Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How much are y’all using guides?

If your honest answer is “not at all” I give you all the credit in the world

Eh....honestly I'd say around 20% of the time.

I had to Google why I was doing zero damage to a boss (not Ketheric Thorm) last night. Even with knowing how to do the fight, it was hands down the hardest shyt in the game so far.

But I also got an Achievement for not doing something that would've made it easier.

Aside from that, I really only use guides if there's a "point of no return" message before I enter an area. To see what quests I'd miss out on.

So yeah I'd say like 10-20% of the time.

Fred.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Got some time in today, another big boss down

action surge+oil of accuracy on my heavy hitting Laezel got these bosses sleeping in a turn or two :ahh:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Got some time in today, another big boss down

action surge+oil of accuracy on my heavy hitting Laezel got these bosses sleeping in a turn or two :ahh:
I've done two playthroughs at this point with a total of over 200 hours
And I haven't used a single blade oil.

Do they do anything worth the use cost? I've used poison twice, but even that seemed iffy. How you finding them

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I've done two playthroughs at this point with a total of over 200 hours
And I haven't used a single blade oil.

Do they do anything worth the use cost? I've used poison twice, but even that seemed iffy. How you finding them

I’ve never used one either but I used the soul coin with her last big boss battle and it was a slaughter with the tiger animal perk. She was jumping from one side of the arena to the other mutilating

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I’ve never used one either but I used the soul coin with her last big boss battle and it was a slaughter with the tiger animal perk. She was jumping from one side of the arena to the other mutilating
I haven't used a soul coin either. I read the effect at 1d4 fire and just went 'meh' and... I think one playthrough has been done with me still holding 7 of them, and my most recent one I'm basically putting off the ending and I have at least 6 there.

Does the damage at least go up over level? Because 1d4 fire ain't gonna do a damn thing for me on tactician.

Wait.

I have a Karlach-immune-to-fire mod for this second run because... fukking duh why wouldn't she be. I could probably douse a combat arena in grease and just let her run in and blow herself up and take no damage :ohhh:

Wait I need to try this