Batman Returns Is a Weird Ass Movie

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Who Framed Roger Rabbit is the poster child.

This movie and Gremlins for me. I look back on Gremlins and think to myself "Damn. This was Rated PG. :pachaha:" I heard a lot of moms were horrified watching that in the theater with their kids. That movie (along with Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom) helped usher in the PG-13 rating.

Last edited:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Was flipping channels this afternoon and landed on it. Haven't seen it in a few years even though its sitting on my shelf so I decided to watch it. And no, this doesn't mean it's a bad movie for you nikkas who will get in your feelings...it's just so damn weird:

Batman caps at least two people and blows one up, and he had no problem whatsoever targeting a woman with the batarang

Penguin openly molests two women and is trying to rape and or fukk catwoman every damn time they're on screen together and even hit her with the "you sent out all the signals! I don't even like you anymore!" steez. He really can't be on camera with a woman without trying to see what that thang smell like and in the worst way.

Alfred is suddenly Funkmaster Flex

batman-cd-player.gif

Catwoman almost ate a bird

Catwoman-3.gif

The Ice Princess supposedly gets bludgeoned with a batarang (commissioner gordon shows its stained in blood) but the next time we see her, she's perfectly A OK...until she gets thrown off a roof. Also, Catwoman gets pushed out of a building only to be resurrected by cats, and thrown off two buildings, once even by batman :russ::picard:

Penguin caps a clown and of course his ultimate plan involves killing all the first born sons, getting his Bible on.

Who is this movie for?:russ: In retrospect, I can see why it had all the outrage because there's enough in it to say it's certainly not a kids movie they should be selling with happy meals but it doesn't take itself seriously enough to be a movie strictly for adults because there's shyt like a poodle walking around with a grenade in her mouth and dynamite sticks with gigantic ticking clocks...and penguins with missiles attached to their backs.

Warners let Tim do whatever he wanted and its' a beautiful movie with some good stuff in it and the score is dope as hell but......it's so fukking weird. Or is it just me?

IDGAF if it is weird. It's one of the only superhero movies where you could pick up that everyone involved was having fun. It's a fun movie. Also people who grow up in a sewer and wear catsuits with a bullwhip or have a billion dollars and wear a bat suit at night ARE weird and fukked up and I love how Burton pokes fun and runs with that truth. It's still a top 5 Batman movie for me.