Barbie Live Action Movie Thread for HUNKS and HOTTIES - 8 Oscar noms

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished seeing it.
It’s a “good“ movie, no question. I thought Gosling & Ken’s story was great. I loved Margot….

BUT

I left the theater mad at white women.

It was white women that voted for Trump, it was RBG’s fragile (and :mjpls:) ass refusing to step aside that helped do Roe v. Wade in (Coney Barrett voted to strike it down too).

This movie was a tribute to this new era of white feminism, when white women did a huge share to create the need for said feminism/activism.

I keep thinking of that joke Chappelle did about the 2016 women’s march, when he asked his black woman activist friend what she thought, and her response was, “I hope those bytches get maced”
I went over this in a thread in TLR but the white woman vote for conservatives have always been high with the 30+ age group, and Mitt "Binders Full of Women" Romney has had the highest percentage of white women votes.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wanted to see it as much as she did.

But I didn’t wear pink.

:hubie:

There were some other men in the theater wearing pink with their girls. There was even a woman with her BABY in the theater. People kept looking when the baby made noise, but nobody was going to say anything to the women who apparently had to see this movie, and couldn’t find a sitter. I wonder where the dad was.
I wore my pink JFG x New Balance 993s.

TQbrit

Banned
Daps
Watched it last night and i left the theater in my feels, it blew me away because lets be real we all had our hopes lowered but they hit all the marks perfectly. The last act pulled a few tears out of me, especially as a millennial and feeling misplaced in today's world or the world that was promised to us.

10/10

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Barbie made more money in a single weekend than Indy 5 did in its entire run so far. :picard:
doflamingo-laughing.gif

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Barbie made more money in a single weekend than Indy 5 did in its entire run so far. :picard:

Indy 5’s budget alone was like 300 million…add another 100 million minimum for marketing….

Needed at least 700-750 mill to break even at theaters

Gross miscalculation of money. Disney fukkin up