Batman V Superman is the 4th BIGGEST movie opening EVER ahead of EVERY COMIC movie!

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
these guys really trying to convince us WB jumpin out the window with this one

all cause they on pace for 900 milly :mjlol: yeah im sure they are pleased, thats why they are considering firing the director of their "financial success" :mjlol:

they really doing backflips over the hundreds of millions they left on the table thats why Snyder may get his walking papers after the success that was BvS :laff:

This video basically ethers this entire thread once and for all.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm stating a fact breh, I'm not saying the press is out to get DC at all but I get why you want me to say that.

(Omar) It's all in the game yo (/)
Are you? They said they had a source negating pure speculation. And the article says the reshoots are because of the positive reaction to the jokes in the SS trailer nothing to do with Bats V Supes, so no need to call bullshyt there either.

Stop playing games yo . . .

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
700 Million in two weeks and has officially surpassed "Man of Steel" at the Box Office. 2 films in it seems people want to say DC is going backwards when they have gross more worldwide after 2 films than Marvel Cinematic Universe did (Iron Man and Hulk first 2 films). "Suicide Squad" and "Wonder Woman" will put DC back in the solo movie terrority, we will see how those do. The goal for both should be to try to pass 500 Million WW if possible. I think people Box Office projections about (1.5 Billion) are way wrong because neither Henry nor Ben are established in either of the characters. Yes Henry had "MOS" but that was 3 years ago coming off "Superman Returns" which was badly recieved. Again as far as criticsm, it's honeslty a Zack Synder thing.

In my opinion review wise "MOS" is about 75% and "Bats V Supes" is about 70% if were going to honest. Meaning both aren't mindblowing but not terrible by any means. Not 50% and 29%, seems like a critical pile on. Looking at the numbers now "BatsVSupes" is only going to be behind "The Dark Knight" and "Rises" in DC comic adaptations and even adjusted for Inflation it could still be in the Top 6 or 5. Was it smooth sailing? Clearly no as a lot of demand was burn off the first week. But it's far from the disaster being painted in the media.

Considering they are coming off a Supes Reboot and had to reboot Batman after Bale when Ben was coming off a terrible "Dare Devil" film as his last superhero role, I think the numbers are solid. People saying "It should of done Star Wars or Jurassic Park" numbers are wrong. Yes all three franchises have generational fans but with "Star Wars and Jurassic Park" people specifically came to those franchise through film. Where as BatsVSupes came from comics. I'd argue if the film was a masterpiece maybe 2-300 Milli was left on the table but this film was not breaking the Big Dogs records espeically with a March release.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
700 Million in two weeks and has officially surpassed "Man of Steel" at the Box Office. 2 films in it seems people want to say DC is going backwards when they have gross more worldwide after 2 films than Marvel Cinematic Universe did (Iron Man and Hulk first 2 films). "Suicide Squad" and "Wonder Woman" will put DC back in the solo movie terrority, we will see how those do. The goal for both should be to try to pass 500 Million WW if possible. I think people Box Office projections about (1.5 Billion) are way wrong because neither Henry nor Ben are established in either of the characters. Yes Henry had "MOS" but that was 3 years ago coming off "Superman Returns" which was badly recieved. Again as far as criticsm, it's honeslty a Zack Synder thing.

In my opinion review wise "MOS" is about 75% and "Bats V Supes" is about 70% if were going to honest. Meaning both aren't mindblowing but not terrible by any means. Not 50% and 29%, seems like a critical pile on. Looking at the numbers now "BatsVSupes" is only going to be behind "The Dark Knight" and "Rises" in DC comic adaptations and even adjusted for Inflation it could still be in the Top 6 or 5. Was it smooth sailing? Clearly no as a lot of demand was burn off the first week. But it's far from the disaster being painted in the media.

Considering they are coming off a Supes Reboot and had to reboot Batman after Bale when Ben was coming off a terrible "Dare Devil" film as his last superhero role, I think the numbers are solid. People saying "It should of done Star Wars or Jurassic Park" numbers are wrong. Yes all three franchises have generational fans but with "Star Wars and Jurassic Park" people specifically came to those franchise through film. Where as BatsVSupes came from comics. I'd argue if the film was a masterpiece maybe 2-300 Milli was left on the table but this film was not breaking the Big Dogs records espeically with a March release.
Batman has been in film hardbody since jack nick. Superman since donner. WW is an icon and easily recognizable by people familiar with her or not. There is no excuse for it to be charting to do less than avengers, AOU, IM3, etc.

It was given a march release specifically to break records since there is no competition out. If the movie wasn't ass it would have done 1.3 billy off top. They left hundreds of millions on the table because they can't write or direct. The excuses being made for a film starring arguably the two most iconic characters in American comic history are getting ridiculous.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Batman has been in film hardbody since jack nick. Superman since donner. WW is an icon and easily recognizable by people familiar with her or not. There is no excuse for it to be charting to do less than avengers, AOU, IM3, etc.

It was given a march release specifically to break records since there is no competition out. If the movie wasn't ass it would have done 1.3 billy off top. They left hundreds of millions on the table because they can't write or direct. The excuses being made for a film starring arguably the two most iconic characters in American comic history are getting ridiculous.

For a reboot, you expect it to be the highest gross box office smash ever???? The only true established character recognizable worldwide is Batman. Less be real here. Outside of the United States, hardly anyone knows much about Wonder Woman. In fact, hardly people who are casual American fans know little outside the old 70's TV show which is forty YEARS ago. Superman is stuck in the middle between a generation conditioned to the Donner films 30 years plus back and those who know of him in the comics and the 90's cartoons which they themselves are 20 years back. This is a reintroduction of ALL of these characters in the most unconventional ways. Meanwhile, Marvel been doing this for eight years consistently. Their brand is established... they're INTERNATIONALLY known everywhere. As of today, Iron Man and Captain America, WORLDWIDE are more recognizable and more popular. Even more popular than the Spider-Man to which used to be equally iconic as Batman and Superman. You cannot use that excuse that, because they're iconic status equates to the popularity when only one character dominated cinema like that. Just one.

And with all that said, it still outgrossed the vast majority of EVERY MCU film out with the exception of the two Avengers films and IM3. Chew on that. And this is within just TWO films in the DCEU out of like TWELVE...OUT OF TWELVE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE FILMS... BvS has outgrossed every single one except for just three films. And two of those films were Avengers films.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Are you? They said they had a source negating pure speculation. And the article says the reshoots are because of the positive reaction to the jokes in the SS trailer nothing to do with Bats V Supes, so no need to call bullshyt there either.

Stop playing games yo . . .

Breh..you just mostly agreed with my initial post that the reshoots were not related to BvS reviews..I don't even know how to respond to this.

I agree with you agreeing with me?

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
For a reboot, you expect it to be the highest gross box office smash ever???? The only true established character recognizable worldwide is Batman. Less be real here. Outside of the United States, hardly anyone knows much about Wonder Woman. In fact, hardly people who are casual American fans know little outside the old 70's TV show which is forty YEARS ago. Superman is stuck in the middle between a generation conditioned to the Donner films 30 years plus back and those who know of him in the comics and the 90's cartoons which they themselves are 20 years back. This is a reintroduction of ALL of these characters in the most unconventional ways. Meanwhile, Marvel been doing this for eight years consistently. Their brand is established... they're INTERNATIONALLY known everywhere. As of today, Iron Man and Captain America, WORLDWIDE are more recognizable and more popular. Even more popular than the Spider-Man to which used to be equally iconic as Batman and Superman. You cannot use that excuse that, because they're iconic status equates to the popularity when only one character dominated cinema like that. Just one.

And with all that said, it still outgrossed the vast majority of EVERY MCU film out with the exception of the two Avengers films and IM3. Chew on that. And this is within just TWO films in the DCEU out of like TWELVE...OUT OF TWELVE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE FILMS... BvS has outgrossed every single one except for just three films. And two of those films were Avengers films.
You contradicted yourself in the second paragraph. Hmm why did it do better than all of them? :jbhmm: because everyone was waiting for their favorite heroes they already know. Even with wonder woman being off tv she is still having paraphernalia made. My girl has a Wonder Woman shirt from that's 5+ years old. Try and find me some old ant man shirts. IT WAS SUPPOSED to do better than all those films, these are the most recognizable figures in print, both domestically and world wide.

Your opinion is null and void you've already been exposed in this thread from past posts talking about the hype it had leading up to this.

You can't have it both ways, y'all were arguing they didn't need to follow marvels formula because the characters were already well known now you're saying the only reason it isn't tops is because they aren't really popping like that now a days.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Superman returns made 309 mill on a 204 mill budget

Men of steel made 668 mill on 225 mill budget

It's not like Superman is some friggin cash cow, the character is boring to many

Batman begins made 374 mill on a 150 mill budget

Yes the dark knight and dark knight rises grossed over a billion each but let's slow down brehs

700 mill in ten days folks acting like this is a John Carter type bomb

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Breh..you just mostly agreed with my initial post that the reshoots were not related to BvS reviews..I don't even know how to respond to this.

I agree with you agreeing with me?

You called that argument bullshyt why tho? No one was even talking about it? Including the article posted.

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Superman returns made 309 mill on a 204 mill budget

Men of steel made 668 mill on 225 mill budget

It's not like Superman is some friggin cash cow, the character is boring to many

Batman begins made 374 mill on a 150 mill budget

Yes the dark knight and dark knight rises grossed over a billion each but let's slow down brehs

700 mill in ten days folks acting like this is a John Carter type bomb
They mad that's all. Pretty simple.