Batman V Superman is the 4th BIGGEST movie opening EVER ahead of EVERY COMIC movie!

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Falling $100 million short of a stated goal matters in any business. It's not stopping them from moving forward but that doesn't mean they are happy with the results. That's why rumors are floating around about them releasing the directors cut in theaters, they are trying to push for more goodwill from the audience. JL was too far along with Zach already working by the time the numbers started falling. They were due to start filming by like week 2 of BvS being in theaters. As for adding to the schedule, they are doing what they always do, when in doubt add more Batman. He's the only character they have faith in and they are building their universe around him. I wouldn't be shocked to hear they found a way to add him to Wonder Woman.

They could have easily pushed Justice League back. It didn't start filing until April 12th. The reason they didn't push it back is because they are still going to make a good amount of money on this despite everything people are saying.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Falling $100 million short of a stated goal matters in any business. It's not stopping them from moving forward but that doesn't mean they are happy with the results. That's why rumors are floating around about them releasing the directors cut in theaters, they are trying to push for more goodwill from the audience. JL was too far along with Zach already working by the time the numbers started falling. They were due to start filming by like week 2 of BvS being in theaters. As for adding to the schedule, they are doing what they always do, when in doubt add more Batman. He's the only character they have faith in and they are building their universe around him. I wouldn't be shocked to hear they found a way to add him to Wonder Woman.
They're not adding more Batman for the sake of making money. There was ALWAYS going to be a Batman trilogy in the DCEU, they just didn't have anything on schedule which was most likely due to the way Ben works (one movie at a time).

The fact that you think adding a Batman solo film to a universe he's considered part of a trinity simply to get money is hilarious.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:comeon: None of these studios NEED anything but it's kinda funny how this character nobody knew 10 years ago does $800 milly and Marvel ain't seeing none of the profits. In fact, if they wanted to enjoy the film, they'd have to pay IMAX prices just like everyone else :lolbron:
draws attention to their comics and apparel which are still for sale :sas2:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
No, I think you should sit this one out. That's not how it's going. :francis:

lmao what the f*ck breh?

actually he's right

Fox also secured a portion of the resulting merchandising revenue earned from X-films, in addition to rights to animated feature films based on the characters. In return, Marvel received $1.6 million for live action rights, plus another $1 million for animated rights, plus a percentage of the theatrical gross for all X-films.

Maybe that's overstating it. But according to the legal filing, Fox estimated its profits on 2000's X-Men at roughly $160 million vs. just $6 million in "back-end contingent compensation" for Marvel, or equal to just more than 2% of the film's worldwide gross of $296.3 million.

Presuming not much has changed -- and there's no evidence that it has -- Disney might earn $16 million or so if Deadpool grosses $800 million globally, roughly triple its opening weekend haul.

2% baby :troll:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
:sas1: who wants to talk about this?
Nobody, because it's wrong.

They could have easily pushed Justice League back. It didn't start filing until April 12th. The reason they didn't push it back is because they are still going to make a good amount of money on this despite everything people are saying.
Everything is going to make "a good amount of money".

BvS made "a good amount of money". Business is about maximizing profits on the properties under your control. They didn't with BvS, y'all refusal to admit this fact is laughable stannism to the extreme. The goalposts are different when you have a movie with top tier properties than a movie with some no name.

That's why your constant bringing up of Marvel being sad at Deadpool makes no sense. We are talking about the failure to take advantage of the properties under their control and y'all can't admit it so you gotta change the subject on some well marvel doesn't have Deadpool haha!

They're not adding more Batman for the sake of making money. There was ALWAYS going to be a Batman trilogy in the DCEU, they just didn't have anything on schedule which was most likely due to the way Ben works (one movie at a time).

The fact that you think adding a Batman solo film to a universe he's considered part of a trinity simply to get money is hilarious.
They literally added him and turned MOS2 into BvS because of the reception to MOS and their desire to skip steps to close the gap on marvel and get the JL popping. What :mjlol: Batman was literally what was supposed to help push this into the game changer category, this was supposed to be an event with Americas two most popular heroes in a movie together for the first time. Batman is always gonna be the fail safe for this company because he rarely is received poorly.

Last edited:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Nobody, because it's wrong.

Everything is going to make "a good amount of money".

BvS made "a good amount of money". Business is about maximizing profits on the properties under your control. They didn't with BvS, y'all refusal to admit this fact is laughable stannism to the extreme. The goalposts are different when you have a movie with top tier properties than a movie with some no name.

That's why your constant bringing up of Marvel being sad at Deadpool makes no sense. We are talking about the failure to take advantage of the properties under their control and y'all can't admit it so you gotta change the subject on some well marvel doesn't have Deadpool haha!

