Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
No fool I mean what happened after that? :gucci::mjlol:

Fred.

wasn't sure how far to go with the spoilers :manny:

people from Last Light helped storm Moonrise. Jaheira became a companion. Isobel and Nightsong are lovers, and are at my camp (not sure what's next for them). I just started Act 3, so I'm not sure if I'll run into anyone else from Last Light again

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
wasn't sure how far to go with the spoilers :manny:

people from Last Light helped storm Moonrise. Jaheira became a companion. Isobel and Nightsong are lovers, and are at my camp (not sure what's next for them). I just started Act 3, so I'm not sure if I'll run into anyone else from Last Light again

Ok nah none of those spoilers really matter for me because....

Everyone at Last Light died and got turned to undead when Isobel/the force field left.

Other stuff like Isobel/Nightsong fukking is :yeshrug: to me, spoiler-wise. Both are alive in my playthrough but I wouldn't consider that part of your post spoilers.

Fred.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
the pacing in Act 3 is kind of weird. I feel like I should be wrapping up this epic story, but instead they throwing side quests at me

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Act 3 is massive when you actually dive in. I might spend 80 hours on this act alone and still start a new character right after:wow:

Yeah, it doesn’t look that big initially but once you start doing the quests you realize how dense it is

There’s stuff for you to do in most areas of the city

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i wish there were guides for a perfect evil playthrough, i want to do it but i want to also kind of do it efficiently. I dont want to just kill important characters too early or have them get mad when their questline could lead me to doing something even more evil-er in the end.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
i wish there were guides for a perfect evil playthrough, i want to do it but i want to also kind of do it efficiently. I dont want to just kill important characters too early or have them get mad when their questline could lead me to doing something even more evil-er in the end.
It's not that easy even when playing the Dark Urge
I raided the grove with Minthara and had sex with her after:shaq: but then the Urge made me kill her, so who knows how much further evil fukkery I miss out on. This is my 'Dark Urge all the way' playthrough so whoever has to die, has to die though

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's not that easy even when playing the Dark Urge
I raided the grove with Minthara and had sex with her after:shaq: but then the Urge made me kill her, so who knows how much further evil fukkery I miss out on. This is my 'Dark Urge all the way' playthrough so whoever has to die, has to die though

Become Dexter breh

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Also @Novembruh....

You can just go nuts and start killing people as soon as you enter Moonrise. Before getting Nightsong I mean. Obviously, unless you find some way to escape you'd die, as Thorm is immortal at that point. But it's possible.

Fred.
yeah, a coworker of mine who also plays apparently made that mistake. Think he fought through the whole tower for over an hour, just trying to kite Ketheric's unkillable ass.

Meanwhile, I learned from Larian games past and pretty much knew what the deal was about to be from the release trailers. I didn't even talk to Thorm at all until I'd already hit my head on the Point of No Return in the Mausoleum. Imagine my surprise when the Dark Urge-specific narration popped up as I was trying to speed-read through the dialogue so I could get to making that mans worm food!

I'd shoved almost every guard around the outer perimeter into the ether on my first walk through there by this point, just because I wasn't with that Cult bullshyt :demonic:

That whole dock area with the canister of tadpoles was where I started and by the time I was doing the Moonrise siege, I realized it didn't matter. They're scripted deaths before they breach the doors, so thinning them does nothing.

Talked Ketheric into giving up so his dead wife would welcome him back into the light of Selune, and then here come that ho rowdy-ass daughter to un-win my speech check encounter :childplease:

When I ran up on him for the real final fight, I ain't even release her until stage 2. Loud ass just get in the way. And by the end of the fight, she'd pretty much just fought the flayer add - my party had already packed Myrkel up something vicious.

I remember when I got the achievement for beating him without him doing his add-absorption thing, the achievement percentage on steam was 0.1% :mjlol: Told me most people don't examine things they fight. His window literally says what'll happen.

Run 2, I abused the stealth system and literally killed everything else in the room before engaging him, then dropped a layer Darkness, silence dome and insect swarm on Myrkel's spawn point. Didn't even bother trying to fight the nikka for real. Cuz loved Shar so much? Bet.

I gave him darkness, silence and loss. All he could handle.

Fight lasted 2 combat rounds. Devil's Sight + Darkness is cracked.

oh. By the way? The merchant in Moonrise sells Angelic Respite potions. Restores 1st and 2nd spell slots and gives the effects of a short rest. Overpowered as hell specifically for Warlocks/Warlock dips.

Here's the thing.

Vendor inventories cycle on level up.

