Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Also, I never uncovered the
doppelgänger in my crew Orin hinted at. Was she just lying, or did I miss something? Wasn’t she ranting about having a shapeshifter mimic in my crew? Maybe she was talking about the fake Jaheria?
In my game it was

Haslin. Orin showed up looking like him when I got to the sewers, then told me she’s holding him hostage unless I do what she asks

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Been playing 70 hours so far, got to the House Of Healing....

Did the Persuasion check and got the nurses to kill him

....and during the cut scene my lap top hard crashed. It reset my whole shyt. :dahell:

Apparently this has been happening to a few people during cutscenes in "BG3", but in my 30+ years of gaming I've never seen a game cause a crash so bad it resets your PC.

Anyone else had this happen?

Fred.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
I haven't had that happen with this game but I have had a few games freeze to the point of me having to shut my PC down complete....but I did that, the game didn't shut it off/reset.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

....and during the cut scene my lap top hard crashed. It reset my whole shyt. :dahell:

Apparently this has been happening to a few people during cutscenes in "BG3", but in my 30+ years of gaming I've never seen a game cause a crash so bad it resets your PC.

Fred.
Yep

Honestly it's par for the course nowadays with these GPU heavy games, happened with cyberpunk too. If the game snags the GPU, the GPU is also outputting info to the rest of the OS, so everything has to reset

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

....and during the cut scene my lap top hard crashed. It reset my whole shy
t. :dahell:

Fred.
This was happening to me every time I played the game. Had me thinking my PC was done with the amount of times it was randomly hard-locking :comeon:

I rolled back my NVIDIA driver over a week ago and it's only happened one time since...

This is where it gets wild...that "one time since" it froze was yesterday...and it was at the same exact location/time that you just described :mindblown:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I can't give this game a 10. The bugs are too annoying.

I think I've found a bug where I completed another side quest inside of a side quest and now don't have the option to finish the first one.

Those bugs and edgecases are complete dealbreakers to me.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

I think I've found a bug where I completed another side quest inside of a side quest and now don't have the option to finish the first one.

Same

Lowkey starfield is more polished than this game

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is where it gets wild...that "one time since" it froze was yesterday...and it was at the same exact location/time that you just described :mindblown:

Larian causing our computers to crash, and the horror it causes us to feel, coinciding with that scene....

Truly GOAT tier game development. 10/10. :wow:

Fred.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I haven't had any crashes, but like I said in a previous post, I had a cut scene freezing and skipping around. reloaded and it played fine

just got to Act 3 and I hope that shyt doesn't keep happening

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I killed all 3 leaders of the Goblin Camp in the most efficient way possible. I freed the Goblin in the jail cells in the grove to have her get me into the camp peacefully. Walked in like a boss. Saw Volo being abused, got him to go inside the sanctum. That one goblin that was talking shyt about how it's a goblins world now tried to make me kiss his feet; he ended up kissing mine after a few intimidation checks(:birdman:).Got inside the sanctum, looked around except where the hobgoblin was. The priestess had a talk, a few dialogue checks later she calls me to the back to cure me and she insists it's just me and her. Long story short she was shiesty and I ended up having to fight her. Scored a critical with Everburn and killed her one hit. Picked her body up and threw her in that chasm so nobody would see her. Went inside the temple and killed the ogre bodyguard, with Shadowheart(who might be the best character in the game from a function standpoint). Meanwhile Astarion and Karlach are going around killing any goblins who are isolated from the group inside the sanctum sometimes by sneak attack or Karlach pushing them to their deaths (Astarion is awesome when used as a scout by the way, he's OP as shyt). I have everyone meet up finally at the area where the NIghtwarden is with the goblin I freed. After a short dialogue she tells me to get ready to raid the Grove. I had Karlach move behind the Nightwarden, and when combat broke outI had Karlach shove the Nightwarden close to the chasm he bridge spans, and when my main characters turn came he pushed her into the chasm and killed her. Still haven't used any resources. Handle the weaklings left over, now I go to the Hobgoblin. I leave Karlach behind with an invisibility Potion and have Astarion sneak to a high vantage point to snipe nikkas. I initiate the conversation and initiate combat, switch back to Karlach pop the invisibility potion have her run in not in combat and shove the hobgoblin close to the bottomless pit in the room, then my main gets his turn I dash him and rush the hobgoblin and push his ass into the hole and kill him. I killed all 3 Goblin leaders without using so much as a cantrip yet. I still had to fight my way out the camp, but I was already level 4 so everyone who was left besides the ogre at the door outside the sactum was easy work... even he was easy work my main character and Karlach killed him in two hits. Shadowheart once we got outside the Sanctum showed me a cleric has like the best survivability in the game in short term situations because of duplicity and their numerous spells to increase her armor class, not to mention I had these gloves with missile snaring on them so between the spells having her AC at like 22 and her dodge up, she was snatching missiles out the air if they did hit her and it was reduced by her dex modifier, she was somtimes taking 0 damage from direct missile shots, 1 at the most. I managed to get through all this on just one short rest, before I left the sactum after finishing everyone in their. No reason to have to take the Goblin Camp head on although that would be fun. lol

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

There's been a non-removable exclamation mark over Gale's head for about 40 hours now on my playthrough :comeon:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I honestly haven’t had any major bugs, i had two crashes, but I’ve got like 50 hours clocked.

With games like cyberpunk and wasteland i had a crash like every session

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Always thought anything in 2023 that was turn based was dumb

Downloaded it, hooked, incredible

This is the game people talk about when they say they want a game where choices matter, 90% of games that claim the same just give you the illusion they do when they don’t

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Always thought anything in 2023 that was turn based was dumb

Downloaded it, hooked, incredible

This is the game people talk about when they say they want a game where choices matter, 90% of games that claim the same just give you the illusion they do when they don’t

Its the one game where you can actually kill important NPC’s and still continue the game. I think the only real game over is if your player character dies, and even then im not sure

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Its the one game where you can actually kill important NPC’s and still continue the game. I think the only real game over is if your player character dies, and even then im not sure
I didn’t hesitate to kill Minartha. I went full Goblin Slayer role play in the goblin camp. Even the children. Now I see her all over social media.