Batman Returns Is a Weird Ass Movie

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Man you're bugging. Devito fukking killed that performance. Like I'm not saying Oscar worthy, but fukking close. I love his performance, especially now because I naturally associate Devito with comedic roles like always sunny.

I just don't like his take on the character thats what it comes down to. I prefer the animated series. not saying he was bad, just not my preference

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I was 8 years old when my mom took me to see it and my mom was pissed LOL! She was like how could this movie be pg-13. As a kid I didn't care much for it and always liked Batman 1989 much better. When I saw it again a few years later as an teen I thought it was garbage. I don't know why some Batman fans love it but hated Dawn of Justice because Batman killed when he was killing folks or letting people die in Returns.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was 8 years old when my mom took me to see it and my mom was pissed LOL! She was like how could this movie be pg-13. As a kid I didn't care much for it and always liked Batman 1989 much better. When I saw it again a few years later as an teen I thought it was garbage. I don't know why some Batman fans love it but hated Dawn of Justice because Batman killed when he was killing folks or letting people die in Returns.

Selective memory. He fukking had the batmobile and the batwing loaded with guns. It was like that scene in XXX when he told his man he wanted all of the guns in the car. And he tried to blow the joker up and missed. So its either selective memory or selective outrage...or of course the ever famous "my childhood" excuse

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Selective memory. He fukking had the batmobile and the batwing loaded with guns. It was like that scene in XXX when he told his man he wanted all of the guns in the car. And he tried to blow the joker up and missed. So its either selective memory or selective outrage...or of course the ever famous "my childhood" excuse
at least in bat vs sups it made sense why he was shooting them. hes older and aint got time for that shyt:lolbron:

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
I loved the weirdness of it and the art direction of returns is understated.

pic5.png

12313785460391.jpg

5485235_orig.jpg

batman-returns-14.jpg

batman-returns-disneyscreencaps.com-1510.jpg

Batman-2-5.jpg

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Its a personal favorite for me, I hate the first, but Batman returns, scene composition, visual style, clicks for me. If only Burton had an actual batman writer to put the visual style against, that was the only weakness

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Forever is literally the best Pre Nolan flick IMO

i have to agree. forever remains the most underrated bat-flick.

i admit i do prefer the more classic gothic inspired look of burton's movies... but the neon retro-futuristic vibe in forever works just as well.

plus val kilmer made for a damn good batman, and he's STILL the best bruce wayne.