Batman V Superman is the 4th BIGGEST movie opening EVER ahead of EVERY COMIC movie!

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
okay so why did avengers make so much money?

give me one good reason why marvel's superhero movies can make over a billion but dc's biggest superhero movie EVER featuring the two biggest properties EVER couldn't.
I'll just a thought like this was directed towards me.

I would say, Superman isn't as big as a draw as some would believe. MOS was a mixed bag for many and I dont think the casuals were anticipating a sequel as much as we might of thought.

Batman being rebooted is iffy too, especially all the love people had for Bale and Nolan. Those films were just so popular, I think people were hesitant for Battfleck and a new take.

The bad reviews might have been the final nail, and basically reinforced what maybe a lot of people feared that this was a rushed entry and underwhelming.

Just was too soon for this movie. I feared it was rushed in the main thread and got ridiculed a bit but I came around after the first trailer. I thought it would be great.

Should it be one of the highest grossing films ever? Not necessarily. But it seems like it could've been if handled right.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
To @wire28 "point" about everyone knows these heroes and they didn't need to do origins, that's absolutely true. Batman affords DC the luxury of not having to retell his story. Wonder Woman is getting an origin, so I'm not even sure where he's trying to go with that
so why is there a need for there to be 15 movies before they start living up to expectations :jbhmm: these are the most iconic characters in american history. a grand mother and grand daughter can literally recognize all three of those characters off rip and DC put 3 of them all in the same movie and now all of a sudden the suits at WB are high fiving each other because they may do IM3 numbers ?:mjlol: :laff:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't understand this whole "multiple sequels deep so of course it made more money" angle.

Harry Potter was huge because it was the 2-part series finale.

The MCU billion dollar film was the first Avengers movie.

Do other franchises really make more money as they go?

Yes, look at Star Wars TFA. Look at the Twilight movies. Look at Terminator 2. Most franchises are going to make more with their sequels.. The Dark Knight made infinitely more than Batman Begins.

And no this isn't the "7th Batman" movie in the franchise.. everyone knows that this is a new Batman and a new universe. Nobody thinks this was a Nolan sequel. What's wrong with you two? :mjlol:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Just was too soon for this movie. I feared it was rushed in the main thread and got ridiculed a bit but I came around after the first trailer. I thought it would be great.
dont even get me started on that. nikkas would go at you for days for suggesting that it MAY be rushing things :mjlol: they were stanning out the ass back in those days. now they out here defending emails to set up the JL and shoehorned flash cameos :mjlol:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
dont even get me started on that. nikkas would go at you for days for suggesting that it MAY be rushing things :mjlol: they were stanning out the ass back in those days. now they out here defending emails to set up the JL and shoehorned flash cameos :mjlol:
There were quite a few posters bashing anyone who doubted this movie would be classic but there were a lot of cats who were skeptical too. After the movie ended I was like fukk, I was right and got duped by the trailers. Gidzilla did that too. fukkers. :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'll just a thought like this was directed towards me.

I would say, Superman isn't as big as a draw as some would believe. MOS was a mixed bag for many and I dont think the casuals were anticipating a sequel as much as we might of thought.

Batman being rebooted is iffy too, especially all the love people had for Bale and Nolan. Those films were just so popular, I think people were hesitant for Battfleck and a new take.

The bad reviews might have been the final nail, and basically reinforced what maybe a lot of people feared that this was a rushed entry and underwhelming.

Should it be one of the highest grossing films ever? Not necessarily. But it seems like it could've been if handled right.
i'm sorry the post was only directed only at the delusional posters believe this to be a grand victory.

you're right though, i agree.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Remember when people were making threads because Fast 7 grossed more than Age of Ultron :shaq2:
thats why all this whining about trolling and stanning is hilarious. nikkas were making threads trying to shyt on AOU for making over a billy now nikkas crying about BvS getting (rightfully) shytted on :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
NYC

they don't need to build from the ground up, that's the marvel formula. they don't need to copy that, everyone already knows these superheroes.:duck:

nobody thought this would make a billion, the hype for this movie wasn't even that big:duck:

frankly i'm amazed star wars did the numbers it did, it's not often a movie makes a billion dollars these days. i didn't see that coming either. :duck:

Rebel Soldier

He’s good
Daps
Reppin
Georgia
I feel like I'm in the twilight zone reading some of these posts :wtf:

There is nothing in these fanboy wars that won't be defended and deflected.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Same folks in here claiming it was gonna flop the first weekend now in here claiming its not hitting a billie. Movie is at 700 million already. Its a success. deal with it. It will easily make another 100 million domestically (which means it will easily surpass deadpools domestic total) over the next month and during the the course of its run. Add in the the foreign numbers it should have no issues hitting a billion.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
You keep asking questions to where I already provided answers. The MCU didn't have any movie hit a billion until it was like 6-7 films deep. Harry Potter DH2 was like the 8th or 9th film however many is in that series.

Nobody expected the 2nd DC movie to do more than a billion. Everyone said it would be right at a billion and it looks like that's where it will be. You are moving the goalposts and looking foolish in the process :mjlol:

If this movie were to do 1.3 billion or above only like 4-5 movies in history have ever done that.

That damage control :mjlol:

Before the movie came out it was:

"bu-bu-bu Batman and Superman are global icons, no build up is required like with Marvel charactes"
"This is the first movie with Batman and Superman in a film together, it will be historic"
"The last two Batman movies did over a billion with no 3D, this has 3D"
"Man of Steel was a hit!"
"China's now bigger"
"Wonder Woman'"

as to why the movie would make a billion as it's minimum and base

Now it's "Batman vs Superman was never meant to be big, it's just the second movie in DCEU :whoa: "

:laff:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
That damage control :mjlol:

Before the movie came out it was:

"bu-bu-bu Batman and Superman are global icons, no build up is required like with Marvel charactes"
"This is the first movie with Batman and Superman in a film together, it will be historic"
"The last two Batman movies did over a billion with no 3D, this has 3D"
"Man of Steel was a hit!"
"China's now bigger"
"Wonder Woman'"

as to why the movie would make a billion as it's minimum and base

Now it's "Batman vs Superman was never meant to be big, it's just the second movie in DCEU :whoa: "

:laff:
:hahapaul:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Same folks in here claiming it was gonna flop the first weekend now in here claiming its not hitting a billie. Movie is at 700 million already. Its a success. deal with it. It will easily make another 100 million domestically (which means it will easily surpass deadpools domestic total) over the next month and during the the course of its run. Add in the the foreign numbers it should have no issues hitting a billion.

Theatrically it will be a stretch, 300 more milly? It doesn't have any more markets to open up to since it was released everywhere simultaneously. It dropped from one week to week two 68%, expect that again next week if not more and then other big movies come out 4/15. By week 4 this will be earning less than 10 milly domestically.