‘Batman: Caped Crusader’ - New Animated Series from Bruce Timm, J.J. Abrams, & Matt Reeves

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Legit spiritual successor to BTAS. Loving the changes. Weirdo nikkad getting up in arms about black babs and Gordon or female penguin but those nikkas are weird and don’t get p*ssy BUT I would love to see the joker be like BTAS joker when he’s revealed. So far it’s a 8.5/10

I appreciate the return to the monster of the week format with the possibility of smaller arcs.

Xmen had a overarching storyline and Bat-Hov didn’t need that

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Only 3 episodes in

Im feeling the new batmobile. No bat ears or other batlike features. Just a badass 1940s jet black musclecar. Simplicty as its finest

I also like his batcave being very low tech. Old school microscope, handdrawn maps, no computer. Very old school

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
they coulda made Harley identity a little bit harder. That wws kinda easy

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I finished watching the season and thought the show was good, even great at times. I'd give it a solid 4/5.

The show is different enough from Batman The Animated Series. The show has a bit more edge than a Saturday morning cartoon show. The show isn't so dark that you wouldn't want to show it to a middle school aged kid.

The show does a great job showing the corruption in Gotham. It is the season's overarching theme. It also shows that people are trying to make it a better place beyond Batman punching bad guys.

The show does more beyond BTAS in paying homage to the vast history of the Batman character. Theres times where you can see influences from the Adam West Batman with the camp. The show never goes overboard with it. Episode 3 is the campiest episode. It was also great seeing characters that weren't in BTAS. They were either created after BTAS or weren't used. In one episode I expected to see a BTAS reoccurring character because he normally helps Batman in those kind of situations. Instead they used someone that makes just as much sense.

The show has a good sense humor in the same way that BTAS did. Many times I laughed out loud.
The funniest thing in the season is when Batman fights Onomatopoeia and he's doing his SFX thing mid Batman fight. At the end Batman punches him in the vocal chords and he can't talk. Batman sarcastically says, "POW" :dead:

The cast does a great job playing each of their characters. Hamish Linklater is good at Batman, better as Bruce Wayne. Sometimes his Batman voice was off to me but he still did good. Diedrich Bader as Harvey Dent is the stand out imo(For the record hes my 2nd favorite VA for Batman. Peter Weller is 3rd. Linklater is probably4 or 5). Jamie Chung, Mckenna Grace, and Christina Ricci were all great as their characters.

There's only a few things I've had a problem with. 1 thing I was very happy to see.
In episode 8 they have an episode where Leslie Thompkins takes orphans to the carnival thrown by Harvey Dent. Some of the orphans are Batman's Robins. One or 2 cameos would be ok, but 4 cameos took me out.

I also don't like that they killed off Harvey Dent at the end of the season. I believe he's dead.

Theres no big action set piece like other animated young adult comic bookshows.

Im very happy that the show didn't try to base itself in the real world. It was great to see ghosts, and meta humans. I'm bored with the real world depictions of Batman we've gotten since Nolan.

TLDR: The show doesn't have any big surprising moments like XMEN 97' but it is consistently good.

Last edited: