Batman V Superman is the 4th BIGGEST movie opening EVER ahead of EVERY COMIC movie!

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
these guys really trying to convince us WB jumpin out the window with this one

all cause they on pace for 900 milly :mjlol: yeah im sure they are pleased, thats why they are considering firing the director of their "financial success" :mjlol:

they really doing backflips over the hundreds of millions they left on the table thats why Snyder may get his walking papers after the success that was BvS :laff:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Star Wars.... you coming expectations to STAR WARS... I'm done. You continue to troll. Sad pathetic life you have.
no, i'm not saying it should have made 2 billion.

we never thought we would get episode 7... let alone episode 7 with the original cast. it was like finding a rainbow unicorn, it was something we never thought we would see.

but with a different approach, the batman and superman movie, aka WORLDS FINEST movie.... should have been a never before seen film event and it should have made more.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I have no dog in this fight, I haven't even seen the movie yet. Having said that...

1. I haven't really read comics since the 90's but back then nobody gave a fukk about The Avengers. They were above shyt like Alpha Flight, but well below anything mainstream like X-Men. Or Batman and Superman. Which brings me to my next point....

If you would've told me 20 years ago that an Avengers movie would be doing anywhere near a movie with Batman and Superman I would've laughed in your face.

There is no way in hell any....let me say that again, ANY MCU movie should be doing more or even comparable to either a Batman or a Superman movie. A movie with both should be blowing every MCU movie out of the water, easily.

There's a reason Marvel still had the rights to make these movies, nobody cared to own them.

So you can say this is a flop, or Marvel pulled off a miracle by making people that aren't die hard comic fans give a fukk about Ironman and Thor. Or maybe a combination of the two.

2. A full year ago I told people to stop using the "Furious" series to shyt on the MCU....because if this movie didn't surpass "Furious 7", there'd be no end to the clowning. And now here we are.

Fred.

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Wait... a character that's been around at the same time as Batman and Superman, backed by the current dominating movie franchise.... and you admitting that it is a less popular character? That Marvel is incapable to prop their oldest superhero to billion dollar status.. that's only reserve to Iron Man? Is that what you saying? Okay. Captain America is a WEAK character that doesn't deserve making big money. According to your logic.
do you guys see this guy trying to compare captain americas status in american history to superman AND batman :russ:
holy shyt the dedication :wow: i may just have to call some of my connects at Warner and tell them to give you a job offer

CA is a relatively obscure character who thanks to good writing and direction was able to earn 700 million

batman and superman are two great american icons, who thanks to shytty writing and direction, will underperform greatly

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
2. A full year ago I told people to stop using the "Furious" series to shyt on the MCU....because if this movie didn't surpass "Furious 7", there'd be no end to the clowning. And now here we are.

Fred.
they didnt listen to you tho :wow:

chickens coming home to roost never did make me sad; they always made me glad :ahh:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
@wire28
@Kill Dat Noize

Just peep this first page

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-dccu-takeover-is-just-a-year-away.313277/ :sas1:

A different song was being sung before the numbers came in a year later :sas2:

:pachaha:

MoS didn't come out the same year as Guardians of the Galaxy. By that logic, MoS made more than the 1st Captain America. And again, as I already stated, it's looking that Marvel PEAKED last year. If the trending consensus with Age of Ultron is what it appears which is that it's disappointing to a degree and being that the hype for Ant-Man is undewhelming... The possibility of the SHIFT come next year is very likely. Batman v. Superman ALONE is one of the biggest hype up films SINCE the 1st Avengers due to the mere fact it'll be two of the most iconic superheros clashing together 1st time on screen. Then Suicide Squad is buzzing to be that NEXT Guardians of the Galaxy with one of the most iconic comic book villains coming forth. Another film with Iron Man and Captain America is dope, and will make money, but the vibe coming at Marvel is that of over-saturation. UNLESS Civil War is MIND-BLOWING and it very well could be... I cannot see anything stopping this forth coming probability I see. Especially with the next film following that being the Justice League.

Also, I was saying the cinematic Universe. AoS is just one television show and truthfully the best is Daredevil which came and went, hopefully the other Netflix ones come quick. But The ratings for The Flash equals that to AoS and that show is on a smaller televised medium and not a major like AoS... and GOTHAM is the highest viewed comic book show over all. Plus, they're expanding more whereas ABC is merely replacing one show with another.

what he meant to say was, :whoa:"this is only the 2nd film in the DCEU so everyone should simmer their expectations"

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
more gems in this one fellahs

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-...ng-a-bigger-hit-than-avengers-2.321279/page-2

Either way a thrown together "make shyt up as you go" franchise is making the same money worldwide as a studio with 70 years of source material to play with. The producers of the Fast franchise are geniuses so no need to minimize that. :manny:

So will this thread be made again if batman and friends doesn't crush FF7?

It made over a billion in under a month and already out grossed it domestically. Yall need to get back to the drawing board.

:russ: now he backpeddling like a mutha fukka!

edit:

nastradamus :ahh:

Oh ok.

So if a Marvel stan makes a thread listing the hundreds of action movies the MCU made more money than since 2008....you'll be in there talking about it's a great thread right? Because that's the kind of doors being opened with the faulty ass logic on display here.

Marvel stans at their worst generally stick to comic movie comparisons.....Marvel vs DC, occasionally they'll branch out to a non-MCU movie. But that's their formula.

We can sit here and pretend "action" is a monolithic genre, with no sub-genres or diversity if you want to....but you're fukking DC in the ass, because now not only does "Batman V Superman" have to outperform the entire MCU, it also has to do more than "Furious 7".

You guys sure you don't want this thread to die quietly?

Fred.

he tried to warn them mutha fukkas!! :deadrose:

edit 2:

Furious 7 now within 18 million of the first avengers :lupe:

Just hit 1.5 billion :wow:

If they released it in 3d it would have passed it already

start doin them mathematics for BvS yet? :mjlol: the ether in that thread is serious :wow:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
:wow: caught in his own web of lies :wow: brehs we gonna be stunting on these nikkas til may 6, then after that we gonna stunt mo harder
superman and batman are two fav characters though

why snyder, why :mjcry:

thank you disney for keeping hope alive:mjcry:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I have no dog in this fight, I haven't even seen the movie yet. Having said that...

1. I haven't really read comics since the 90's but back then nobody gave a fukk about The Avengers. They were above shyt like Alpha Flight, but well below anything mainstream like X-Men. Or Batman and Superman. Which brings me to my next point....

If you would've told me 20 years ago that an Avengers movie would be doing anywhere near a movie with Batman and Superman I would've laughed in your face.

There is no way in hell any....let me say that again, ANY MCU movie should be doing more or even comparable to either a Batman or a Superman movie. A movie with both should be blowing every MCU movie out of the water, easily.

There's a reason Marvel still had the rights to make these movies, nobody cared to own them.

So you can say this is a flop, or Marvel pulled off a miracle by making people that aren't die hard comic fans give a fukk about Ironman and Thor. Or maybe a combination of the two.

Fred.
Basically this. BvS isn't a flop and I liked the movie, but this is definitely a disappointment.

Disney casting RDJ for Ironman will go down as maybe the greatest decision a studio has ever made.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Basically this. BvS isn't a flop and I liked the movie, but this is definitely a disappointment.

Disney casting RDJ for Ironman will go down as maybe the greatest decision a studio has ever made.

it's because you believe he IS tony stark.

imagine what a casting like that for clark kent / bruce wayne could do. someone that just EMBODIES the character.