Batgirl got claimed on Warner Bros Discovery's taxes.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

:francis:
So apparently this is studio politics of the new management not wanting to be beholden to the decisions of the old management. Kinda like how Disney had to take the hits for bad Fox films.

Batgirl isn’t a big enough name to force a release.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Discovery is going to make a big announcement on Thursday and rumors are getting loud that Discovery realizes that HBO Max has always been propped up by the OG HBO and they might be killing HBO Max and moving OG HBO to just a tab under a revamped Discovery +. That's why the reports said no more scripted HBO Max shows.
Hbo max shows that have already been renewed:
Hacks.
A black lady step show.
South side.
Titans.
Doom patrol

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
So I don't think Young Justice hasn't been renewed yet and Harley Quinn Season 3 is done. I doubt any of those random DC animated movies get green lit until they figure out what they doing overall at DC. They obviously feel Flash is movie quality and have not given up on it yet plus the still might use it as a soft reboot of the DCEU like was rumored years ago. I think it would be stupid to not release the Flash movie theatrically because curiosity is going to fuel the box office those first couple of weeks I think.
An animated Justice League film with WarWorld and Mongul got announced last week, but that's more than likely put on hold now with this upcoming announcement. I know they had another animated Batman show as well, but they'll likely send that over to Cartoon Network. Young Justice got tossed from Cartoon Network once before and it obviously doesn't fit their lineup now, so I'm guessing we'll get that cancellation announcement sometime soon.

I'm guessing this announcement also means that we aren't getting a DC Fandome this year either.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Hbo max shows that have already been renewed:
Hacks.
A black lady step show.
South side.
Titans.
Doom patrol
DIscovery don't care what was renewed before they took over. They just threw away $90M but I'm sure shows like Hacks and Black Lady (which is OG HBO) will survive because they get Emmys

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
DIscovery don't care what was renewed before they took over. They just threw away $90M but I'm sure shows like Hacks and Black Lady (which is OG HBO) will survive because they get Emmys
Warrior is still filming

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Discovery is going to make a big announcement on Thursday and rumors are getting loud that Discovery realizes that HBO Max has always been propped up by the OG HBO and they might be killing HBO Max and moving OG HBO to just a tab under a revamped Discovery +. That's why the reports said no more scripted HBO Max shows.
:ohhh:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Warrior is still filming
The new guy has been going line by line on everything they doing so its not a overall cancel everything before us but if it don't make sense they are cutting bait. An all Asian Bruce Lee show is probably a good investment domestically and internationally they probably thinking.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This is very weird. The movie's been made, the money's been spent so even if no one in charge now likes the project it makes zero sense not to at least just dump it on HBO Max since it is content and streaming services need original content.
I wonder if Alan Horn is doing more than just consulting in his consulting role.

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is very weird. The movie's been made, the money's been spent so even if no one in charge now likes the project it makes zero sense not to at least just dump it on HBO Max since it is content and streaming services need original content.
I wonder if Alan Horn is doing more than just consulting in his consulting role.

They’re saying it was cut for a tax write off :dead:

Apparently WB felt the movie looked “cheap” but I’m certain this movie could’ve at least re couped the 90 million and turned a small profit.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I know all those people that worked on this film got to be pissed. Could potential hurt WB, since majority are freelance workers and may be hesitant to want to work on a WB film again. They are depending on those credits to land other gigs. That is why end credits are so important, I recall a bozo ass thread was created saying they need to axe them.