Batman V Superman is the 4th BIGGEST movie opening EVER ahead of EVERY COMIC movie!

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Right there in your own article. You said 3D is why Furious 7 made a billion. That's not why. America is the world's biggest box office market and you couldn't watch it in 3D here. There were many other countries where you couldn't see it in 3D also. Plus, you saying it made a billion when it actually made 1.5 billion and is the 6th highest grossing film of all time.. You are just lost on this issue. 3D had virtually nothing to do with Furious 7's success.

Are you losing your mind? :heh:

You said Fast 7 wasn't shown in IMAX or 3D around the world and someone posted a link stating that it had the largest IMAX release and was shown in 3D in select countries. Full stop.

And bigging up America when it made up like 22% of the total gross is just strange.

breh The Boss dropped like a rock, that shyt might not see 50 mill domestic lol

If 58% is dropping like a rock, then what is 69% :jbhmm:

Still waiting for those $700M worldwide predictions too

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The spread of 3d and IMAX has made it so shyt like Furious 7 can make a billion.

Why select Furious 7 to try and further your narrative when that is a movie that made $1.5 billion? It's the 6th highest grossing movie of all time and a movie that was not even available in 3D everywhere. It would have crossed the billion mark whether there was 3D or not. You try to slight Furious 7 and imply that if they are doing a billion then everyone should be doing a billion well no.. that's inaccurate. The Fast series is one of the highest grossing franchises there is. You could have selected anything else and MAYBE your point would have made sense.. but for Fast it doesn't. The series was on the rise with every movie. Fast Five was huge. Furious 6 was bigger than that. This is a franchise that was heading for a billion no matter what. :umad:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
And sure, America is the worlds biggest box office but the movie made MORE in China than it did in America.

And bigging up America when it made up like 22% of the total gross is just strange.

:jbhmm: Yeah, it made more in China BECAUSE it wasn't even available in 3D in the United States. That's what I said, retards :mjlol:

It would have made even more than $1.5 billion if it was in 3D everywhere especially including the world's biggest box office market which is US.. the united States lol

Goddamn :russ:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ::russ::laff::laff:

How high are you?

It's not that hard to hit a billion? The fukk? There's been like 20-25 films in history to hit that mark.

If it's "not that hard" why don't the vast,vast majority of films do it. :dead:

Dumbest thing I've read on this forum in a while.

Poppycock!.....Key word in my post- nowadays-

Like breh posted, over the past 5 years, 13 movies have hit the billion mark....3D/IMAX got the numbers inflated.

Really no excuse for BVS to be struggling to get there:yeshrug:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Without question the film making less than 1 billion is a disappointment.

Obviously wb wanted it to make more they pumped a lot of money into it.
alright boys lets stop here, this is the closest we'll get to them admitting that the first live action film ever with batman and superman was supposed to have a bigger impact financially. our work here is done

Poppycock!.....Key word in my post- nowadays-

Like breh posted, over the past 5 years, 13 movies have hit the billion mark....3D/IMAX got the numbers inflated.

Really no excuse for BVS to be struggling to get there:yeshrug:
bu bu but (insert movie from the 1930s) didnt reach 1 billion!

:mjlol: nikkas acting like there hasnt been an explosion of billion dollar movies recently

a movie with batman and superman was supposed to hit that easily. the only way it wouldnt was if it was mediocre, which it was

Still crazy that this won't make a billion. Before the reviews and shyt a billion was a foregone conclusion.:wow:
i admit, as a Head of The Official Coli Marvel Stan Club, i was resigned to the fact that these nikkas was finally gonna start testing our strength, i knew they had a billion locked down so my only argument was what about the quality tho :sas1:

but it ended up not only being mediocre but now may not even make a billion :mjlol:

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
only issue for you is that slate is still coming and your boy Snyder ain't directing most of 'em :sas1:
too bad they had him pop the universe off. this will have ripples. his mediocrity not only cost BvS hundreds of millions but will cost WW millions due to simple association.

* wonder woman trailer
*oh snaps they making a wonder woman movie :jbhmm:
*yeah she was in BvS too remember
*Oh yeah, that movie :scust:
*Stays home

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
alright boys lets stop here, this is the closest we'll get to them admitting that the first live action film ever with batman and superman was supposed to have a bigger impact financially. our work here is done

bu bu but (insert movie from the 1930s) didnt reach 1 billion!

:mjlol: nikkas acting like there hasnt been an explosion of billion dollar movies recently

a movie with batman and superman was supposed to hit that easily. the only way it wouldnt was if it was mediocre, which it was

i admit, as a Head of The Official Coli Marvel Stan Club, i was resigned to the fact that these nikkas was finally gonna start testing our strength, i knew they had a billion locked down so my only argument was what about the quality tho :sas1:

but it ended up not only being mediocre but now may not even make a billion :mjlol:

Last two Batman's did a billy :troll:

With no "3D inflation" :troll:

and No "China" :troll:

So Billion dollar Batman with 3D + 600 milly Superman with 3D + China = movie making less than a billy :troll:'''''''''''' :jbhmm:

Biggest comic book movie opening ahead of five comic films that all did a billy+ = movie making less than a billy :troll:''''''''''''''' :jbhmm:

Something isn't making sense here :patrice:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
*Oh yeah, that movie :scust:
*Stays home

that's not how it works tho. Most casual viewers have no idea... I've had this conversation with multiple people who aren't sure whether Affleck is the same Batman in SS or not. Casual viewers watch a trailer and say "ok, that looks cool" or "ehh fukk that" and that's about it. Trailers are probably the most important factor. They are viewed millions and millions of times.

I don't think Wonder Woman will be a massive hit but I do think females will get out there and check for it at least initially. If it sucks then it sucks. I don't think BvS will have any impact positive or negative to the rest of the films.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Also let us not forget how Transformers by most accounts.. they probably are not good movies but fukkin Michael Bay puts that teaser out and everyone instantly forgets how they hated the last one or the one before it. Some shyt just is. No explanation.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
that's not how it works tho. Most casual viewers have no idea... I've had this conversation with multiple people who aren't sure whether Affleck is the same Batman in SS or not. Casual viewers watch a trailer and say "ok, that looks cool" or "ehh fukk that" and that's about it. Trailers are probably the most important factor. They are viewed millions and millions of times.

I don't think Wonder Woman will be a massive hit but I do think females will get out there and check for it at least initially. If it sucks then it sucks. I don't think BvS will have any impact positive or negative to the rest of the films.
it does work like that when you are trying to create an extended universe. thats the whole point of the extended universe to use the momentum from previous films to draw people in. they took the gamble on making a good BvS which would automatically set up all the individual films very easily for them.

their only saving grace is that suicide squad looks like it will probably be good along with the fact that WW comes out far enough in the future where people may not remember BvS as well, but i guarantee it will be brought up, as it should, because the movie was made to stimulate interest in the following films.

WW is another chance for DC to yet again take advantage of their properties. they have the most popular and easily identifiable female comic character in american history. there is no reason for that film not to make tons of money (week in and out, not just opening week and a giant fall off). the only way that film disappoints financially is again if it is mediocre in quality. DC is basically standing at the plate with the ball on a tee right now with the properties they have under their control

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
it does work like that when you are trying to create an extended universe. thats the whole point of the extended universe to use the momentum from previous films to draw people in. they took the gamble on making a good BvS which would automatically set up all the individual films very easily for them.

their only saving grace is that suicide squad looks like it will probably be good along with the fact that WW comes out far enough in the future where people may not remember BvS as well, but i guarantee it will be brought up, as it should, because the movie was made to stimulate interest in the following films.

WW is another chance for DC to yet again take advantage of their properties. they have the most popular and easily identifiable female comic character in american history. there is no reason for that film not to make tons of money (week in and out, not just opening week and a giant fall off). the only way that film disappoints financially is again if it is mediocre in quality. DC is basically standing at the plate with the ball on a tee right now with the properties they have under their control
If no names like Ant Man can pull 500 mil worldwide, Wonder Woman should be able to pull more especially being the first female superhero film. I'd give her between 500 to 800 mil worldwide.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

We are in agreement except for Suicide Squad because I believe with Joker and Harley's involvement it has taken on a life of it's own. There are a lot of people out there believe it or not who were more hyped to see that than even Batman v Superman so we'll see how that works out and Ayer wrote/directed it, has said that it's his vision so we will see how that plays out.