Batman V Superman is the 4th BIGGEST movie opening EVER ahead of EVERY COMIC movie!

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
if you think the suits upstairs are happy with this youre fooling yourself. yes technically they'll be okay because they made money, but thats what this movie was supposed to do. they have the two most iconic characters in american comic history it is SUPPOSED to make more money than everybody else. they added batman to this movie, they added wonder woman, they moved it 2 months ahead of civil war so it had no competition, this was supposed to completely crush the buildings, to be just another successful comic book movie is an L. this was supposed to be THE comic book movie, not just another one. and contrary to DC stans beliefs, people wanted it to be good, why would people be waiting around to shyt on a film with batman in it

They didn't expect this to outgross Avengers or they wouldn't of put it in the month of March. It would of been a Summer release. They wanted to hold serve from "Dark Knight Rises" or do better. They also wanted to set up "Justice League" without doing the 1,000 solo movies that Marvel did and they did that. The reason they released it in March because there internals were already telling them it would do good but not earth shattering. They went with March so they could still get the headlines (Biggest March Opening Ever, Biggest Global Comic Book Movie Ever, Biggest March Monday Ever)

A Summer Release would likely not net any Box Office Records outside a few because Summer records are way harder to break. So honestly I believe there expectations were guarded because Batman and Superman were rebooted. Had Bale came back and these numbers happen I would agree with your point (Rumors are they offered Bale 50 Million but he said No) Again how can it be an "L" when it's the 2nd Film? And it's already putting up numbers with the highest grossing Marvel and DC movies of the past? Reguardless of it being the 2 Biggest heroes nobody knew Ben Affleck as Batman 2 years ago and Henry is a Brand New Superman when most people STILL considerer Reeves the definitive Superman in History till this day. As long as it does 1 Billion globally they will be fine with the hope "Justice League" increases.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
what people?

the critics?

:mjlol:

Industry experts. Deadline tends to be fairly accurate and has the movie facing a 69% drop-off this weekend, with some rival studios calculating it might even hit 71%. The fact that this might happen with the movie facing no competition whatsoever this weekend is pretty bad.

Batman v Superman” has seen its box office scores reduce on a daily basis through the week following its Saturday (March 26) peak of $22.3 million. With a host of new Chinese-language releases ahead of the local holiday — Tomb Sweeping Festival (Qingming) — that meant that exhibitors slashed the number of screens available to “Batman V Superman.”

:comeon:

Which means it'll be making less money at the Chinese box office, which is exactly what dude was stating.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
DC stans are hilarious. Instead of addressing the flaws in their fave films it's always "B-b-b-but Marvel!!!!" :sas2:

I mean I have then mentioning Marvel as long as they acknowledge DC did to Lex the same shyt Marvel did to Ultron/Mandarin:skip:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I have no dog in this race. I support both equally. Not really a superhero film fan like that.

It's just funny. AOU boomed at box office and had a lukewarm critical response. All I heard was "but but it made a lot of money", now BvS does the same thing and it's all about the critical response and not about the money it's making.
:martin: they arent the same. if AOU's critical response was lukewarm, BvS's response was complete shyt.

AOU also came out at the same time as other things such as the fight between mayweather and :deadmanny: which people had been waiting years to see. BvS literally has no competition, its main competition right now is a movie starring an animated rabbit. there is no reason for it not to be on pace to crush everything. you had nikkas making threads mocking AOU for not making more than J World and FF7, i can only assume the same threads will be made for BvS right? :jbhmm:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Batman v Superman” has seen its box office scores reduce on a daily basis through the week following its Saturday (March 26) peak of $22.3 million. With a host of new Chinese-language releases ahead of the local holiday — Tomb Sweeping Festival (Qingming) — that meant that exhibitors slashed the number of screens available to “Batman V Superman.”

:comeon:
Where'd you get this? Link?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
:martin: they arent the same. if AOU's critical response was lukewarm, BvS's response was complete shyt.

AOU also came out at the same time as other things such as the fight between mayweather and :deadmanny: which people had been waiting years to see. BvS literally has no competition, its main competition right now is a movie starring an animated rabbit. there is no reason for it not to be on pace to crush everything. you had nikkas making threads mocking AOU for not making more than J World and FF7, i can only assume the same threads will be made for BvS right? :jbhmm:
Perhaps BVS went over too many people's heads.

:jbhmm:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Movie is dropping by 70% damn near everywhere with barely any competition :mjlol:, Not really surprised it was flat, overlong and painful to sit through and gave you absolutely nothing back. What was honestly interesting enough in it to go back and rewatch?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
They didn't expect this to outgross Avengers or they wouldn't of put it in the month of March. It would of been a Summer release. They wanted to hold serve from "Dark Knight Rises" or do better. They also wanted to set up "Justice League" without doing the 1,000 solo movies that Marvel did and they did that. The reason they released it in March because there internals were already telling them it would do good but not earth shattering. They went with March so they could still get the headlines (Biggest March Opening Ever, Biggest Global Comic Book Movie Ever, Biggest March Monday Ever)

A Summer Release would likely not net any Box Office Records outside a few because Summer records are way harder to break. So honestly I believe there expectations were guarded because Batman and Superman were rebooted. Had Bale came back and these numbers happen I would agree with your point (Rumors are they offered Bale 50 Million but he said No) Again how can it be an "L" when it's the 2nd Film? And it's already putting up numbers with the highest grossing Marvel and DC movies of the past? Reguardless of it being the 2 Biggest heroes nobody knew Ben Affleck as Batman 2 years ago and Henry is a Brand New Superman when most people STILL considerer Reeves the definitive Superman in History till this day. As long as it does 1 Billion globally they will be fine with the hope "Justice League" increases.

True and well said!!! Not only did they not believe it was gonna out do Avengers but CW too.

That's probably why pushed this release from May 6 to March 25 :sas2:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

You don't remember when WB tried to position it on Civil War's date? :mjlol:

Plus when it was originally scheduled for 2015, the release date was July 17th.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Movie is dropping by 70% damn near everywhere with barely any competition :mjlol:, Not really surprised it was flat, overlong and painful to sit through and gave you absolutely nothing back. What was honestly interesting enough in it to go back and rewatch?
"But my theater clapped at all the right moments!":damn:

"McWeeny hasn't even seen the film!":damn:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Industry experts. Deadline tends to be fairly accurate and has the movie facing a 69% drop-off this weekend, with some rival studios calculating it might even hit 71%. The fact that this might happen with the movie facing no competition whatsoever this weekend is pretty bad.

Which means it'll be making less money at the Chinese box office, which is exactly what dude was stating.
I know but this gives a reason why the films in fourth place. Other Chinese originals opening on a holiday taking BvS out of a lot of theatres, it makes sense why it's fourth place.

Film will still make a billi worldwide :ehh:

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
well it's already been established by @Yo Yo Ma that audiences don't pay attention to the critics, okay.

it's also been established by @Yo Yo Ma that the general audience enjoyed the movie in spite of the critics, okay.

so please, @Yo Yo Ma explain to me why a film event of this magnitude... a movie featuring THEE two biggest superhero properties of all time... a movie seemingly everyone but the critics and coli marvel stans enjoyed... one facing absolutely no competition of any kind at the box office... may struggle to reach a billion dollars in an era where superhero movies are all the rage and even bond films can rake in a billion. a movie that had an opening weekend of damn near half a billi.

what happened????

?????

?????

:ufdup:
all that sh*T you typed, but the post important part of your post boils down to 1 word.... MAY

we'll see the WW #s Monday my dude