Battlefield 4: PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One comparison

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
So why does the Xbox one version look sharper in the ign video as well?
Sharper doesn't = better...actually the truth is when it comes to any tv setup up calibration ur supposed to turn the sharpness down..plasma still have the best picture quality out there when it comes to tv's outside of oled and the picture is softer in comparison to led..

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Both versions are treated to post-processing anti-aliasing too, seemingly equivalent to the refined, high setting on PC. However, this doesn’t tell the whole story. As you may notice in our screengrabs, the actual results on PS4 lack the corresponding level of crystal clarity we’d expect of such a significant resolution boost. This should surely be a home run for Sony’s console, but what is likely to be a software-based upscale to 1080p delivers less-than-stellar returns, and for better or worse leaves the Xbox One with an often crisper looking, albeit much more aliased image

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sharper doesn't = better...actually the truth is when it comes to any tv setup up calibration ur supposed to turn the sharpness down..plasma still have the best picture quality out there when it comes to tv's outside of oled and the picture is softer in comparison to led..

I'm not saying its better. To some people it is, but that's left up to personal opinion.

At the end of the day if we have to blow up screenshots and anylize indivudal pixels to find a difference. Then the differnce really doesn't matter. There were reports of people mistaking the console versions for PC. That's damn good if you ask me. One thing for sure is that you won't have time to stop and notice the differences while your playing the game.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I'm not saying its better. To some people it is, but that's left up to personal opinion.

At the end of the day if we have to blow up screenshots and anylize indivudal pixels to find a difference. Then the differnce really doesn't matter. There were reports of people mistaking the console versions for PC. That's damn good if you ask me. One thing for sure is that you won't have time to stop and notice the differences while your playing the game.
I feel u..I just feel like these consoles should've dropped next year honestly..

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
@Smooth3d

The XB1 version doesn't look as sharp to me, and I personally think it still looks good. But cats are kidding themselves if you don't notice the difference. PS4 version is better, there's really nothing to cyse here. We know the XB1 version isn't as strong, but will still have a solid game. That's all we want right?

i3uk6taw6tdxd8fonn.gif

^^^^^^^^^

taken from the ign vids

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
PS4 version is sharper and has way more detail. What the fukk are y'all looking at? :what:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Even if you're trying to downplay the PS4 version by blindly saying they look on par with each other, you have to realize that the PS4 version is doing everything the Xbox One version is doing at a higher resolution. That's out the gate on a launch game, imo that's a big gap and only a start. Hell if the PS4 version was 720P it would've been even worse. THat's not even taking the framerate into consideration too.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
PS4
- higher framerate
- 50%+ more pixels rendered
- better effects
- certain effects that are simply absent from the Xbone version
- better aliasing BY FAR

its doing all of those things while pushing significantly more pixels...thats A LOT of difference..., and oh yeah the xbox 1 looks better is laughable

:comeon: you get all your info from gaf. Did you miss the part where it was confirmed that Xbox one version will be getting those effects and further optimizations before launch.

Why do you feel the need to lie so much?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PS4
- higher framerate
- 50%+ more pixels rendered
- better effects
- certain effects that are simply absent from the Xbone version
- better aliasing BY FAR

its doing all of those things while pushing significantly more pixels...thats A LOT of difference..., and oh yeah the xbox 1 looks better is laughable
When I FIRST seen the comparison on DF I thought the XB1 looked decent albeit a bit too dark but then as the gifs popped up and the IGN video showed up I realized it seemed like a fukkup on DF's part. Whether it was intentional or not IDK, but the difference is pretty discernible. The cats claiming "OMG XB1 HAZ GOOD SCALER!!" don't realize most PS4 games are 1080P.