Ban cars and this is the result. Vredenburg, Utrecht, Netherlands ...

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
This is why I love Europe, but specifically Netherlands.

I was riding my bike a lot in London but since I moved out the roads aren’t as kind, we barely have bike lanes where I am.

But Netherlands and Northern Europe are a prime examples to other cities (note not countries) on how to handle bikes. We have the setup for it in Europe as we’re smaller nations, have smaller roads and therefore cars.

It’s one of the main reasons why I always prefer Europe most other continents for transport. I visit Netherlands multiple times a year, but not since COVID. I’m yet to ride there as it’s too hectic. But I walk or use tram/train and will not drive

As for longer and heavier duty trips, we bring our bikes in the car. So we can continue our biking for anywhere up to 1-2 hours journeys.

Skewton

Banned
Daps
Pretty much every major city in America has good cycling uptake on the densest parts of the city.

I’ve been to the UK & Ireland and once you’re out of Dublin/London the cycling infrastructure declines dramatically. Even in London, I noticed cycling was mainly limited to the downtown areas. When I visited friends further out I only saw the occasional cyclist.

I’ve also just seen that the Netherlands is the 3rd flattest country in the world. I imagine that kind of landscape makes cycling a joy, especially in a temperate climate.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
i doubt them euros be doin costco type runs like us americans do. most people ridin bikes in them videos are fit

places like IKEA rent these out for free when folks are shopping.

AoqKQFf.png

I don't think they need to make huge purchases often if stores are near by.

there are examples of people in north america doing it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I lived in a beach town in Cali where during COVID they shut down 4 blocks to all traffic and made the streets open to restaurant seating and vendors. It made life 1000000000000x better.
They did a lot of this in NYC. I already been finished with the car ownership life so it didn't inconvenience me at all. Owning a car agin sounds like nothing but an L. expense and lack of need for one considered