Barbie Live Action Movie Thread for HUNKS and HOTTIES - 8 Oscar noms

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
I’m sure a lot of little kids had a lot of interesting questions to ask their parents on the drive home from the theater after the movie was over. “Hey Mom, what’s a gynecologist?”
The scene where barbie said she didn't have a vagina

Some lil girl was asking in the theater to her parents
"Why doesn't she have a vagina?"

Had the theater who heard like :mjlol:

Daps
Just finished seeing it.
It’s a “good“ movie, no question. I thought Gosling & Ken’s story was great. I loved Margot….

BUT

I left the theater mad at white women.

It was white women that voted for Trump, it was RBG’s fragile (and :mjpls:) ass refusing to step aside that helped do Roe v. Wade in (Coney Barrett voted to strike it down too).

This movie was a tribute to this new era of white feminism, when white women did a huge share to create the need for said feminism/activism.

I keep thinking of that joke Chappelle did about the 2016 women’s march, when he asked his black woman activist friend what she thought, and her response was, “I hope those bytches get maced”

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I wanted to see it as much as she did.

But I didn’t wear pink.

:hubie:

There were some other men in the theater wearing pink with their girls. There was even a woman with her BABY in the theater. People kept looking when the baby made noise, but nobody was going to say anything to the women who apparently had to see this movie, and couldn’t find a sitter. I wonder where the dad was.

i didn't wear pink myself but there was a lady few seats down from me, first row, who had her baby and older like middle school aged kids. they were able to keep the baby relatively calm. gave him (i assume) this flamingo float looking thing. guessing it was sold as part of some promotion or something cuz i saw one at the concession stand, to keep the baby entertained. but this was late in the afternoon on a thursday so i guessed the dad was still at work.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps

DEF0-AE2-A-5-B01-4324-BA1-A-7165795958-E2.png

Copped :birdman:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I think the most surprising fact was finding out that a lot of those discontinued toys that got featured in the movie like Pregnant Barbie, Sugar Daddy Ken, and Video Girl Barbie were all around just recently in the early 2000's. I don't think my sister had any of those. My Mom doesn't remember the Growing Up Skipper doll either. Jesus Christ, Mattel. :mjlol:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I think the most surprising fact was finding out that a lot of those discontinued toys that got featured in the movie like Pregnant Barbie, Sugar Daddy Ken, and Video Girl Barbie were all around just recently in the early 2000's. I don't think my sister had any of those. My Mom doesn't remember the Growing Up Skipper doll either. Jesus Christ, Mattel. :mjlol:
that one that increases bust size was :russ::gucci:

like I seriously thought that was just in the movies...cause WTF would you give that to a young impressionable girl for...that doll is something straight outta mad or snl.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
that one that increases bust size was :russ::gucci:

like I seriously thought that was just in the movies...cause WTF would you give that to a young impressionable girl for...that doll is something straight outta mad or snl.
Apparently, the FBI had to release a warning to the public about the danger of Video Girl Barbie being used for nefarious purposes. :sitdown: The fact that it made it all the way up the chain at Mattel and put on the market without anyone questioning it is both creepy and hilarious due to the shortsightedness.