Ban cars and this is the result. Vredenburg, Utrecht, Netherlands ...

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I'm jealous. I will say though, its dope how many cycles I see in Chicago now when im out riding I would kill for infrastructure like this.
y'all making progress

Chicago will soon have more than 400 miles of on-street bikeways and off-street paths. By the end of this year, CDOT will have added more than 125 miles of new bikeways to the system since 2020, surpassing Mayor Lightfoot’s goal of 100 new miles in her first term.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

VLB1HZz.jpeg

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
America is not ass or lazy. We have a Suffern culture, part of which is industrialized. We built a car culture, the Netherlands not so much. We have lots of space most cities are < 200 years old, their spaces are are a lot older and smaller.
I had a girl in Antwerp 20 years ago. We ate at outside cafes built in the 1300, the streets were very small, but we could bike everywhere on designated paths. They also charged to use shopping carts, no plastic bags, way back then. But the rest of their lives was HIGHLY regulated by the government - where/ when you could work, high taxes, etc. (like what CA aspires to be).

Not a fair comparison, but we can and must do better.

But be careful of what you wish for.

... and that is a bad trade off