Battlefield 4: PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One comparison

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see it... Pictures don't mean anything though... I think overall is it 50% better for the console that is easier to design for? The resolution issue seems like a non one for now. Gotta wait til we get something that is 1080p vs 720p

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:comeon: you get all your info from gaf. Did you miss the part where it was confirmed that Xbox one version will be getting those effects and further optimizations before launch.

Why do you feel the need to lie so much?
So they're going to add ambient occlusion, clouds, better anti aliasing, better framerates, textures(for MP) and add the blur that's accurate on PC before launch??

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So they're going to add Ambient occlusion, clouds, better anti aliasing, better framerates, textures(for MP) before launch??

They said they would be adding AO and some other things they didn't specify.

The textures are the same if not better than the ps4 version, and 2-3fps is nothing when both games run at 60 until something big happens, the slowdowns happen at the same time.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
@Smooth3d

The XB1 version doesn't look as sharp to me, and I personally think it still looks good. But cats are kidding themselves if you don't notice the difference. PS4 version is better, there's really nothing to cyse here. We know the XB1 version isn't as strong, but will still have a solid game. That's all we want right?

i3uk6taw6tdxd8fonn.gif

^^^^^^^^^

taken from the ign vids
Yes true to a certain extent but this is not the X1 final build as was mentioned earlier.

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
:comeon: you get all your info from gaf. Did you miss the part where it was confirmed that Xbox one version will be getting those effects and further optimizations before launch.

Why do you feel the need to lie so much?

The Xbox one version is adding A/O for a day 1 patch. You do know that will make it suffer more in framerate right? also it will not be receiving any AA, in other words it will not even come close to the PS4 version.

Hey my man, just let it go. You said wait til we see the games and we have. The devs have spoken the PS4 out of the gate shows a chasm no one expected, and it will grow once they go into the hUMA GPGPU compute phase in late 2014/early 2015.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The Xbox one version is adding A/O for a day 1 patch. You do know that will make it suffer more in framerate right?
:rudy: you don't know that. You just read someone post it on gaf

also it will not be receiving any AA, in other words it will not even come close to the PS4 version.
It's already very close to the ps4 version.

Hey my man, just let it go. You said wait til we see the games and we have. The devs have spoken the PS4 out of the gate shows a chasm no one expected, and it will grow once they go into the hUMA GPGPU compute phase in late 2014/early 2015.
We see the games. And we see there isn't much of a differnce. Y'all just have so much invested in the "ps4 gddr5:gladbron:" narrative that y'all are trying to exaggerate what's going on here. If this is the differnce we get knowing the Xbox dev tools are way behind, then we know the differences won't be much going forward, and they will mean absolutely nothing in the long run. We just got out of a gen where some multiplats where basically broken on one platform and none of you stans seemed to care. When we start seeing differences like that, then we can talk.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

We see the games. And we see there isn't much of a differnce. Y'all just have so much invested in the "ps4 gddr5:gladbron:" narrative that y'all are trying to exaggerate what's going on here. If this is the differnce we get knowing the Xbox dev tools are way behind, then we know the differences won't be much going forward, and they will mean absolutely nothing in the long run. We just got out of a gen where some multiplats where basically broken on one platform and none of you stans seemed to care. When we start seeing differences like that, then we can talk.
:wow:
I mean there's clouds missing for fukks sake in one of the pics and straight up jagged heaven and missing effects in the XOne version but you say when we start seeing differences.... :wow: My man you are in stage 1 of grieving right now. It's alright man. You still got Killer Instinct.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
The Xbox one version is adding A/O for a day 1 patch. You do know that will make it suffer more in framerate right? also it will not be receiving any AA, in other words it will not even come close to the PS4 version.

Ok this just is asinine, yall with "chasm" BS even with a non final build these games very close with X1 having better texture overall according to most. If you have to freeze and zoom a shot to try and highlight difference that is a not chasm difference as you and pals are throwing around. That why having a discussing is hard because of the crazy statements been thrown around.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

definitely true, but I still think they can get a "bit" more out of the xb1 version. it's still obviously clear that it just didn't have the muscle the 4 has, but it's not "terrible" :laugh:

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time

No I do no it is receiving AO because I read the tweet from the BF4 developer. The XB1 is a jaggies mess. Yeah we see the games and the PS4 is pushing games out on a much higher level period. I'm done with you, you lost this argument the day ryse 900p DR3 720p KI 720p

No way around this argument, when you decide to reply remember this will be my retort. I will let the BF4 dev team shyt on anything you say.

PS4
- higher framerate
- 50%+ more pixels rendered
- better effects
- certain effects that are simply absent from the Xbone version
- better aliasing BY FAR

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I mean there's clouds missing for fukks sake in one of the pics and straight up jagged heaven and missing effects in the XOne version but you say when we start seeing differences.... :wow: My man you are in stage 1 of grieving right now. It's alright man. You still got Killer Instinct.

Once agian with the lies. You already know the missing effects will be added, so why do you keep saying the same thing.

And why quote me if your gonna misrepresent what I'm saying? I never said there were no differences, I said they are nowhere near the differences we saw last gen, and those differences didnt matter, so why should these lesser differences matter?

It's always nothing but lies and deflections from you dudes.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
The clouds not missing, these are randomized assets (aka they appear different every time you play it) read more then one review for fukks sake, I already had to correct you on the uniforms.

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
definitely true, but I still think they can get a "bit" more out of the xb1 version. it's still obviously clear that it just didn't have the muscle the 4 has, but it's not "terrible" :laugh:

The XB1 isn't terrible but these nikkas deserve to have a foot put on there neck for all that bullshyt shyt talking all summer long. The day of reckoning has come and the specs spoke the truth.