Barbie Live Action Movie Thread for HUNKS and HOTTIES - 8 Oscar noms

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
can anyone else vouch for this? Sounds like a horrible reach compared to what everyone else has said ITT
-111.gif

Daps
Just finished seeing it.
It’s a “good“ movie, no question. I thought Gosling & Ken’s story was great. I loved Margot….

BUT

I left the theater mad at white women.

It was white women that voted for Trump, it was RBG’s fragile (and :mjpls:) ass refusing to step aside that helped do Roe v. Wade in (Coney Barrett voted to strike it down too).

This movie was a tribute to this new era of white feminism, when white women did a huge share to create the need for said feminism/activism.

I keep thinking of that joke Chappelle did about the 2016 women’s march, when he asked his black woman activist friend what she thought, and her response was, “I hope those bytches get maced”
I have to double back now that I’ve slept on it.

This movie needed an “evil” Barbie.

The movie essentially boils down to men vs. women.

But all the women/Barbies are all on the same team, with zero nuance, with the same mindset that all men are dumb, power-hungry, etc.

On the men’s side, there was at least Alan and the two other Ken’s that helped the Barbies, and served as a contrarian viewpoint for how the majority of men acted in the movie.

This movie lets white women off the hook, by making it seem as though white women have always stood in solidarity with all women, when we know that’s not the truth.

I still liked the movie:yeshrug:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City

But all the women/Barbies are all on the same team, with zero nuance, with the same mindset that all men are dumb, power-hungry, etc.

On the men’s side, there was at least Alan and the two other Ken’s that helped the Barbies, and served as a contrarian viewpoint for how the majority of men acted in the movie.

This movie lets white women off the hook, by making it seem as though white women have always stood in solidarity with all women, when we know that’s not the truth.

And who were the other two Ken's with?

Weird Barbie and those two other ones.

Y'all asking for a whole other movie. This was about being a woman and patriarchy, not about the history of (white) women.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps

Right because what I would’ve done is, create a more genuine solidarity approach amongst women instead of just coming together to go against men

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

I think an evil barbie is good enough for their own movie

this film did a good job of explaining the primary fight that women have
if you introduce an evil barbie right now it doesn't make sense because of the way the barbie world works.
then you would take away the whole dynamic with Ken because you have to focus on the new villian
I think a sequel will delve into the evil barbie and why Mattel made one like that or if they made one that's so narcissistic it becomes an evil barbie

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC

Why would women want to see a Barbie movie where it’s women vs women?