Battlefield 4: PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One comparison

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Motion and gaussian blur is a bad thing now? All that shinny shyt is cause xbone's system can't handle the effects.
Quad running at a higher resolution with MORE effects and has a consistently higher framerate. And this is a third party game, if EA let the Quad :eat: to It's full potential :wow:

:heh: nikkas just make up shyt to fit their agenda.

First off, if we have to blow up screenshots and squint at them, to see a differnece, the difference is not very much. Second the Xbox version does look better in some aspects. There's no way around that. If this is what the "gap" in hardware and shyty dev tools mean then the Xbox will be just fine going forward.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
9xBb87a.png

from IGN multiplayer footage

What in the fukk?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
To my eyes it seemre the contrast is higher...something that u can literally adjust with your TV lol. I prefer higher contrast by preference so just looking at THESE vids off top I'd say I like the contrast on Xbox joint more...but I could adjust that on is side and keep my 900p over 720p. Seems like these comparisons are just at "normal settings" picture wise..whose to say u can just go beyond normal contrast settings with your TV to achieve the more contrasted look? U can't adjust 720p to 900p so I'm just going to use common sense along with what they are saying on paper.

Also..I do see Xbox version has more jaggies.

I guess this is all about preference? If jaggies aren't a big deal to you I'd say they are super close.

I'm getting ps4 version and might even try out the Xbox version just to compare myself on my TV...depends on how much money Ihave at launch LOL.

But if was just reading this on paper...they are making it pretty clear that PC>>>ps4>>>xbox1.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To my eyes it seemre the contrast is higher...something that u can literally adjust with your TV lol. I prefer higher contrast by preference so just looking at THESE vids off top I'd say I like the contrast on Xbox joint more...but I could adjust that on is side and keep my 900p over 720p. Seems like these comparisons are just at "normal settings" picture wise..whose to say u can just go beyond normal contrast settings with your TV to achieve the more contrasted look? U can't adjust 720p to 900p so I'm just going to use common sense along with what they are saying on paper.

Also..I do see Xbox version has more jaggies.

I guess this is all about preference? If jaggies aren't a big deal to you I'd say they are super close.

I'm getting ps4 version and might even try out the Xbox version just to compare myself on my TV...depends on how much money Ihave at launch LOL.

But if was just reading this on paper...they are making it pretty clear that PC>>>ps4>>>xbox1.

ps4 looks blurrier but seems to have a few more effects. Resolution matters to me but you can see the difference between 900p and 720p isn't that great. One can only imagine how it would have run on ps4 at that resolution.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Sony stans always come with the purposely fukked up gif. Why you gotta lie bruh.

This is what all that gddr5 got you
Cga4zT.gif

Higher resolutions that are blurrier than the than the lower resolution game:heh:
Digital Foundry has admitted to fukking up there capture

A Digital Foundry employee went on NeoGAF to explain what went wrong with their PS4/Xbox One Battlefield 4 visuals comparison:

Here's what the persons said:

"The issue here is simple; Tom had a limited amount of time to capture this stuff and was not able to do so in a normal environment. If mistakes were made normally, it would be easy to go back and correct, but with the way this worked, it wasn't really possible.

Why so different? DF uses their own hardware for capturing while DICE were handing out Elgato boxes to everyone else. The DF hardware is actually much more capable but it works differently and, without the experience of working with these new consoles, I can see a situation where settings were dialed in wrong.

JackFrags used what DICE provided and probably didn't even attempt to change any settings which, in this case, turned out to be for the best."

ooooopps got beat

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Digital foundy fukked up the capture on both versions. And they are not the only ones to say the Xbox one version looks sharper. The ign video shows the same thing.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
ps4 looks blurrier but seems to have a few more effects. Resolution matters to me but you can see the difference between 900p and 720p isn't that great. One can only imagine how it would have run on ps4 at that resolution.
Its only "blurrier" due to contrast levels not as high. The PC version also looks "blurry" compared to the xb1 digital foundry video for the same reason. Other video show a clear difference when you adjust the contrast for the ps4 and PC versions as well.

DF Knew exactly what they were doing. Good thing the internet will call them out on their BS.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Its only "blurrier" due to contrast levels not as high. The PC version also looks "blurry" compared to the xb1 digital foundry video for the same reason. Other video show a clear difference when you adjust the contrast for the ps4 and PC versions as well.

DF Knew exactly what they were doing. Good thing the internet will call them out on their BS.

They got caught.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Then they should take the article down and redo that shyt.

So why does the Xbox one version look sharper in the ign video as well?