Batman V Superman is the 4th BIGGEST movie opening EVER ahead of EVERY COMIC movie!

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
Civil war is avenger lite or 2.5 I don't really like calling it a captain America movie. With that said it's gonna bring in a lot of money because of that.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
nah

cap merica had 2 chances to take the crown... it didn't.... what makes you think it will come close to BvS #s on its 3rd try?

hell even when you had ALL MARVEL characters in the avengers and avegners 2 it didn't see the opening week numbers of BvS

Again. All of those characters were and still are obscure when compared to batman and superman.

Civil War was following up the first cap movie which was ok at best (still made money) but it was critically acclaimed. It didn't feel like a super hero movie. Civil War will make way more because the Russo brothers have a proven track record. Spider-Man will also be in it and just like fans have been wanting a batman superman collabo for years, the same can be said about Spider-Man coming home to marvel. All of the characters have been more established. Black Panther is in it as well. This movie is gonna do big numbers.

BvS should've made over 200 mil. Critics shytted on it which kept people away. Even the people who liked it criticized more than usual parts.

I don't think Star Wars deserved the numbers they did but that franchise has a strong following so it was going to do numbers regardless. Jurassic World was an ok pop corn flick but it did big numbers because of the brand. So while BvS will do big numbers that's not saying much because of brand loyalty.

Take fantastic 4. That movie had horrible reviews AND low sales because there wasn't any brand loyalty. And that was a reboot which means the other movies didn't do well neither.

Marvel has taken obscure comic book characters and have built a brand. That's hard as fukk to do. DC fumbled with green lantern. Nolan basically reassurected DC with the dark knight trilogy. At the end of the day all I want is a coherent plot and them. DC could've built something similar to marvel but they're going about it wrong way. They trying to rush it and they will get away with it because of brand loyalty. It is what it is.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real talk, just wait till people actually get invested in these characters. This was basically the beginning of a franchise, but I wouldn't fault you if you felt MoS was the start of it.

With Suicide Squad on the horizon I believe the Universe that DC is building will be amazing and interesting on many levels.

The mistakes made in this movie can be fixed. This Superman can still be a compelling character and we got a glimpse of that in the brief capital explosion scene. I believe once JL kicks off we will see Batman take a more leadership role because he will ultimately be responsible for bring the JL together whether the outcome is good or bad. And I have no doubt he will have a well thought out contingency for each member because that narrative fits so well with this Batman.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Real talk, just wait till people actually get invested in these characters. This was basically the beginning of a franchise, but I wouldn't fault you if you felt MoS was the start of it.

With Suicide Squad on the horizon I believe the Universe that DC is building will be amazing and interesting on many levels.

The mistakes made in this movie can be fixed. This Superman can still be a compelling character and we got a glimpse of that in the brief capital explosion scene. I believe once JL kicks off we will see Batman take a more leadership role because he will ultimately be responsible for bring the JL together whether the outcome is good or bad. And I have no doubt he will have a well thought out contingency for each member because that narrative fits so well with this Batman.

Not many people are invested. DC makes movies where you go just for the action. In MOS because of how the superman was introduced I wasn't invested.

Marvel on the other hand too ant man and had you invested. :mindblown: ANT MAN for crying out loud.

I was more invested in TI's character than Lois Lane which speaks to the quality of the writing.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
More big movies need to come
Out in March and beginning April the money is there for the taking
Putting shyt in May till July if u ain't big time u gonna lose and even if ur big time u could make more in different months imo

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps

that wouldn't suit as batman is perennial loner and in the animated series and comics superman is the leader

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
that wouldn't suit as batman is perennial loner and in the animated series and comics superman is the leader
I wholeheartedly agree with you but I read a interview Snyder did recently where he said that was one of the reasons he killed Superman, so Batman could be the one to go and find the rest of the JL.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I wholeheartedly agree with you but I read a interview Snyder did recently where he said that was one of the reasons he killed Superman, so Batman could be the one to go and find the rest of the JL.
As he won't stay dead for long when he "returns" it's going to look kinda of funny having superman defer to a mortal, and ppl will say the only reason batman is in charge is because he's being played by Ben Affleck, which is true

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Nah breh, it's gon see a huge drop off once word of mouth gets out.

What's that? It made half a billion in four days? Ah, only because Batman and Superman are iconic characters and folks want to see them on the big screen together.

:sas2:
Once word of mouth gets out? It's almost been a week. Everyone knows the movie, like MoS, is polarizing. It still has proven it has legs.

Besides, as far as word of mouth goes, regular moviegoers aren't destroying this movie. I've talked to well over a dozen people; all but one person liked it. It's critics that are upset about the movie.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Marvel could put out a Howling Commandos movie and best DC:russ:
just slap that MARVEL on that hoe and zoom-a-zing-zoom-a-zoom-a-zaaaang!!!

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This isn't the animated series. This wasn't the Batman V Superman we got in the comics. Batman is NOT a loner, he actually has a very active social life as Bruce Wayne and has had a whole Bat Family to accompany him in crime fighting.

This is a Batman from a basically "What if..." storyline. And a brand new Superman that's insecure of himself.

Batman can very well be the leader of this Justice League because Batman understands his place in the World and the purpose of a Justice League.

In the animatied series Batman founded the Justice League, he funded the Justice League and you better believe Supes never made a significant decision without consulting Batman.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
This thread
Michael-Jordan-laughing.gif