Batman V Superman is the 4th BIGGEST movie opening EVER ahead of EVERY COMIC movie!

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Just saw this today, I give the movie a B-, I will go into detail after I read a bit of this thread but let me say I ABSOLUTELY HATED WHAT THEY DID TO LEX LUTHOR. I mean WTF :mindblown: it's like they tried their hardest to make him Heath Ledger's Joker. I don't mind him being younger, but making him a psychotic babbling autistic hipster fukk no :what: :why:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Sounds like you rationalizing it, Show me where DC/WB stated their goals for this movie? Only dudes on here with that shyt throwing shyt against the wall hoping it will stick...this movie is STILL earning...you talking like 830 is the final number just like 400mil opening weekend wasnt the final numbers or the 600mil wasnt nor 700mil..this movie still earning...what you nikkas talking bout man lol 830mil AND counting...see you at 900mil breh

So you're saying DC / WB didn't want the movie to make a billion? Is that what you're saying?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You can’t see Furious 7 in 3D in America (althoughit is being shown in 3D in certain international markets, such as India),

Right there in your own article. You said 3D is why Furious 7 made a billion. That's not why. America is the world's biggest box office market and you couldn't watch it in 3D here. There were many other countries where you couldn't see it in 3D also. Plus, you saying it made a billion when it actually made 1.5 billion and is the 6th highest grossing film of all time.. You are just lost on this issue. 3D had virtually nothing to do with Furious 7's success.

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
I don't even care about either side but cap 3 bout to crush the buildings. Don't think a billion will be an issue.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
They don't have to state it.It's Batman & Superman.This was supposed to do Avengers numbers.

It's not really all that hard to hit a billion nowadays.900 mill is still :ld:for a movie of this stature(conceptually).

Like I said, should've been up there in the 1.3-1.5 billy area
:russ::russ::laff::laff:

How high are you?

It's not that hard to hit a billion? The fukk? There's been like 20-25 films in history to hit that mark.

If it's "not that hard" why don't the vast,vast majority of films do it. :dead:

Dumbest thing I've read on this forum in a while.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

How high are you?

It's not that hard to hit a billion? The fukk? There's been like 20-25 films in history to hit that mark.

bruh these new nikkas are dumb as fukk :mjlol:

"It's not hard to hit 60 home runs"

Sees that like 4-5 people have ever done it. :mjlol:

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps

How high are you?

Yeah it's not easy to get a billion but as you look at the list most are fairly recent due to ticket prices inflating so it is easier now to get big numbers. I think the point is a film with 2 of the biggest icons in comic history and ww should've had no issue gettin over a billion.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
So you're saying DC / WB didn't want the movie to make a billion? Is that what you're saying?

they are delusional, they really are. imagine a top executive at mcdonalds stood up in the boardroom and said "hey we're on pace to sell way less hamburgers than we did last year but not to worry everything is okay we're just gonna keep doing what we're doing..."

in terms of batman movies this one made less than the last 2, even though it had a greater marketing budget and the additional bonus of 3D viewings. also neither of those movies had as much hype as this one did. they can talk heath ledger all you want, he didn't break the internet like that comic con announcement did. for the last 3 years all anyone could talk about was ben affleck and this fukking movie. of course as more footage was released people became less and less interested, but when they first made the announcement and no one knew what to expect... wow, that was something. easily the biggest blockbuster film announcement since "disney bought star wars".

Last edited:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Even u brehs who liked the film (I'm def one of them) have to admit that this film should have made 1.3 to 1.5 billion and it's disappointing that it might not even see 1 billion. It made money and will be a financial success but honestly, if it were received better, it would have made more. I mean the Boss is beating this film. The fukking Boss :snoop:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How much yall think them dvd sales will make??? I think they killed repeat viewing by announcing an R rate longer version while the movie was still in theaters

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Yeah but BvS should be making more daily. Between Monday and Tuesday, it only made about 1.4 million on days 25 and 26s. That's NOT good
It is what it is..it should've held it down three weekends in a row but it just got slaughtered by the critics and everyone else..it may not even be a top 3 highest grossing comic book flick this year ..that's crazy.....

I took my daughter to see the jungle book and these two kids are in the lobby staring at the Bvs poster, and i hear one of the kid say, "superman sucks." :dead:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Right there in your own article. You said 3D is why Furious 7 made a billion. That's not why. America is the world's biggest box office market and you couldn't watch it in 3D here. There were many other countries where you couldn't see it in 3D also. Plus, you saying it made a billion when it actually made 1.5 billion and is the 6th highest grossing film of all time.. You are just lost on this issue. 3D had virtually nothing to do with Furious 7's success.
I'm starting to think you're trolling. Either that or you can't read.

Why limit it to comic book films? 13 movies have made a billion in the last 5 years. The spread of 3d and IMAX has made it so shyt like Furious 7 can make a billion.

I bolded it for you. Notice the "and" there. The amount of Imax screens was the most in history. And sure, America is the worlds biggest box office but the movie made MORE in China than it did in America. The movie made a billion dollars without even including in American dollars. And guess what, they had 3d in China, the territory where they made the most money. And if you think I'm lost on the issue, maybe you think Universal's President of International Distribution is lost on the success of his film too.:ufdup:

Universal Pictures International President of Distribution Duncan Clark called the achievements “magnificent,” especially “at a time when the dollar is so relatively strong and local currencies are so relatively weak.” He gives particular credit to the filmmakers and the studio for “turning out the best version of a Fast & Furious film. Positioning the James Wan-directed actioner in a corridor with little traffic was strategic and Clark gives great credit to the efforts of the marketing team – including President of Worldwide Marketing Josh Goldstine and London-based EVP of International Marketing Simon Hewlett – calling their work “exceptional and ingenious.” A decision to go out in 3D in Asian and Latin-American territories was key, he says. :mjpls:

‘Furious 7’ Crosses $1B Overseas; Passes ‘T4’ In China As Top-Grossing Film Ever

Plus, you saying it made a billion when it actually made 1.5 billion

:mjlol:no shyt Sherlock. It joined the billion dollar club. That doesn't mean it made 1,000,000,000 even.

Last edited: