Batman V Superman is the 4th BIGGEST movie opening EVER ahead of EVERY COMIC movie!

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
dude said "As for adding to the schedule, they are doing what they always do, when in doubt add more Batman"

i cited an example of this being true, turning MOS2 into BvS. they were in doubt after the mixed reception to MOS so they added batman.

you said they dont add him just for the sake of money

they did in that instance. i know you are talking about feature films for the majority of your post but the point that they dont just add him for the sake of money is false because they did just that in the case of BvS
I agree that it's true for turning MoS2 into BvS but not true for adding Batman solo films. Now if the date moves up for the Batman solo films then I'll agree.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
This is definitely true but a Batman movie was going to be fast tracked regardless imo. Just like Spider-man got wedged into the MCU slate.

Truth be told though.... A Spider-Man movie was ALWAYS gonna happen around the time this one is dropping..... The only difference is now Marvel gets to have some control.

Wouldn't necessarily look at the inevitable as wedged

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Truth be told though.... A Spider-Man movie was ALWAYS gonna happen around the time this one is dropping..... The only difference is now Marvel gets to have some control.

Wouldn't necessarily look at the inevitable as wedged
so what you homeboys with that bloated tard fiege now?

you got the inside scoop on what disney planning breh?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
draws attention to their comics and apparel which are still for sale :sas2:

He's not right it's based on assumption for one and two you are incorrect because Disney has been stopping the manufacturing of new X-Men products in an attempt to diminish the value of the characters.. Problem is.. it hasn't worked. Deadpool is bigger than ever.

:sas1:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It's very likely WB is pushing Affleck to get this done sooner because they want their cash cow/crutch back at the forefront.

Stop it. The whole reason they chose Affleck to play Batman in the first place is because they wanted Affleck to take the helm on a new Batman solo series. Affleck is a well known Batman fanboy and he's an award-winning director.. that was the move they made. They aren't making a Batman solo because of anything else, it was always the plan.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
He's not right it's based on assumption for one and two you are incorrect because Disney has been stopping the manufacturing of new X-Men products in an attempt to diminish the value of the characters.. Problem is.. it hasn't worked. Deadpool is bigger than ever.

:sas1:
Breh I see dead pool shyt in the damn mall now. Check the tag.... Marvel

And I posted the article where it said in plain English they get paid off the movies. I shytty percentage. But facts is facts

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Breh I see dead pool shyt in the damn mall now. Check the tag.... Marvel

If you don't think they've slowed up production on all X-Men products including the comics themselves then this is going nowhere it's a known fact.. watch collider videos, watch any other source of comic book movie information. You cant find X-Men character shyt anywhere. Maybe with Deadpool they will bite the bullet and try to get back in the game but their diminishing attempts have been going on for years now since Disney bought Marvel.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Stop it. The whole reason they chose Affleck to play Batman in the first place is because they wanted Affleck to take the helm on a new Batman solo series. Affleck is a well known Batman fanboy and he's an award-winning director.. that was the move they made. They aren't making a Batman solo because of anything else, it was always the plan.
How you figure? No Batman movie was on the slate until like a week ago.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
an article you say? from where? comicbooknerd.com?
yes... is that not good enough for you? i didn't know we needed to have you pass judgement first...

is this better?

Because it is an R-rated film, Deadpool's ability to sell toys to kids is limited. That hasn't stopped Disney from ramping up its licensing for the character, though. In November, it announced new marketing plans for Marvel's so-called anti-heroes that include not only Deadpool but also characters such as Daredevil, the Punisher, and Jessica Jones.

Hasbro (HAS - Get Report) added collector figures and clothing manufacturers like Mad Engine, C-Life and Hybrid signed on for apparel, accessories, footwear and bags, Disney said in a press release.

Retailer Hot Topic signed on to market the products with signage, social media posts and a homepage takeover, according to Disney. Retailers Walmart (WMT - Get Report) , JCPenny (JCP) and Spencer's added online and marketing support. And Amazon (AMZN - Get Report) has expanded its offerings for the characters.

Fox's blockbuster hit 'Deadpool' is paying dividends for Disney, too

NO? well then how about direct quotes from the man who made the deal??

Even after all the maneuvering, Marvel retained a hefty royalty of 5 percent of the "first dollar" revenue Fox generated from a Deadpool film, according to a person with knowledge of the deal. That gives Disney a 5 percent slice off the top of revenue that Fox receives from ticket or DVD sales, and from other income.

Marvel also negotiated to keep most of the merchandising rights that the film helps to promote. "The company generally retains control of merchandising rights and retains more than 50 percent of merchandised based royalty," Marvel said in a 2006 financial filing.

"Disney will benefit from Marvel's small gross participation in the film and all the sequels," said Amir Malin, the managing partner of media asset investor Qualia Capital LLC and the former Artisan CEO who negotiated the company's agreement with Marvel." But it has lost the opportunity to have another franchise create meaningful value."

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You know how I know your article is bullshyt? Because it said that Deadpool making $800M means that Marvel would get $16 million from it in profits. That's impossible because FOX isn't getting $800M. We don't even know how much they are getting because every country divides up the shares differently between how much money goes to the studio and how much goes to the movie theater distribution.

Stop posting nonsense :mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Snyder said it himself. Rovan said it himself. Just because it wasn't announced yet doesn't mean that wasn't the plan. Affleck is a busy guy so scheduling matters.
Do they have power to say that or do they have to wait for Warner approval? Warner announced all their DC movies at a shareholders meeting last year and Batman was not part of it. Why?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Do they have power to say that or do they have to wait for Warner approval? Warner announced all their DC movies at a shareholders meeting last year and Batman was not part of it. Why?

You can't make promises at a shareholders meeting if you haven't lined up the scheduling. That's being dishonest. You have to be truthful with investors. If they told investors that the movie was coming at this date and then Affleck couldn't do it until another date that's not a good look. I don't know how this relates to anything I said. I said their plan was for Ben to make Batman movies. That's always been the plan :manny: