Barbie Live Action Movie Thread for HUNKS and HOTTIES - 8 Oscar noms

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I know some tranny-obsessed TLR poster is gonna be :what::mindblown::scust::shaq: at the thought of a transgender Barbie, but it actually makes perfect sense, especially since they don't make any big deal about it. The same holds for the plus-sized Barbie in the movie.

The film is making the point that trans women, plus sized women, and women of of all races would be welcome in their society, because they only reason they have issues with each other in our world is because they're competing with each other under the system of the patriarchy.

It's the same reason I get so annoyed and dismayed when supposed 'black' people on the coli shyt on LGBTQ people, immigrants, women (especially black women), poor people, and people of other races. The only reason you have beef with them is because you feel you're competing with them under the systems of white supremacy and capitalism.

This movie is fukking brilliant. The more I think about it, the more I love it. :wow:
Yo I just got back from seeing it.

Greta Gerwig deserves her damn flowers 💐

Your commentary is fantastic and perfectly stated what I believe is the key takeaway of the film.

She really captured the existential dilemma many (young) women experience.
America Ferrera’s revelation was absolute perfection and definitely brought it home for those who didn’t “get it”.

I really want more men to see the film because Ken’s life in Barbieworld mirrors what women experienced for so long. Getting the freedom to just “be Ken” and discover who he is outside of a relationship, outside of Barbie’s shadow isn’t about not needing a partner or having to control the world; it’s about being a complete person.

And it also speaks to the fact that staunchly sticking to gender roles isn’t always a bed of roses.

A man doesn’t have to desire to be in charge/running things to be valued by a woman, and a woman doesn’t have to do away with educational/career pursuits in order to be fully feminine and appreciated by a man.

Whimsical, campy but still grounded.

So so so well done.

ALSO-
Gosling was amazing as Ken. They needed someone who had the range to pull that character off. He added the necessary depth that prevented his character from being one-dimensional.

And Margot did such a great job you almost forget she’s the main character and focus on the cast/film as a whole.

Just superb.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Who would have thought a Barbie movie would out-perform a movie that had the return of Michael Keaton's Batman after a 30 year absence. Congrats to them I guess.

I still will never watch Barbie. Not in my personal interest. I'm looking forward to TMNT: Mutant Mayhem.

wait which movie was starring Batman this weekend cuz I didn't hear anything about one?

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps

DEF0-AE2-A-5-B01-4324-BA1-A-7165795958-E2.png

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
I haven’t seen this (waiting for streaming) but I’m confused about the ending

she goes to the gynecologist?? when did this plastic bytch get a vagina?