Batman V Superman is the 4th BIGGEST movie opening EVER ahead of EVERY COMIC movie!

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
There's no spinning that Friday number. Should of least did 20 Million Friday and about 60-70 2nd Weekend. Looking at 50-55 but I do think a lot of demand was burned off from Previews. You take out the preview number and it did about 55 Friday last weekend instead of 81. Again there is no comp so it should be doing better. I think the weekdays was solid but I agree that's too big of drop but still not enough to hurt it from getting closer to 400 Million.

I think it has to gross that. I like James Wan but he's not an actor director, "Fast 7" was his only action movie. Lets see how he does with "Aquaman" first but he did do good with "Fast 7". I think they should go for George Miller since he was working on Justice League before. Some people are even say Ben should direct but I don't know since he's done nothing but dramas. People underestimate how hard it is to do action and make it believeable. Zack is hit or miss so I understand people wanting a change after 2 movies but I think he atleast does "Justice League" part 1. Remember we don't know if WB set him up with a 4 picture deal.
What about David Ayer?

I think Won would be good because the international audience just freaking loves fast&furious.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
all that sh*T you typed, but the post important part of your post boils down to 1 word.... MAY

we'll see Monday my dude
So if this movie's total gross doesn't match iron man 3... or even dark knight rises which didn't have 3D...

would you perceive that as a success or a disappointment.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
You don't remember when WB tried to position it on Civil War's date? :mjlol:

Plus when it was originally scheduled for 2015, the release date was July 17th.
they got shook. if they were truly confident (why wouldnt you be, you have superman and batman vs a bunch of C list heroes) they would have called Marvels bluff and let the audiences decide. they got scared and backed down though so we'll never know

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
So if this movie's total gross doesn't match iron man 3... or even dark knight rises which didn't have 3D...

well since AOU didnt beat J World or FF7 it was a disappointment by DC stan standards, so BvS has a lot of hurdles to climb if it wants to avoid being a financial disappointment :troll: it already is a critical one :wow:

The suits upstairs prolly sweatin bullets dont know whether to fire Snyder or give him the reigns for their next mega movie :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
People are corny for hating this film even before it dropped. Just shows how pathetic people can be.

we were hating on it because we suspected it would be terrible. a failure (or a failure by the studio's standards) would likely increase the chances of us getting a new creative team.

they don't realize what they have with these characters.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps

I mean it's a disappointment anyways because it's so polarizing. You can still like the films, like I do, and acknowledge they were disappointments.

If MoS was received better it would have made well over a billion

If BvS was received better it could have pushed Jur. World.

It is what it is. I give credit for Snyder and WB going big though. Everyone should give them credit for that. They could've gone for cookie cutter films like Marvel and Star Wars.

WB went big they hit 2 singles. The issue going forward is that they should absolutely not panic. WW, SS, and JL will NATURALLY have more humor b/c of the characters.

They can still keep the overall tone, add some smart comedy, not cheap one liners and dance offs, add eventually hit some home runs.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
I mean it's a disappointment anyways because it's so polarizing. You can still like the films, like I do, and acknowledge they were disappointments.

If MoS was received better it would have made well over a billion

If BvS was received better it could have pushed Jur. World.

It is what it is. I give credit for Snyder and WB going big though. Everyone should give them credit for that. They could've gone for cookie cutter films like Marvel and Star Wars.

WB went big they hit 2 singles. The issue going forward is that they should absolutely not panic. WW, SS, and JL will NATURALLY have more humor b/c of the characters.

They can still keep the overall tone, add some smart comedy, not cheap one liners and dance offs, add eventually hit some home runs.
I'm a huge DC fan and a fan of this film, all joking aside, I do think it's a disappointment that a film with not only DC'S most iconic characters but also the most iconic superheros of all time are not doing Avengers part 1 numbers.

But as long as we're still getting JL and the rest of the DCEU and this film makes between 700m to 1b then :yeshrug:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Batman v. Superman should be the highest grossing movie of the year. It's a massive property. I thought it was gonna be between Rogue 1(some morons will probably be pissed it's not a sequel), BvS, Civil War(what is this the 12th Marvel movie? plus Utron probably left a sour taste to some) but ultimately the idea of seeing Batman and Superman together was gonna push people to make that number 1... so i guess i was way off. No one involved with this movie is happy right now, stop lying to yourselves.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Batman v. Superman should be the highest grossing movie of the year. It's a massive property. I thought it was gonna be between Rogue 1(some morons will probably be pissed it's not a sequel), BvS, Civil War(what is this the 12th Marvel movie? plus Utron probably left a sour taste to some) but ultimately the idea of seeing Batman and Superman together was gonna push people to make that number 1... so i guess i was way off. No one involved with this movie is happy right now, stop lying to yourselves.
When we hear Vader breathing in that Rogue 1 trailer= instant billi

Daps
Reppin
NYC

i've asked this before. what's worse, a dumb movie that knows it is dumb or a dumb movie that poses around like it's smart.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
My exchange with a guy from SHH

Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins
"Sorry, I just don't see why.

Team-up movies with a 5 movie build-up with light tone =/= BvS, a movie having only 1 movie before it that got mixed reception having a dark tone.

Snyder =/= Nolan (or Whedon)

Just having Batman and Superman is no guarantee of 1 billion. (How many X-Men movies have made 1 billion ? I'm waiting for an answer )"

My response:
"I mean I kind of get what you're saying, because lets be honest the MCU would not be making the same numbers if they had literally any other actor playing Iron Man

RDJ casting may go down as one of the greatest business decisions ever.

But c'mon man. If these films were received better, MoS and BvS would have been pushing JW, Avengers, F&F. And I liked both movies but it just is what is."