Batman V Superman is the 4th BIGGEST movie opening EVER ahead of EVERY COMIC movie!

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
CW is gonna reveal a lot of corruption. I saw some clips, and let's say that I would rather watch Winter Soldier again...CW is better than that Antman/AoU/Ironman 3 nonsense, but that's it.
I won't speak on the quality of Civil war because I haven't seen it but I will say you judging the movie on a few out context clips makes your agenda clear. This thread however is about numbers and those don't lie.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I won't speak on the quality of Civil war because I haven't seen it but I will say you judging the movie on a few out context clips makes your agenda clear. This thread however is about numbers and those don't lie.

I saw parts of the movie from bootleg. It's a step down from WS.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw parts of the movie from bootleg. It's a step down from WS.
Were you in the camp that was waiting until the directors cut was released before fully judging BvS?

Judging an effects heavy movie on a small screen bootleg of questionable quality without watching the complete story come to a resolution. We don't do that in Harlem.:dame:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Were you in the camp that was waiting until the directors cut was released before fully judging BvS?

Judging an effects heavy movie on a small screen bootleg of questionable quality without watching the complete story come to a resolution. We don't do that in Harlem.:dame:

When I see the full version, it ain't gonna be like TDK or Citizen Kane. It needs a memorable villain.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
You also said it wasnt gonna make 830 million just the other week. You're obviously not that good at math.
No i didn't, you read that wrong bruh, its ok you're starting to see ....i did say it might make 30 more million here in the states, and i'm actually gonna be over cuz its gonna do just under 30 its looking. So i am almost dead on.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
There's only been five Comic Book movies in history to cross 1 Billion and people act like it happens all the time. Marvel only has 3 and DC already had 2 with the last films of the Dark Knight Trilogy. Also why do people love to bring up "Deadpool" like it didn't Body the MCU as well? There's only 3 MCU films that have grossed more than "Deadpool", so it outperformed 9 of their films domestic and globally.

Yes Marvel is still getting a cut but it's not in the MCU. Comic Movies crossing a Billion at the global box office doesn't happen that much and it takes the right characterisics for it to happen. "Iron Man 3" did it because it was coming off 2 "Iron Man" movies and "The Avengers". Of course both "Avengers" did it but "Avengers 2" dipped in Box Office but still cross a Billi.

The last two Batman's did it because "TDK" was in instant Classic and "Rises" was highly anticipated. Now this film had everything going for it as far as brand reconigtion. It was still a rebooted Batman and a Superman people are still getting to know (Reeves still have the crown to most) the March release date to me limited it's box office because Kids are still in school. It looks like it's going to tap out just short of 1 Billion but it will gross over 900 Million making it #6 globally behind Avengers 1 +2, IM3, TDK and TDKR.

So there could be an argument that quailty might of hurt it but this wasn't a lock for 1.3-1.5 Billion with the March release . Every comic book Billion Dollar Grosser opened in May and June. I think the ceiling was 1.1-1.2. Now Civil War (Avengers 2.5) has a lot going for it but techinically the "Captain America" films only do decent. "Winter Solider" did improve worldiwide big time. They are hoping Iron Man and Spidey give this film a nice bump and it probably will. But I don't think it's a lock to beat "Avengers 2" with that said it has a Summer release unlike BatsVSupes and way more characters so we will see what happens. I thnk the goal for C.W. is obviously over a Billion.

Last edited:

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I just saw BVS and that movie was complete trash. How the hell can anybody objectively like this movie unless the only thing you care about are the action sequences. Affleck was the only good thing about this film; without him, the film would probably have a 0 on rotten tomatoes. The plot is all over the place and the dream sequences were pointless.

Hopefully Suicide Squad lives up to the hype and I'm pretty confident the Batfleck film will at least be decent. I should have trusted rotten tomatoes on BVS

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
There's only been five Comic Book movies in history to cross 1 Billion and people act like it happens all the time. Marvel only has 3 and DC already had 2 with the last films of the Dark Knight Trilogy. Also why do people love to bring up "Deadpool" like it didn't Body the MCU as well? There's only 3 MCU films that have grossed more than "Deadpool", so it outperformed 9 of their films domestic and globally.

Yes Marvel is still getting a cut but it's not in the MCU. Comic Movies crossing a Billion at the global box office doesn't happen that much and it takes the right characterisics for it to happen. "Iron Man 3" did it because it was coming off 2 "Iron Man" movies and "The Avengers". Of course both "Avengers" did it but "Avengers 2" dipped in Box Office but still cross a Billi.

The last two Batman's did it because "TDK" was in instant Classic and "Rises" was highly anticipated. Now this film had everything going for it as far as brand reconigtion. It was still a rebooted Batman and a Superman people are still getting to know (Reeves still have the crown to most) the March release date to me limited it's box office because Kids are still in school. It looks like it's going to tap out just short of 1 Billion but it will gross over 900 Million making it #6 globally behind Avengers 1 +2, IM3, TDK and TDKR.

So there could be an argument that quailty might of hurt it but this wasn't a lock for 1.3-1.5 Billion with the March release . Every comic book Billion Dollar Grosser opened in May and June. I think the ceiling was 1.1-1.2. Now Civil War (Avengers 2.5) has a lot going for it but techinically the "Captain America" films only do decent. "Winter Solider" did improve worldiwide big time. They are hoping Iron Man and Spidey give this film a nice bump and it probably will. But I don't think it's a lock to beat "Avengers 2" with that said it has a Summer release unlike BatsVSupes and way more characters so we will see what happens. I thnk the goal for C.W. is obviously over a Billion.
:blessed:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The blu Ray release will help I don't think they should do the re release at movies and just focus on blu ray release and put out how much extras behind the scenes and the true version is on blu ray it will sell itself
Disc bring in a lot of revenue too and don't forget the digital release too
DC in the backrooms brainstorming for any possible route to a billion :wow: months ago everyone thought it was a forgone conclusion but now its battling with Zootopia, The Boss ( :mjlol: ) and The Jungle Book for relevance :wow:

yep the bitterness from Bvs will affect the DC stans view of civil war. they'll try as hard as they can to pretend they are being objective on here but they will slip up and let out their biases. with that being an example. they NEED marvel to fail because they are tired of getting shyt on :mjlol:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

its alot easier to get to 1 billion now a days. being that DC had the two most recognizable properties in comic book lore the expectations in many places were 1 billion plus easily. to crawl to a billion is an embarrassment and just a sign of the quality of the film, hence the massive opening week followed by the waterfall drop off in numbers to the point where its battling classics films like The Boss

A completely unknown character like deadpool doing more than the two most recognizable super heroes in the comic game is a sign of DCs failure to make a good movie, it actually has nothing to do with marvel, the only people bringing up marvel in that argument are the pro DC / anti-marvel people

and on the point of it being released in march, it was done on purpose by DC. you cant use that as a defense when they did it on purpose, they moved it from May to march to try and have as little competition as possible. it showed in the first week, but the product was so poor that it has no legs to continue to take advantage of the weak competition.

if you have batman and superman under your control and you release them both in the same movie you arent popping bottles of champagne because you are at 850 million right now. you were supposed to be setting the trend with BvS not being another in the group. they know they dropped the ball with this one

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
its alot easier to get to 1 billion now a days. being that DC had the two most recognizable properties in comic book lore the expectations in many places were 1 billion plus easily. to crawl to a billion is an embarrassment and just a sign of the quality of the film, hence the massive opening week followed by the waterfall drop off in numbers to the point where its battling classics films like The Boss

A completely unknown character like deadpool doing more than the two most recognizable super heroes in the comic game is a sign of DCs failure to make a good movie, it actually has nothing to do with marvel, the only people bringing up marvel in that argument are the pro DC / anti-marvel people

and on the point of it being released in march, it was done on purpose by DC. you cant use that as a defense when they did it on purpose, they moved it from May to march to try and have as little competition as possible. it showed in the first week, but the product was so poor that it has no legs to continue to take advantage of the weak competition.

if you have batman and superman under your control and you release them both in the same movie you arent popping bottles of champagne because you are at 850 million right now. you were supposed to be setting the trend with BvS not being another in the group. they know they dropped the ball with this one
the absurdity of this statement completely negates everything you type after

1 yaself b*tch