Batman V Superman is the 4th BIGGEST movie opening EVER ahead of EVERY COMIC movie!

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We'll have to see but currently it's just announced that Ben is directing, the movie isn't officially on the list. WB just added two unknown DC films everyone is just speculating that one is a Batman solo film.

Fair enough, but if Batman somehow gets added to be released before the Flash will you admit WB was disappointed with this film?:jbhmm:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ZACK SNYDER TALKS FORMING THE JUSTICE LEAGUE; JABS AT CAPTAIN AMERICA, HULK & MARVEl

I find it funny that he talks about consequences of these events when BvS spent the whole movie letting Superman side step taking responsibility for MOS. Even though they have a lighter tone the Marvel movies show consequences and have the world change/react to the events of their movies. Ironman 2 started with Congress looking to take the Suits from Tony because the idea of a private citizen with that kind of power scared them. It ended with Ironman working for the government as a consultant for Shield. After Thor the government started a program with the long term purpose of weaponizing the cosmic cube. After the Avengers they worked with AIM and also started project Insight as a defense measure. The Avengers themselves avoided punishment because they all, to varying degrees, worked for Shield up to that point. The exception being Thor, who is a leader from another planet so diplomatic immunity may apply.

Age of Ultron is the first movie where the team was all private citizens acting independently and that is leading to a new law drafted to reign them in due to the damage done and lives lost.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is definitely true but a Batman movie was going to be fast tracked regardless imo. Just like Spider-man got wedged into the MCU slate.
That's true but Marvel is working with another company on Spiderman and needed to get the deal through before announcing it. WB had no reason to leave a solo Batman off the initial schedule if they always intended to do it.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
I find it funny that he talks about consequences of these events when BvS spent the whole movie letting Superman side step taking responsibility for MOS. Even though they have a lighter tone the Marvel movies show consequences and have the world change/react to the events of their movies. Ironman 2 started with Congress looking to take the Suits from Tony because the idea of a private citizen with that kind of power scared them. It ended with Ironman working for the government as a consultant for Shield. After Thor the government started a program with the long term purpose of weaponizing the cosmic cube. After the Avengers they worked with AIM and also started project Insight as a defense measure. The Avengers themselves avoided punishment because they all, to varying degrees, worked for Shield up to that point. The exception being Thor, who is a leader from another planet so diplomatic immunity may apply.

Age of Ultron is the first movie where the team was all private citizens acting independently and that is leading to a new law drafted to reign them in due to the damage done and lives lost.
i find it funny that no one gives a f*ck about what you're typing and is going to read your essays about what you find funny

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
That's true but Marvel is working with another company on Spiderman and needed to get the deal through before announcing it. WB had no reason to leave a solo Batman off the initial schedule if they always intended to do it.
I doubt they predicted how much of a critical bright spot in the movie he would be. They assumed it would be generally overall well received and the public would be ready for more DCU. Now nothing seems certain except for Batman.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Nobody, because it's wrong.

Everything is going to make "a good amount of money".

BvS made "a good amount of money". Business is about maximizing profits on the properties under your control. They didn't with BvS, y'all refusal to admit this fact is laughable stannism to the extreme. The goalposts are different when you have a movie with top tier properties than a movie with some no name.

That's why your constant bringing up of Marvel being sad at Deadpool makes no sense. We are talking about the failure to take advantage of the properties under their control and y'all can't admit it so you gotta change the subject on some well marvel doesn't have Deadpool haha!

They literally added him and turned MOS2 into BvS because of the reception to MOS and their desire to skip steps to close the gap on marvel and get the JL popping. What :mjlol: Batman was literally what was supposed to help push this into the game changer category, this was supposed to be an event with Americas two most popular heroes in a movie together for the first time. Batman is always gonna be the fail safe for this company because he rarely is received poorly.

:mjlol: @ you forgetting that DC ran marvel out of the animated DVD game. Now, the DCEU is going to do the same to Marvel in another few years with their live action films.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

He's just not that bright. @Kill Dat Noize called it early.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I doubt they predicted how much of a critical bright spot in the movie he would be. They assumed it would be generally overall well received and the public would be ready for more DCU. Now nothing seems certain except for Batman.
That's my point, when things get shaky they panic and lean on Batman.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Yes and I was addressing your first point, which is false. They do add him for the sake of money, or we would have had MOS2 instead of BvS. He is their fail safe.
We're literally having two different conversations so I'll just say okay.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
We're literally having two different conversations so I'll just say okay.
dude said "As for adding to the schedule, they are doing what they always do, when in doubt add more Batman"

i cited an example of this being true, turning MOS2 into BvS. they were in doubt after the mixed reception to MOS so they added batman.

you said they dont add him just for the sake of money

they did in that instance. i know you are talking about feature films for the majority of your post but the point that they dont just add him for the sake of money is false because they did just that in the case of BvS

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
70utmCUXh656dcc5943d3bd.jpg

series of questions for those of you that enjoyed the movie:

1. before you saw the movie, before you heard anything about it, how much money did you guess this would make? were you like kevin smith who thought it would break all records or did you think it would make less than a billion and only about half of what the avengers sequel made?

2. what reasons would you give for this movie tapering off and not remaining consistent with it's opening weekend numbers? do you believe word of mouth was a factor at all?

3. if this movie HAD grossed over a billion and did avengers type numbers, what would you have attributed it to? was doing a billion dollars even possible in your opinion?

4. purely from a creative standpoint do you believe wb should keep snyder and terrio? should they proceed with their plan?

1.) A billion. I don't listen to Kevin Smith anymore honestly. :upsetfavre:
2.) Critic reviews were the reason. It got raked through the coals. I haven't seen a public execution of a movie like this since Transformers 4. Only T4 deserved it.
3.) I would've attributed it to the fact that it has the the three biggest superheroes in history in it.
4.) They need to axe both.