Batman V Superman is the 4th BIGGEST movie opening EVER ahead of EVERY COMIC movie!

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Fox and Sony must compensate Marvel in order to use Marvel's intellectual properties. If any company were to use Marvel's characters without paying for them, Disney lawyers could and would sue the company for copyright infringement.

I think youre getting our sabotage confused, its FF they beef heavy with, never heard of them trynna sabotage Xmen and Deadpool.

And they doing it to A) be petty and B) because Marvel would much prefer to be making these films themselves because they would have greater control of the films' quality, they could have characters appearing in each other's films, and ultimately make even more money for themselves.

No, I think you should sit this one out. That's not how it's going. :francis:

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Fox and Sony must compensate Marvel in order to use Marvel's intellectual properties. If any company were to use Marvel's characters without paying for them, Disney lawyers could and would sue the company for copyright infringement.

I think youre getting our sabotage confused, its FF they beef heavy with, never heard of them trynna sabotage Xmen and Deadpool.

And they doing it to A) be petty and B) because Marvel would much prefer to be making these films themselves because they would have greater control of the films' quality, they could have characters appearing in each other's films, and ultimately make even more money for themselves.
lmao what the f*ck breh?

thekidvoodoo

8-bit
Daps
I just saw BVS and that movie was complete trash. How the hell can anybody objectively like this movie unless the only thing you care about are the action sequences. Affleck was the only good thing about this film; without him, the film would probably have a 0 on rotten tomatoes. The plot is all over the place and the dream sequences were pointless.

Hopefully Suicide Squad lives up to the hype and I'm pretty confident the Batfleck film will at least be decent. I should have trusted rotten tomatoes on BVS
Suicide Squad is going to make us forget we watched this terrible shyt. Then hopefully the solo batflefk flick gets the DCU back on track.

Oh shyt... Nevermind, these fukkers got another Snyder film as the follow-up! :damn:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
its alot easier to get to 1 billion now a days. being that DC had the two most recognizable properties in comic book lore the expectations in many places were 1 billion plus easily. to crawl to a billion is an embarrassment and just a sign of the quality of the film, hence the massive opening week followed by the waterfall drop off in numbers to the point where its battling classics films like The Boss

A completely unknown character like deadpool doing more than the two most recognizable super heroes in the comic game is a sign of DCs failure to make a good movie, it actually has nothing to do with marvel, the only people bringing up marvel in that argument are the pro DC / anti-marvel people

and on the point of it being released in march, it was done on purpose by DC. you cant use that as a defense when they did it on purpose, they moved it from May to march to try and have as little competition as possible. it showed in the first week, but the product was so poor that it has no legs to continue to take advantage of the weak competition.

if you have batman and superman under your control and you release them both in the same movie you arent popping bottles of champagne because you are at 850 million right now. you were supposed to be setting the trend with BvS not being another in the group. they know they dropped the ball with this one

Just because it's easier due to inflation doesn't mean it's a lock but in my anaylsis I did say the high end goal was probably 1.1-.1.2 So it's going to come up 200 Million short. You say that means it's a fact the quailty wasn't there. I say maybe but there are other factors including time of year and rebooted characters. Maybe the answer is somewhere in the middle. If I'm DC though I'm still popping bottles because Superman has now been in two movies after a 20 year gap after Reeves and the disaterous results of "Superman Returns". And Batman has been fully rebooted after the "The Dark Knight Trilogy" and not having to spend 50 Million on Bale to return. Also if were being honest why would this movie outgross "The Dark Knight" or "Rises"? Both of those only did 1.01 Billion and 1.085 so it looks like it's going to come must under those.

MOS: 668
BatsVSupes: 920-950

+ 250-280

The DCEU is pacing well after 2 movies. We will see what "Suicide Squad" Does but Batman and Joker are in that. "Wonder woman" should definitely do better than "Catwoman" and "Elektra" as far as solo Female heroes. But this idea that WB was expecting Avengers numbers is wrong soley based on them moving it to March, that may have been there choice but it doesn't change the reality. Plus again the month of March has never had a billion dollar grosser any genre (Correction Alice and Wonderland did it but that was largly due to 3D craze after "Avatar" plus it was a PG Kids movie). The Deadpool anology was only to say it caught lighting in a bottle. Based on your logic why didn't "Winter Solider" do a Billion if it was so easy? Didn't it have all the hype after The Avengers? Why hasn't a single Spiderman Movie done a Billion? and Spidey is more popular than every single Avenger and just as big as Bats and Supes. Because brand names only generate interest. There are other factors to take something to a Billion.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Just because it's easier due to inflation doesn't mean it's a lock but in my anaylsis I did say the high end goal was probably 1.1-.1.2 So it's going to come up 200 Million short. You say that means it's a fact the quailty wasn't there. I say maybe but there are other factors including time of year and rebooted characters. Maybe the answer is somewhere in the middle. If I'm DC though I'm still popping bottles because Superman has now been in two movies after a 20 year gap after Reeves and the disaterous results of "Superman Returns". And Batman has been fully rebooted after the "The Dark Knight Trilogy" and not having to spend 50 Million on Bale to return. Also if were being honest why would this movie outgross "The Dark Knight" or "Rises"? Both of those only did 1.01 Billion and 1.085 so it looks like it's going to come must under those.

+ 250-280

The DCEU is pacing well after 2 movies. We will see what "Suicide Squad" Does but Batman and Joker are in that. "Wonder woman" should definitely do better than "Catwoman" and "Elektra" as far as solo Female heroes. But this idea that WB was expecting Avengers numbers is wrong soley based on them moving it to March, that may have been there choice but it doesn't change the reality. Plus again the month of March has never had a billion dollar grosser any genre. The Deadpool anology was only to say it caught lighting in a bottle. Based on your logic why didn't "Winter Solider" do a Billion if it was so easy? Didn't it have all the hype after The Avengers? Why hasn't a single Spiderman Movie done a Billion? and Spidey is more popular than every single Avenger and just as big as Bats and Supes. Because brand names only generate interest. There are other factors to take something to a Billion.

The Marvel heads don't like objectivity

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
let's keep it 100

they don't like to "think" period

@Rapmastermind broke it down properly. The DCEU is only 2 films in and outdid most comic book movies EVER. It's just that people want instant results from the get go. Outside of TDK trilogy, Marvel has had a head start since 1998 when Blade dropped and didn't have much competition since. Nearly 20 years of them doing their own thing, and not a groundbreaking performance on the level of Heath Ledger. Some people like RDJ are perfect for their roles in the MCU, but none that were like :damn: .

They scared of the competition heating up. Nearly 20 years of dominance on the big screen, and they doing all kinds of corporate sabotage to the DCEU only 2 films in. :mjlol:

Remember when Marvel ran the PG13 animated DVD films? And when DC came in? :russ:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

+ 250-280

The DCEU is pacing well after 2 movies. We will see what "Suicide Squad" Does but Batman and Joker are in that. "Wonder woman" should definitely do better than "Catwoman" and "Elektra" as far as solo Female heroes. But this idea that WB was expecting Avengers numbers is wrong soley based on them moving it to March, that may have been there choice but it doesn't change the reality. Plus again the month of March has never had a billion dollar grosser any genre (Correction Alice and Wonderland did it but that was largly due to 3D craze after "Avatar" plus it was a PG Kids movie). The Deadpool anology was only to say it caught lighting in a bottle. Based on your logic why didn't "Winter Solider" do a Billion if it was so easy? Didn't it have all the hype after The Avengers? Why hasn't a single Spiderman Movie done a Billion? and Spidey is more popular than every single Avenger and just as big as Bats and Supes. Because brand names only generate interest. There are other factors to take something to a Billion.
Wrong, but I like your spunk. You have potential to surpass @Prodigal Syndicate , in time....

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the absurdity of this statement completely negates everything you type after

1 yaself b*tch
Given the fact that last year 4 different movies grossed over a billion dollars he's right that it's easier and seen as more of a normal benchmark for these major blockbuster event films.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're right. Numbers don't lie. This has made more money than 9 of the 12 MCU films thus far. It's the 2nd DC movie in this expanded universe. They are well ahead of schedule. :manny:

Given the fact that WB seems to believe that their characters are bigger and more well know than any that Marvel has access to them having a bigger return than the likes of Thor, Captain America, Antman and the team nobody heard of featuring a walking tree should be a given. That doesn't change the fact that the film didn't hit the benchmark you set for it last year.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That doesn't change the fact that the film didn't hit the benchmark you set for it last year.

That I set? :wtf:

Listen they wanted it to do a billion. Nowhere anywhere does it say WB wanted it to do more than that. That's when people started moving the goalposts. So if it doesn't hit a bill and falls short at like $900-something million it's not going to matter. They could have pulled Justice League if they had concerns. Obviously they didn't. They could have fired Snyder. They didn't.

In fact, they've added to the slate.. not subtracted. This isn't some killer to the franchise that you were hoping for :manny:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
only reason why this thread is as long as it is is because you marvel b*tches keep coming in here breh

keep it 100

I'm a keep it 100

1. I come in here to pick at the DC remains
2. Gloat
3. Say I told you so about this movie being a critical failure
4. The free daps :troll:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
@Rapmastermind broke it down properly. The DCEU is only 2 films in and outdid most comic book movies EVER. It's just that people want instant results from the get go. Outside of TDK trilogy, Marvel has had a head start since 1998 when Blade dropped and didn't have much competition since. Nearly 20 years of them doing their own thing, and not a groundbreaking performance on the level of Heath Ledger. Some people like RDJ are perfect for their roles in the MCU, but none that were like :damn: .

They scared of the competition heating up. Nearly 20 years of dominance on the big screen, and they doing all kinds of corporate sabotage to the DCEU only 2 films in. :mjlol:

Remember when Marvel ran the PG13 animated DVD films? And when DC came in? :russ:

:sas1: who wants to talk about this?

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That I set? :wtf:

Listen they wanted it to do a billion. Nowhere anywhere does it say WB wanted it to do more than that. That's when people started moving the goalposts. So if it doesn't hit a bill and falls short at like $900-something million it's not going to matter. They could have pulled Justice League if they had concerns. Obviously they didn't. They could have fired Snyder. They didn't.

In fact, they've added to the slate.. not subtracted. This isn't some killer to the franchise that you were hoping for :manny:

Falling $100 million short of a stated goal matters in any business. It's not stopping them from moving forward but that doesn't mean they are happy with the results. That's why rumors are floating around about them releasing the directors cut in theaters, they are trying to push for more goodwill from the audience. JL was too far along with Zach already working by the time the numbers started falling. They were due to start filming by like week 2 of BvS being in theaters. As for adding to the schedule, they are doing what they always do, when in doubt add more Batman. He's the only character they have faith in and they are building their universe around him. I wouldn't be shocked to hear they found a way to add him to Wonder Woman.