial offer and just called it “disrespectful” and then lead us all to belive the 4K offer was what they offered her for the entire game.

Like i said, i think she should have been offered/paid much more for her contribution to the character. But her internet crusade was misleading and only served to fukk herself worse.
She isn't, which is why they got a new chick and 99% of players won't even noticed the difference.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
She isn't, which is why they got a new chick and 99% of players won't even noticed the difference.
They won’t notice the difference now cause she already laid the Blueprint.

She made that character and deserves some compensation for her contributions. I’m with her on the idea that the new girl shouldn't the able to just show up stake claim to the character.

But i think she overplayed her hand. She called their bluff. They moved on, then she tried to sabotage the game :smh:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'm not keeping up with this situation because I'm not that invested in it (therefore I should honestly not even comment but whatever) but I would think royalty/residuals would be standard in this type of deal. Voice Actors, Artists, Film Actors, Commercial Actors, etc. I've them all mention getting checks for years on end after the gig in residuals. Child actors grow up and talk about how they still get checks when the old episodes get re-run. A deal for a project like Bayonetta that didn't include residuals would be a joke.
I go back to what I said before though; you get what you negotiate, not what you deserve.
I can't imagine the sales of the game suffering behind this but I don't know how passionate the fans are. I like the game a lot but I'm not a die hard fan.