Barbie Live Action Movie Thread for HUNKS and HOTTIES - 8 Oscar noms

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Oh ok.. so i guess i gotta come back in about a week to get nikkas real opinions on the movie... this joint was MID. jokes were falling flat left and right, there's no way yall were seriously rocking with will ferrell and the non descript barbies banter. Kate mckinnon was good tho. But them long ass drawn out existential scenes and the extremely on the nose diatribes about being a woman... no one is watching this movie that hasnt already heard most of that, u preaching to the choir. shyts just made for you to snap your hands in the theatre and shout yaasssss while making the male execs at Mattel filthy rich. Greta Gerwig fell tf off since Lady Bird fukk it ima just say it.

Movie was very aesthetically pleasing tho, and i didnt know margot robbie had ass like that. that jawn was juicy. Ken Gosling carried the movie, how u let the best actor in the movie be the dude smh.. but ima fall in line and let yall tell it --

Lets get in formation barbies AS WE SHOULD! :blessed:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Who would have thought a Barbie movie would out-perform a movie that had the return of Michael Keaton's Batman after a 30 year absence. Congrats to them I guess.

I still will never watch Barbie. Not in my personal interest. I'm looking forward to TMNT: Mutant Mayhem.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
all right Barbie I see you :ehh: One of the most creative movies I've seen this year so far. I went in knowing pretty much like 1% of Barbie but they did a good job telling me about the history and all of that. Barbie Land definitely came to life in this film. there's no way they're not thinking of building a park in universal studios of this. they're leaving money on the table.
This is the film that I think Don't Worry Darling was trying to be. it has a lot of the same beats but Barbie does it way better. She-Hulk was trying to do this too but they didn't juggle it well either. This film is pretty much the Lego movie + animal farm + the Barbie brand
I can see college kids going crazy with this movie
the ken vs barbie parts at the end with ken at the house reminded me of college for some reason. in a good way.
Ryan Gosling as Ken is getting the nom for best-supporting actor.
the jokes were actually funny too.
especially the Synder cut one :mjlol:
I've done the investment thing to women before
I'm still processing my thoughts but this movie is good. 9/ken
I'm really curious where the sequel goes from where they left it. there's a lot of potential.
I have a lot of questions though
so are all the Mattel movies going to have Mattel in it? i think it's a good idea for some of them.
what happens if a female human wants to become a Barbie? is it possible
how many Barbie lands are there?
why make a pregnant doll that's random as hell:laff:
they could've put the original barbie song in the movie. Mattel must really hate it.
I kind of want to see Greta's take on the Powerpuff girls now

Last edited:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I didn't view the movie as having an "I don't need a man" message. It was more of a comparison of a male-dominated society vs a female-dominated society, and how the oppressed class in each case rises up to combat it. It's less about Barbie not needing Ken and more Ken learning his identity without being attached to a woman (Barbie), similar to how women under the patriarchal society have to learn who they are without their relationships to men.

As far as "LGBT shyt," the actress who played Dr. Barbie is trans, but it's not ever mentioned or referenced in the movie.
yeah exactly the barbies were pretty much in 1960s America but reversed
now the ken's have to move up like women did in real life society
I feel like by the 3rd one the kens will be almost equal to the Barbies in some way
maybe this is Mattel's plan to broaden ken? but why? :jbhmm:

Last edited: