Barbie Live Action Movie Thread for HUNKS and HOTTIES - 8 Oscar noms

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I'm not seeo
Ok.

I liked it. It was as funny as I was expecting it to be thanks to Ryan.

But I understand how men can feel they gave the “we don’t need men” message, because that’s what I got from it. I think they should have gone with a partnership angle, but it’s Greta.

:manny:
I know how real life work so it is what it is.

Daps
I can tolerate feminist propaganda somewhat

I just want to know if there is any LGBT shyt
The Kens are pretty gay in terms of their wardrobe, and mannerisms, but they are all paired up with Barbies. But the Barbies don’t want boyfriends, so it’s whatever. It’s not like Ken was meant for boys anyway. But the Michael Cera character was meant to represent the gays. There wasn’t any actual gay stuff. But I hate the “I don’t need a man” message.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't view the movie as having an "I don't need a man" message. It was more of a comparison of a male-dominated society vs a female-dominated society, and how the oppressed class in each case rises up to combat it. It's less about Barbie not needing Ken and more Ken learning his identity without being attached to a woman (Barbie), similar to how women under the patriarchal society have to learn who they are without their relationships to men.

As far as "LGBT shyt," the actress who played Dr. Barbie is trans, but it's not ever mentioned or referenced in the movie.

Last edited:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know some tranny-obsessed TLR poster is gonna be :what::mindblown::scust::shaq: at the thought of a transgender Barbie, but it actually makes perfect sense, especially since they don't make any big deal about it. The same holds for the plus-sized Barbie in the movie.

The film is making the point that trans women, plus sized women, and women of of all races would be welcome in their society, because they only reason they have issues with each other in our world is because they're competing with each other under the system of the patriarchy.

It's the same reason I get so annoyed and dismayed when supposed 'black' people on the coli shyt on LGBTQ people, immigrants, women (especially black women), poor people, and people of other races. The only reason you have beef with them is because you feel you're competing with them under the systems of white supremacy and capitalism.

This movie is fukking brilliant. The more I think about it, the more I love it. :wow:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm convinced the OP completely made up this movie & it isn't a real thing.
OP was prophetic
barbie-margot-robbie.gif

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
The ending sucked ass. Weakest shyt I ever heard in my life.

I know a female comedian wrote that bullshyt.