They literally added him and turned MOS2 into BvS because of the reception to MOS and their desire to skip steps to close the gap on marvel and get the JL popping. What :mjlol: Batman was literally what was supposed to help push this into the game changer category, this was supposed to be an event with Americas two most popular heroes in a movie together for the first time. Batman is always gonna be the fail safe for this company because he rarely is received poorly.
I was strictly talking about Batman's solo film and adding it to the slot not his role in BvS. Can you read? :mjlol:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The movie was released 18 days before that and opened strong. The studio wouldn't have any indication of a drop off until April 4, 8 days before shooting was to start. That is way too close with too much effort in to just stop. Doing so would show panic and had it bounced back the next week they would look stupid.

I was strictly talking about Batman's solo film and adding it to the slot not his role in BvS. Can you read? :mjlol:

Besides his point on BvS the solo film was planned for somewhere down the line. It wasn't on the schedule but would come eventually, then this movie underperforms and now it's in pre-production ahead of movies with scheduled release dates. It's very likely WB is pushing Affleck to get this done sooner because they want their cash cow/crutch back at the forefront.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
70utmCUXh656dcc5943d3bd.jpg

series of questions for those of you that enjoyed the movie:

1. before you saw the movie, before you heard anything about it, how much money did you guess this would make? were you like kevin smith who thought it would break all records or did you think it would make less than a billion and only about half of what the avengers sequel made?

2. what reasons would you give for this movie tapering off and not remaining consistent with it's opening weekend numbers? do you believe word of mouth was a factor at all?

3. if this movie HAD grossed over a billion and did avengers type numbers, what would you have attributed it to? was doing a billion dollars even possible in your opinion?

4. purely from a creative standpoint do you believe wb should keep snyder and terrio? should they proceed with their plan?

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
The movie was released 18 days before that and opened strong. The studio wouldn't have any indication of a drop off until April 4, 8 days before shooting was to start. That is way too close with too much effort in to just stop. Doing so would show panic and had it bounced back the next week they would look stupid.

Besides his point on BvS the solo film was planned for somewhere down the line. It wasn't on the schedule but would come eventually, then this movie underperforms and now it's in pre-production ahead of movies with scheduled release dates. It's very likely WB is pushing Affleck to get this done sooner because they want their cash cow/crutch back at the forefront.

We'll have to see but currently it's just announced that Ben is directing, the movie isn't officially on the list. WB just added two unknown DC films everyone is just speculating that one is a Batman solo film.

70utmCUXh656dcc5943d3bd.jpg

series of questions for those of you that enjoyed the movie:

1. before you saw the movie, before you heard anything about it, how much money did you guess this would make? were you like kevin smith who thought it would break all records or did you think it would make less than a billion and only about half of what the avengers sequel made?

2. what reasons would you give for this movie tapering off and not remaining consistent with it's opening weekend numbers? do you believe word of mouth was a factor at all?

3. if this movie HAD grossed over a billion and did avengers type numbers, what would you have attributed it to? was doing a billion dollars even possible in your opinion?

4. purely from a creative standpoint do you believe wb should keep snyder and terrio? should they proceed with their plan?

1. I thought I film would make around 1 to 1.5 billion

2. I do believe word of mouth was a factor while I did enjoy it, it seems that the vast majority of folks didn't

3. I would attribute to it being a film that other really enjoyed and yes my minimum was a billion

4. I think they should keep Synder but get a co director to help him out. I don't know about Terrio, it seems the common denominator might be Goyer since he worked on both MoS and this but we'll have to see what happens when JL part one comes around. If the same problems continue then I would say kick Terrio and get another writer.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
ZACK SNYDER TALKS FORMING THE JUSTICE LEAGUE; JABS AT CAPTAIN AMERICA, HULK & MARVEl

Pretty early on I had this idea that I wanted [Superman's death] to happen. I really felt like if we were going to move forward with the Justice League, that Batman needed to put it together, and you couldn't have this... I mean Superman is Superman," Snyder said. "If he's around, he's going to be put in charge because he's Superman. And so I really felt we need to - in a cool way - create a mechanism that could get him out of the way. And I didn't want to [rolls eyes] freeze him on ice and shoot him into space. I thought that was boring [laughs]."

Snyder continues with mention of all the deaths in Man of Steel and Batman vs. Superman (that some fans complained about), seemingly taking another swipe at Marvel by saying, "Because I really feel like consequences are important in super hero movies. Otherwise, they are slightly irresponsible, and we're just saying 'blow everything up and no one gets hurt, it's awesome,' and I just felt like no, no that's not cool..."

Because I really feel like consequences are important in super hero movies. Otherwise, they are slightly irresponsible, and we're just saying 'blow everything up and no one gets hurt, it's awesome,' and I just felt like no, no that's not cool

Zack Snyder Talks Forming The Justice League; Jabs At Captain America, Hulk & Marvel

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
:pachaha:What I find funny is even though I enjoyed it, it's definitely polarizing and very much a "comic book fans movie" but that it actually bothers people if you enjoy it and some aren't content until others dislike it as much as they do. I'm not even talking about the boards but out in the world. Yes word of mouth definitely bit this movie in the ass.