Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Flexington

All Star
Daps
I've done two playthroughs at this point with a total of over 200 hours
And I haven't used a single blade oil.

Do they do anything worth the use cost? I've used poison twice, but even that seemed iffy. How you finding them

I only used them a lot due to my character being a rouge/thief. I usually craft them. Some are more helpful than others for sure, like drow poison/ones that inflict silence, blind or sleep in addition to disadvantage on attacks. Accuracy helps for sure too, Laezel was having 30% to 60% chance on attacks but after the accuracy oil it shot up to 70%-90%.

Effects like basic poison are kinda eh on their own, but there are higher grade toxins that do more damage. Wear some gear that stacks the damage and have bonus actions/action surge and it can get crazy.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So....

If you don't save Nightsong, or let Shadowheart kill her....what happens?

I saved her but given how things played out after that (I'm currently in the Mind Flayer colony in Act 2, so don't give spoilers beyond that) it seems the story would be drastically changed if she wasn't around.

Fred.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
So....

I saved her but given how things played out after that (I'm currently in the Mind Flayer colony in Act 2, so don't give spoilers beyond that) it seems the story would be drastically changed if she wasn't around.

Fred.

I did the same so I'll have to find out next playthrough

Like you said there's quite a few things that play out after that I imagine will go very differently once she's gone

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
So....

Fred.
I let Shadowheart kill her but I don't know what happens if you don't, other than her role in certain boss fights.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I let Shadowheart kill her but I don't know what happens if you don't, other than her role in certain boss fights.

So what happened at Moonrise after you killed her, and at the Ketheric Thorm fight? Because if she wasn't aroind all that has to be different.

Fred.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
So....

Fred.
it isn't. She's important for a side quest in Act 3 and can be a help at the end but the story is adapted for her absence from the Shadowfell - dead of alive, the endpoint ends up being the same

That said, Dame Aylin's... unique brand of justice is... fascinating. Having a murderbot angel in your camp is kinda funny if you do save her.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
it isn't. She's important for a side quest in Act 3 and can be a help at the end but the story is adapted for her absence from the Shadowfell - dead of alive, the endpoint ends up being the same

That said, Dame Aylin's... unique brand of justice is... fascinating. Having a murderbot angel in your camp is kinda funny if you do save her.

I know the end point is the same but seeing as how she kills damn near everyone in Moonrise and has lengthy dialogue/cutscene with Thorm....even ignoring the dialogue....how is Moonrise the same if she isn't around?

Fred.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I know the end point is the same but seeing as how she kills damn near everyone in Moonrise and has lengthy dialogue/cutscene with Thorm....even ignoring the dialogue....how is Moonrise the same if she isn't around?

Fred.
because all those people she kills in Moonrise wouldn't be in combat with you anyway.

The Ketheric fight is actually easier if she's not there. You can technically talk him into giving up. But if she's there, she pops in like the Kool-Aid man right as he's been talked down and he regrows his nuts and you gotta fight him on the roof.

There's the Night Song quest with Lorroakan in Act 3 if she's still there, but even then the game gives you an out to bush her. She's powerful but hasn't learned a damn thing about her limitations. Only so many times you can save someone from their own hubris. Dumb bird too powerful to need that much babysitting.

If she dies, Moonrise/Thorm are different and she's not there for the ending push.
If she lives, you're doing a 20-on-4 fight in the city.

Pick your battles - literally.

• Dap

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
So what happened at Moonrise after you killed her, and at the Ketheric Thorm fight? Because if she wasn't aroind all that has to be different.

Fred.
I had to fight my way through Moonrise Towers. Took a few tries. The Thorm fight was a bytch, but in the end it was doable. Had some persuasion checks but I savescummed the different outcomes and the fight was unavoidable.

• Dap

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I had to fight my way through Moonrise Towers. Took a few tries. The Thorm fight was a bytch, but in the end it was doable. Had some persuasion checks but I savescummed the different outcomes and the fight was unavoidable.
what about everyone at Last Light?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
because all those people she kills in Moonrise wouldn't be in combat with you anyway.

The Ketheric fight is actually easier if she's not there. You can technically talk him into giving up. But if she's there, she pops in like the Kool-Aid man right as he's been talked down and he regrows his nuts and you gotta fight him on the roof.

There's the Night Song quest with Lorroakan in Act 3 if she's still there, but even then the game gives you an out to bush her. She's powerful but hasn't learned a damn thing about her limitations. Only so many times you can save someone from their own hubris. Dumb bird too powerful to need that much babysitting.

If she dies, Moonrise/Thorm are different and she's not there for the ending push.
If she lives, you're doing a 20-on-4 fight in the city.

Pick your battles - literally.

Yeah, that last couple sentences in your post is what I meant.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
what about everyone at Last Light?

Everyone (except that one Druid chick) at Last Light died because the goon kidnapped Isobel.

Which is also reflected in the dialogue through out Moonrise, before the fight.

What happened in your Last Light?

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Also @Novembruh....

You can just go nuts and start killing people as soon as you enter Moonrise. Before getting Nightsong I mean. Obviously, unless you find some way to escape you'd die, as Thorm is immortal at that point. But it's possible.

Fred.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Everyone (except that one Druid chick) at Last Light died because the goon kidnapped Isobel.

Which is also reflected in the dialogue through out Moonrise, before the fight.

What happened in your Last Light?

Fred.
I didn't let them kidnap Isobel