If you bring a respec'd character/a hireling to the shopkeeper, and level them from 1 to 2 > talk to vendor > buy potions > 2 to 3 > talk to vendor > it'll restock the potions.

Did that and got about 20 of those. Carried the rest of the game. Worthwhile to do before the siege, mostly because if you pass a speech check with the bugbear merchant it'll 100% his affinity. Best prices. And the level-up reset also recovers his money. Good way to get through a backlog of valuables you're sat on, while getting useful potions at the best possible pricing.

Again: worth doing before the siege on Moonrise. Because he joins the fight and will need to die when the fighting starts.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
yeah, a coworker of mine who also plays apparently made that mistake. Think he fought through the whole tower for over an hour, just trying to kite Ketheric's unkillable ass.

Meanwhile, I learned from Larian games past and pretty much knew what the deal was about to be from the release trailers. I didn't even talk to Thorm at all until I'd already hit my head on the Point of No Return in the Mausoleum. Imagine my surprise when the Dark Urge-specific narration popped up as I was trying to speed-read through the dialogue so I could get to making that mans worm food!

I'd shoved almost every guard around the outer perimeter into the ether on my first walk through there by this point, just because I wasn't with that Cult bullshyt :demonic:

That whole dock area with the canister of tadpoles was where I started and by the time I was doing the Moonrise siege, I realized it didn't matter. They're scripted deaths before they breach the doors, so thinning them does nothing.

Talked Ketheric into giving up so his dead wife would welcome him back into the light of Selune, and then here come that ho rowdy-ass daughter to un-win my speech check encounter :childplease:

When I ran up on him for the real final fight, I ain't even release her until stage 2. Loud ass just get in the way. And by the end of the fight, she'd pretty much just fought the flayer add - my party had already packed Myrkel up something vicious.

I remember when I got the achievement for beating him without him doing his add-absorption thing, the achievement percentage on steam was 0.1% :mjlol: Told me most people don't examine things they fight. His window literally says what'll happen.

Run 2, I abused the stealth system and literally killed everything else in the room before engaging him, then dropped a layer Darkness, silence dome and insect swarm on Myrkel's spawn point. Didn't even bother trying to fight the nikka for real. Cuz loved Shar so much? Bet.

I gave him darkness, silence and loss. All he could handle.

Fight lasted 2 combat rounds. Devil's Sight + Darkness is cracked.

oh. By the way? The merchant in Moonrise sells Angelic Respite potions. Restores 1st and 2nd spell slots and gives the effects of a short rest. Overpowered as hell specifically for Warlocks/Warlock dips.

Here's the thing.

Vendor inventories cycle on level up.

If you bring a respec'd character/a hireling to the shopkeeper, and level them from 1 to 2 > talk to vendor > buy potions > 2 to 3 > talk to vendor > it'll restock the potions.

Did that and got about 20 of those. Carried the rest of the game. Worthwhile to do before the siege, mostly because if you pass a speech check with the bugbear merchant it'll 100% his affinity. Best prices. And the level-up reset also recovers his money. Good way to get through a backlog of valuables you're sat on, while getting useful potions at the best possible pricing.

Again: worth doing before the siege on Moonrise. Because he joins the fight and will need to die when the fighting starts.

Feel like it would make the game too easy?

I’m already kind of steamrolling everyone in the 3rd act. I started subbing in people like Astarion just because lol

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Feel like it would make the game too easy?

I’m already kind of steamrolling everyone in the 3rd act. I started subbing in people like Astarion just because lol
they're good 'I'm on a roll through this area and don't want to break to rest' tools. That said, I really only know this because I refused to long rest as much as humanly possible in my first run and these were basically lines of white to my Warlock's refusal to rest. Short rest meant Warlock slots recharged, and it helped the whole... only 2 spell slot thing.

But fair if you think it'll make things too easy. There's always a bunch of ways you can overpower yourself and part of the RP is deciding what not to use, for sure.

That said, remember this trick works for most things that are restockable from a vendor. I pulled Astarion out the bottom of the sock drawer in Act 3 and used the 8 levels he had stashed since I last used him to buy a bunch of dyes so my main people matched :mjlol:

But by Act 3 I was just intent on making this as much of a final anime arc as possible - all bets were off; everything on the table.

There's an optional boss-tier encounter in Act 3 that I just went full role play and attacked mans before he even finished his monologue. First time I managed to pull off the 'kill an enemy by hitting them with another enemy' play since the goblins.

Gotta say, PC mods make this game so much different :ohlawd: New spells, gear, classes, skills :ohlawd:And this is barely month 1. In 3 months I'mma run it back with a full mod stack. shyt finna be wild.