Batman Returns Is a Weird Ass Movie

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The scene that messed with me the most was when Penguin bit into buddy's nose. :scust:

Seeing that as a lil shorty had me like "nah, I'm good" :hubie:

Breh lol. In the theater that's the one thing that made me flinch and turn away from the screen. Wasn't ready for that shyt. At all.

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
The scene that messed with me the most was when Penguin bit into buddy's nose. :scust:

Seeing that as a lil shorty had me like "nah, I'm good" :hubie:
I still randomly say "Could be worse, my nose could be gushing blood" :yeshrug:

When he pulled that move in the video game and it sounded like someone stepping into hard snow :pachaha:

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
If they let Schumacher include the original scenes where Bruce rediscovers why he became Batman and they actually finalized that red book plot thread it would've gotten a much better reputation.

:ohhh: Thread bringing back memories. I remember seeing a still of this scene in a magazine. It might of actually been that Disney Adventures you posted or a Wizard. I was thinking they were about to put Manbat in it and we were going to get some next level type shyt in the movie with him being one of the villains. Was kind of disappointed when I watched it in theater and he didn't end up being in it.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
:mjlol: hella shyt was marketed towards kids that probably had no business being so. They had Robocop/Terminator 2 toys with kids playing them in the commercials.
I remember watching the Robocop cartoon show as a kid and wondering if there was a movie. Then I went to the library checked it out and found it was RATED R :why: I got to the Murphy death scene and was like :huhldup::damn: the movie had so much violence it was crazy they made a cartoon show off of this. :mindblown: goat movie though :wow:

Last edited:

Kid Dynamite

aka The Big Bonanza aka The Ebony Prince
Supporter
Daps
Plus the SNES game

tumblr_n2hjjiuccc1sfivguo2_400.gif

x5EaIft.gif

5547385-tumblr_n0zxzrsvuc1qd4q8ao1_500.gif

tumblr_nambulawKy1tx0eb6o1_500.gif

What a time to be a kid :mjcry:
I was gonna mention this but didn't feel like searching for Gifs. This game was THE shyt back then. I beat that game probably 10 times

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
On the real I kinda prefer batman forever to this :russ: I mean it's not great but I enjoy watching it more
Jim Carrey fukkery :blessed: I liked the arc Bruce went through finding it difficult to keep being Batman as you get older. Really wish they kept this deleted scene fit right into the theme of the movie and ties into the ending with the Riddler.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember watching the Robocop cartoon show as a kid and wondering if there was a movie. Then I went to the library checked it out and found it was RATED R :why: I got to the Murphy death scene and was like :huhldup::damn: the movie had some much violence it was crazy they made a cartoon show off of this. :mindblown: goat movie though :wow:

Bruh literally the SAME thing happened to me. I watched the Robocop cartoon and the live-action TV series as a little kid and ended up watching the movie thinking it would be kid friendly. The Murphy death scene and the melting man scene traumatized me for a long time

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
:mjgrin:I always looked at it as Tim Burton's ode to how much he hates Christmas and just said "fukk it" and had Batman turn into a murderous loner gunning down/blowing up worthless henchman, Penguin resorting to running political scams and sexual innuendo with random interns("I'll show her my French Flipper Trick" :dwillhuh::pachaha:) & Catwoman basically doing depraved, violent S&M shtick blowing up warehouses. Honestly, I have no idea how they got away with a PG-13 rating, but I'm still salty that we didn't get that Billie Dee Williams Two Face.

@MartyMcFly If you have spare time, read this:
Batman Returns: The Greatest Anti-Christmas Gift of All!

:dead:

I been saying this was a dark horse for GOAT Christmas Movie

And this is my second favorite Danny DeVito role after Frank Reynolds

This was one of the staple VHS tapes of my childhood :flabbynsick: Along with Jaws and Jurrasic Park

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Jim Carrey fukkery :blessed: I liked the arc Bruce went through finding it difficult to keep being Batman as you get older. Really wish they kept this deleted scene fit right into the theme of the movie and ties into the ending with the Riddler.

according to schumaker, Warner Bros ruined this movie.

He was trying to make a great batman film and warner brothers, scared because of what Burton just did, told him to make it campy and cool, so they could sell to kids again

This was the result