Batman V Superman is the 4th BIGGEST movie opening EVER ahead of EVERY COMIC movie!

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
And youre confusing your personal feelings with reality. The FF franchise is beloved and a worldwide phenomenom.

Everybody I grew I up with can quote most of the first film verbatim.

Its a classic action franchise. The numbers and reviews back that up. Other than the 3rd which didnt have the main stars every film has grossed more than the last.

Its earned its place in film history as one of the biggest franchises of all time with the 7th film about to pass avengers as the 3rd highest grossing film of all time.

A generation of people grew up with these films and love them. Calling them a flash in the pan is a gross misunderstanding of its fan base, which is massive.

As far as DC, MOS is the first film in the dcu and it made more than all of the first phase of mcu films barring avengers of course.

Bvs will do over a billion no question about it.

:lupe: @ the bolded

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
The fukkery
b61d40df2d5d69ce90d7454747e55119.png

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Damn
This like some opposite dozens shyt :deadmanny:
This shyt pathetic now

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
@wire28 How you gonna skip over this gem from that furious 7 thread :wtf:

Superman returns made like half that. Mostly because younger people didnt want to see that dorner bullshyt again and find superman to be a boring character.

But then that trailer dropped for MOS :wow:

I HATED supes as a character but it even made me see it. Movie was aight, 7/10 for me.

BVS good or bad will make a billion. But if they nail it, it has a real shot at that 1.5 billion mark.

If the movie sucks though dcu will never happen like they want it.

We'll see how it plays out.

Looks like they didn't "nail it" then unless you cough up $600M:ooh:

"No one expected the second DCEU movie to do a billion" - states 1 billion as it's baseline projection total :mjpls:

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
@wire28 How you gonna skip over this gem from that furious 7 thread :wtf:

Looks like they didn't "nail it" then unless you cough up $600M:ooh:

"No one expected the second DCEU movie to do a billion" - states 1 billion as it's baseline projection total :mjpls:
theres no reasoning with delusional marvel stans

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
I just read SS is reshooting to try to add humor into the movie since the bad reviews for bvs. So it looks like wb isn't too thrilled so far....

Suicide Squad facing reshoots following bad Batman V Superman reviews

Damn I didn't know deadpool raked in that much. Amazing since it's a rated R movie too.

Just saying not on either side but yeah everyone knows superman and batman. From old grandmas to toddlers to basically the entire world. They're icons of comic history. It's laughable to compare any marvel characters notoriety to them.

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I just read SS is reshooting to try to add humor into the movie since the bad reviews for bvs. So it looks like wb isn't too thrilled so far....

Suicide Squad facing reshoots following bad Batman V Superman reviews

Damn I didn't know deadpool raked in that much. Amazing since it's a rated R movie too.

Just saying not on either side but yeah everyone knows superman and batman. From old grandmas to toddlers to basically the entire world. They're icons of comic history. It's laughable to compare any marvel characters notoriety to them.
that's pretty shytty... you can tell DC don't know what the fukk they are doing

i'm looking forward to the contrast.. one being dark and serious comic... the other's just blowing up shyt and cracking jokes

now it's looking like DC is just on some "lets just do what marvel is doing" not even giving themselves a chance to build their own niche :stopitslime:

from your article

The second weekend of Batman v Superman did drop sharply, 69%, from weekend one to weekend two, but is expected by analysts to keep the #1 slot for its third weekend. Still, it was the sharpest drop for any modern comic book movie, and means that the $1 billion mark is most likely out of reach. :huhldup:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Those Suicide Squad reshoots were already planned since December, the reasoning for it is pure speculation and the argument that it's as a reaction to BvS is bullshyt.
to keep the thread moving... execs may have seen prints on BvS and had meetings about tone issues before even seeing critical reactions. these are the same people who will slice a movie to pieces of one test audience doesn't like some things.