Batman Returns Is a Weird Ass Movie

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I remember trolling my film class in college when I said Keatgawd was one of the greatest American actors ever. Hipster riot.

Anyway, this along with Batman '89 are still probably in my desert island collection. Part of my entire youth. Batman Returns is only second to Die Hard in greatest Christmas movies ever if were being honest :blessed:

I legit watch BR probably once or twice a year. 2017 and nobody is touching Keaton's Batman imo.
home alone 1 & 2 :ufdup:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The movie wasnt that well received when it came out because how they tried to market it to kids but was a bit edgy and it got mixed reviews for it

The reason it gets beloved since then is Burton stans advocate it as such signature movie to his style and the fact that the Schumacher movies that came after were worse

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I remember being 8 years o and going to the theater with my dad to watch the movie and knowing from the previews and trailers how adult it looked that even I felt uncomortable and had to make an excuse about having to go to the bathroom just so I dont didnt have to sit through the massive innuendo parts I knew were coming with him:mjlol:

That said, Michelle Phiffer in that catsuit got me through puberty and I dint even know it :picard::wow:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Y'all buggin, it was and still is great. The best pure comic book film ever. Batman comics (the good ones) are all about fantasy and lunacy and this film delivered that in spades lol.

Spyro

Banned
Daps
i thought christian bale sounded retarded as batman 90% of the time in all 3 movies.

"this city is full of people... ready to believe in goooooddddddd..."

just awful stuff.

fans have been more critical over less.

In TDK and TDKR his voice did sound really stupid at times, but for the most part I liked it, it really suited his character and this grounded world. But I guess it's one of those polarizing things that divides a lot of people, personally I like it, his growl makes even the simplest of lines sound epic :banderas:
"This isn't a car"
"If I get him to you, can you get him to talk?"
"It's not that simple. With the Joker it never is."
"And you'll never have to."
"Not everything. Not yet."

:Banderas67:

Seriously breh? :comeon: Bruce yelling you wanna get nuts like an idiot? :skip:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Well that I agree with. Idk about the best penguin tho. Animated series penguin is eons better than DeVito
Man you're bugging. Devito fukking killed that performance. Like I'm not saying Oscar worthy, but fukking close. I love his performance, especially now because I naturally associate Devito with comedic roles like always sunny.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The movie wasnt that well received when it came out because how they tried to market it to kids but was a bit edgy and it got mixed reviews for it

The reason it gets beloved since then is Burton stans advocate it as such signature movie to his style and the fact that the Schumacher movies that came after were worse
Yeah this movie epitomizes burtons surrealist style. A style which I personally love but understandably not everyone would be attracted to it

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
As weird as this movie was and with Batman's limited screen time I would take this over Rises and of course both Forever and the Clooney sequel.