Batman V Superman is the 4th BIGGEST movie opening EVER ahead of EVERY COMIC movie!

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Yo Yo Ma
@gluvnast
@Prodigal Syndicate
before the release did any of you guys project this movie doing a under a billion?:ld:

I never said it it'll make a billion nor care if it does or doesn't but I believe 900M was where it'll be at. I never heard such nonsense about if it doesn't make a billion that it's a flop. But I will support any success it makes because it shuts down any presumption of no DCEU. Reaching 700M within little over a week and already surpassing the entirety of MoS's theatrical run points to already a huge success. Whether it makes it to a billion or not is meaningless except for it being another milestone if it happens and that could take within month or within several months. Movies like Skyfall and Frozen took MONTHS UPON MONTHS to cross that billion threashold. So if it happens it happens... but at this rate it'll definitely reach my projected prediction. But true fans would not care one way or another with the only exception of its success would make more films to follow.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
It will top out at $850-$950 million. Which isn't too bad since WB will either break even or make a small profit. The rest of the profit will come from home video release.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I never said it it'll make a billion nor care if it does or doesn't but I believe 900M was where it'll be at. I never heard such nonsense about if it doesn't make a billion that it's a flop. But I will support any success it makes because it shuts down any presumption of no DCEU. Reaching 700M within little over a week and already surpassing the entirety of MoS's theatrical run points to already a huge success. Whether it makes it to a billion or not is meaningless except for it being another milestone if it happens and that could take within month or within several months. Movies like Skyfall and Frozen took MONTHS UPON MONTHS to cross that billion threashold. So if it happens it happens... but at this rate it'll definitely reach my projected prediction. But true fans would not care one way or another with the only exception of its success would make more films to follow.

it will gross less than dark knight, dark knight rises, iron man 3, avengers 2, and domestically maybe less than deadpool.

was this NOT a bigger film event than all of those? did any of those movies break the internet so many times like this one did? when they first announced this movie it was one of the biggest stories out there. how does this become the lowest grossing batman movie since 2005?

you don't think they left money on the table? :ld:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
This film is on the heels of Harry Potter Deathly Hallows part 2, a film that made 1.2 billion worldwide, but somehow BvS is only going to get 800 million worldwide :dwillhuh:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it will gross less than dark knight, dark knight rises, iron man 3, avengers 2, and domestically maybe less than deadpool.

was this NOT a bigger film event than all of those? did any of those movies break the internet so many times like this one did? when they first announced this movie it was one of the biggest stories out there. how does this become the lowest grossing batman movie since 2005?

Again... who cares if it grosses less than TDK, TDKR, or IM3 & Avengers? the vast majority of ALL films aren't going to gross that much in general and reaching the billion mark isn't something that is common to do. It is still a rare feat.

Lastly, where is this talk about so-called "bigger film"? That's nonsense spewing. It was marketing and hyped as a BIG FILM by itself, but not in any comparison to any other film. In fact, it is a new film creating an entirely new universe and it succeeded in doing do in an immediate short time. Even WB was projecting its 1st weekend gross to be around 140M. If they weren't projecting it, why you assume it was even being projected to be the biggest film grossing ever? Even Batman Begins started off low. Iron Man started off low. Captain America, both one and Winter Soldier were lower than BvS.... but none of that matters.

BvS was only expected to do better than MoS which it DID.... all that other talk is just talk.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Again... who cares if it grosses less than TDK, TDKR, or IM3 & Avengers? the vast majority of ALL films aren't going to gross that much in general and reaching the billion mark isn't something that is common to do. It is still a rare feat.

if michael jordan, magic johnson and larry bird decided to play for the same team would you expect them to win the championship?

if they got booted in the conference finals, would you be saying "hey it's not easy getting to the conference finals"?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

i just gotta give up man these guys just are too stubborn, i guess salute to their consistency though. never thought id see the day where a movie with batman AND superman in it would be downplayed so massively :mjlol: there was so much hype surrounding this and now its struggle limping to a billion if that. a movie with batman and fukkin superman. they can downplay it all they want but reality is reality

if michael jordan, magic johnson and larry bird decided to play for the same team would you expect them to win the championship?

if they got booted in the conference finals, would you be saying "hey it's not easy getting to the conference finals"?
true thats basically what this is :heh: these are the most recognizable and iconic figures in american comic history. nikkas 6 years old know who they are and nikkas 60 years old know who they are. this was THE event. they fukked up and are missing out on profits. nikkas just refuse to admit it though :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
i just gotta give up man these guys just are too stubborn, i guess salute to their consistency though. never thought id see the day where a movie with batman AND superman in it would be downplayed so massively :mjlol: there was so much hype surrounding this and now its struggle limping to a billion if that. a movie with batman and fukkin superman. they can downplay it all they want but reality is reality

the hoops they will have to jump through when/if civil war grosses more...

the reaching and excuse making will be legendary

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Lastly, where is this talk about so-called "bigger film"? That's nonsense spewing. It was marketing and hyped as a BIG FILM by itself, but not in any comparison to any other film. In fact, it is a new film creating an entirely new universe and it succeeded in doing do in an immediate short time. Even WB was projecting its 1st weekend gross to be around 140M. If they weren't projecting it, why you assume it was even being projected to be the biggest film grossing ever? Even Batman Begins started off low. Iron Man started off low. Captain America, both one and Winter Soldier were lower than BvS.... but none of that matters.

BvS was only expected to do better than MoS which it DID.... all that other talk is just talk.
These nikkas is hurt lol who was saying anything about a billion except them after failing out the gate about how the movie was going bomb and all that other nonsense..every prediction they said failed and it was constant goal post shifting..now its if its not 1.5 bil its a failure...I think wb/dc will take 900mil over critics props any day..

Daps
Reppin
NYC
@gluvnast

tell me this, if BVS is excused from reaching a billion because it's such a rare feat... tell me why do you think those other films WERE able to reach a billion?

give me a good reason why iron man 3 and avengers 2 could make over a billion but BVS can't.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
fukk them worldwide numbers you don't hit 400 to 450 million domestic, deadpool numbers im partying

Money is money no matter where it come from and the Marvel stans are quick to forget that they couldn't keep out of the BvS threads. Nobody was shytting on Iron Man 3 again until the Marvel stans tried to come in those threads with their bs :mjlol: