Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 (Wii U, Switch)

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
YOU won't either. :troll:
Dophin! We gonna eat.

kevin-hart-clap-o.gif

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just finished bayonetta 1. Holy shyt :wow:
Best action game I've ever played. The game just played like a dream and the action was insane. And it was all with so much class :mjpls:

I can't believe I let damn near four years pass without completing it. I can't imagine the masterpiece that is part 2.. Good thing it's only arms reach away after these credits roll.
Edit:
:wow: @ the end
:mj:

Last edited:

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dophin! We gonna eat.

kevin-hart-clap-o.gif
They've made next to 0 progress in emulating a wii-u and there isnt computer hardware powerful enough to emulate it anyway. All they've done is managed to read the ISOs and haven't even decrypted them. The wii-u is much more powerful than the wii and thus requires an extremely powerful PC to emulate it. The dolphin developers said it could take a decade to make it work.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh my goodness.
FedererTear.gif

Just started bayo 2. I just cut if off and decided to go to sleep and wake up early to play it.

The intro and the prologue is just dazzling. There was way too much class and elegance at work this damn early in the game. The music :ohlawd: The graphics :ohlawd: So colorful.
The animations :ohlawd: Even the change from the red theme to blue theme was welcoming.

:ahh:

This game is already 11/10 material within the first 30 seconds quality wise.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Oh I'm aware of Bayo's godliness. In fact, I may just buy the game this week with the Gamer's Club unlocked promo. Buying it now would also further incline me to cop a wii2 that much sooner. I really don't wanna pay more than 2 bills on it tbh though. More a matter of principality of what I think the system should cost than affordability.

I went on ahead and did this yesterday. Totalled about 76 bucks after the discount with Gamers Club unlocked promo added on and my rewards credit. Now just need to find me a 200 buck or less wii u. Any suggestions out there or known sellers around this price range?

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
I went on ahead and did this yesterday. Totalled about 76 bucks after the discount with Gamers Club unlocked promo added on and my rewards credit. Now just need to find me a 200 buck or less wii u. Any suggestions out there or known sellers around this price range?

Nintendo had $200 Wii U refurbished but their out of stock now.

Got mine just in time. :whew:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So far 2nd climax(the difficulty setting) feels easier than normal on the first Bayonetta. I think I'm going to change it to 3rd climax.

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So far 2nd climax(the difficulty setting) feels easier than normal on the first Bayonetta. I think I'm going to change it to 3rd climax.
Yeah, 3rd is what I beat it on and it was more like normal on bayonetta 1. There's a final climax unlocked after you beat it.

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
http://platinumgames.com/2014/10/31/designing-the-collaboration-costumes/

Hello, I was the Nintendo costume collaboration designer for the Bayonetta Wii U port, my name is Yong-Hee Cho. For this blog, I’d like to talk about the design process for creating these costumes.

It all started one day when Kamiya walked up to my desk and said, “Hey Cho. Draw Bayonetta in a Princess Peach outfit for me. Thanks.”

He walked off to leave me thinking to myself, “P-p-p-princess Peach and Bayonetta? How am I supposed to find the common ground between these two characters!? They’re like night and day…”

At the same time, I was intrigued, and wanted to try to design something for two characters that different.

So, she was the first character I started out with. I decided to first just draw Bayonetta, so I’d have a base design to work off I could “dress up” in other costumes.

(Really, it’s not necessary to go this far, but… I wanted to.)

Next, I put together some various costume ideas for Kamiya to look at. Right now, we’re still at very rough concept art.

Personally, I thought it’d be fun to rearrange the Peach look a little bit, but Kamiya wanted it to be as close to the original as possible, so we ultimately went with (F).

He also requested two revisions:

• Don’t let her hair down like that.
  • Attach a Mario charm somewhere.

This is how the Mario charm turned out.

Here’s what Bayonetta looked like after I incorporated his feedback.

I used this Peach to make the Daisy costume (Daisy has Luigi instead of Mario, of course).

The next costume I did was for Samus Aran of Metroid fame. I’m really into mechanics, so I had the most fun designing this costume.

Here’s the first piece I drew.

When Kamiya took a look at it, he said he wanted it to be the Powered Suit from the first Metroid game for NES. The original Metroid is around 30 years old now so unfortunately there’s not a whole lot of artwork to base my design on. I ended up just studying the game sprite and package art. This is how it turned out.

It’s supposed to have more of a retro look. What do you think?

As I designed these costumes, I would think, when we have the player transforming into Peach, wouldn’t it be cool if we could change game play up somehow as well? Then, one day I thought, what about having Bowser’s punches and kicks be used for Bayonetta’s Wicked Weaves? I pitched the idea to Kamiya and he said “sounds good, do it.” The next idea I thought of was having Samus Bayonetta change to her Morph Ball. This, unfortunately, didn’t make it into Bayonetta Wii U, but… it did make it into Bayonetta 2! Thinking of these little extras is really one of the rewarding parts of working in games.

Here’s what the Morph Ball looks like. Those red parts are kinda based on the 8-bit graphics of the first Morph Ball from Metroid.

Last is Link. I don’t think this costume was a grand departure from his design, so Kamiya approved of it quickly. All of these costumes, however, needed to be run by Nintendo as well.

When I gave the designs to Nintendo to check, I was worried about how “kid-friendly” Bayonetta looked. Like, I didn’t think it’d be a good idea to show too much cleavage, you know… but when Nintendo looked at my Link design, they actually suggested to me to open up her top a little more… Wow.

Here’s what the final approved design looked like.

Overall, I think I was able to keep Bayonetta’s personality in these new arrangements, so I was pretty pleased. Each costume comes with different sounds and visual effects as well, so be sure to check them out in both games. Thanks for reading! See you again.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
This game is definitely a GOTY candidate. There is no other hack and slash game that mixes the variety of attack techniques and are as creative as they are in this game. Game is dope as shyt.

My only complaint is the dialogue is corny sometimes but so was the first one and hell that not why I play it.