Batman V Superman is the 4th BIGGEST movie opening EVER ahead of EVERY COMIC movie!

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
numbers this week dont suggest that though... Still breaking records oj Monday and Tuesday

does that infuriate you?

It's breaking March records. A month that literally has only slowly started to become relevant to the box office in the past couple years. The only reason it might not see a serious drop-off is because right now there's absolutely no competition whatsoever.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
It's breaking March records. A month that literally has only slowly started to become relevant to the box office in the past couple years. The only" reason it might not see a serious drop-off is because right now there's absolutely no competition whatsoever.
nope.....

"In comparison to other big comic book movies, Batman v. Superman's $15 million Monday topped both Iron Man 3 and Avengers: Age of Ultron, two summer releases, by $4 million and $2 million respectively."

:umad:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm glad Dawn of Justice had a successful opening but I'm not to invested in the financial success of it or Civil War. Unless you work for Warner Brothers or Disney you really have no stake in how much money it makes. Don't get me wrong I want them to be successful because that means we get more films but I don't know why Marvel and DC stans feel so proud when a movie does well.
How much a movie makes directly relates to how much the studio will invest for its upcoming sequels. Whether that's production values or actors or whatever. If you like a movie or a franchise you should care about how many people are willing to pay to see it.

Edit: actual comic book fans know this too well. If an issue you really liked didn't sell well they would cancel it and you were screwed. And you would buy multiple copies and editions of the same comic just to show them there was a demand for this storyline.

Last edited:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
i find it absolutely hilarious the usual marvel stan suspects have been no where near this thread since the monday #s dropped

not a 1

where you @TheGodling @jayshiggs @Ethnic Vagina Finder @thekidvoodoo @TMNT4000 @loyola llothta @Kill Dat Noize @wire28

45m on a f*cking monday brehs :blessed:
:mjcry:alright let me get this straight this trash film is breaking more imaginer "records" that nobody cares, just to make hype-beast headlines . Ol highest grossing monday afternoon after three moon eclipse the day before a tree fall in Twin Falls, Idaho. bbb-but but but that count for something right...yeah its called modern day marketing AkA the biggest monday in march that opened in all market worldwide at the same time(which is rare) not just domestic while IM3 still beat them in domestic opening

:mjlol: you can have your transformers tier movies we eating good around here no need to grasp at straws. if you want to join the team we got a spot open

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:jbhmm:

Show me the receipt that says as little as a penny of this BvS Money was deposited in your account and I'll give you a dap, breh.:manny:
I'll give you credit for actually being one of the sane people this past week and expressing your thoughts concisely while not dog piling and being completely unreasonable like some posters

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Marvel heads keep bringing up IM3 domestic total like BvS ain't catching up :mjlol:

Just to give you a comparison to both films four day totals

BvS: $181,047,843

IM3: $185,412,195

Source: Box Office Mojo

We coming for the crown soon....soon :whew:

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But wait..theres more imgaginary records coming ......Not even a week out and its at half a billion....
After a $420 million opening weekend, Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice is continuing to impress at the box office, passing $500 million in record time. The movie took in $12.2 million on Tuesday and a a whopping $32.9 million overseas. Add it all up and we're at $501.9 million total.

Marvel's The Avengers, and most of Marvel's other huge hits, come out internationally a week before they hit U.S. theaters, so Batman V Superman has made it to the milestone faster than any other superhero adaptation..

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
:mjcry:alright let me get this straight this trash film is breaking more imaginer "records" that nobody cares, just to make hype-beast headlines . Ol highest grossing monday afternoon after three moon eclipse the day before a tree fall in Twin Falls, Idaho. bbb-but but but that count for something right...yeah its called modern day marketing AkA the biggest monday in march that opened in all market worldwide at the same time(which is rare) not just domestic while IM3 still beat them in domestic opening

:mjlol: you can have your transformers tier movies we eating good around here no need to grasp at straws. if you want to join the team we got a spot open
what is an "imaginer" record breh? you making up your own language here?

these "imaginer" records i keep throwing out there are from reputable sites

meanwhile marvel stans like you keep talmbot inflated movies stats for a movie that came out less than 5 years ago :dahell: you clowns also keep talmbot the staggering release of marvel movies... who's fault is that? why should dc be punished for being smart and releasing everything at once? poor decision on marvels part if you ask me

and these "imaginer" records you keep blabbering on about... they are sales for specific days of the week... which DC keeps stomping on Marvel.... and marvel movies come out in the summer when their entire fanbase isn't in school... not the case for BvS and we STILL stomping your $s

dont be unhappy scrappy... accept your L and move on with life

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
But wait..theres more imgaginary records coming ......Not even a week out and its at half a billion....
After a $420 million opening weekend, Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice is continuing to impress at the box office, passing $500 million in record time. The movie took in $12.2 million on Tuesday and a a whopping $32.9 million overseas. Add it all up and we're at $501.9 million total.

Marvel's The Avengers, and most of Marvel's other huge hits, come out internationally a week before they hit U.S. theaters, so Batman V Superman has made it to the milestone faster than any other superhero adaptation..
Rich%2BHomie%2BQuan%2Bflex%2Bgif.gif

"It's only because Batman and Superman are icons :mjcry:"

:dead: