Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
game started buggin on me last night. cut scene was stalling and cutting off. reloaded a save and it fixed itself

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If you're gonna play this on a console, you really should get a mouse and keyboard plug in for this game. Having been used to playing the Divinity games on console, to now playing on PC I see why they say I don't see how you play this with a controller. Mouse and Keyboard gives you so many more options on how to approach doing shyt in this game, it's insane.l and it flat out feels better.

I’ve used both, controller is fine. It just takes time to get used to it if you typically use KM

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
In my game it was
the little girl Jenna
Oh that makes sense. She left my crew to go out on her own in my playthrough. Makes sense why I didn’t learn about
her being the shapeshifter

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
fukk that a wireless mouse and keyboard is $20 at Wal-Mart. A controller is an objrctively inferior experience in this game.

So use a mouse and keyboard, controller will be fine for most people, especially most console players. Its probably the best implementation of gamepad controls in a CRPG I’ve experienced.

But you don’t have to take my word for it.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
After beating it, Acts 1 and 2 seem like a completely different game compared to Act 3. Some people will like that, others not so much (myself included). I had to force myself to complete Act 3, while I couldn’t put the game down in Acts 1 and 2. The game felt disjointed. I may play it again in the not near future, to see what an evil or Dark Urge play through is like. I imagine many things will play out very differently.

I was gonna give this game a 10 in Acts 1 and 2, but it’s an 7 in Act 3, so it gets a 9/10 overall.

The fights at the end are very tedious and annoying/frustrating. Be warned.
Interesting…I’m actually enjoying Act 3 the most. I’m just about finished with most of the major quest lines.

Initially I was overwhelmed by all the different quests to do but over time I appreciated the more open-ended nature of it compared to Acts 1 & 2

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That reminds me of something I did :francis:

I was in a dungeon with vents that would pour our poison gas constantly and was throwing objects at the vents to block them. Mistakenly threw a torch, which caused an endless explosion. I reload as fast as I could before it froze or something

Was it in the morgue? I just got done with that lol

I think im just about done with the shadow realm map, i just have the moonrise left, did all of the mausoleum and got a warning like huh?? :dahell:

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Was it in the morgue? I just got done with that lol

I think im just about done with the shadow realm map, i just have the moonrise left, did all of the mausoleum and got a warning like huh?? :dahell:

Nah it was

I waited until Act 2 to beef with Auntie Ethel and this was in her liar

Oh regarding the mausoleum and that warning

If you're in the gauntlet of shar and that warning popped up that's the warning for the point of no return on Act 2. If you have any loose ends wrap em up, I almost missed the githyanki camp not realizing and going past that warning

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nah it was

I waited until Act 2 to beef with Auntie Ethel and this was in her liar

Oh regarding the mausoleum and that warning

If you're in the gauntlet of shar and that warning popped up that's the warning for the point of no return on Act 2. If you have any loose ends wrap em up, I almost missed the githyanki camp not realizing and going past that warning

anytime one of those warnings pop up i hit the rewind. That shyt scared me, i thought i was just doing Shadowhearts companion quest and that the moonrise towers was the main story :whew:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Did anybody figure out how to save
Karlach from death
at then end? I guess I could have sent her to
Avernus, but that seemed worse than death

What about making Gale a
god
. Did anybody to that? In my playthrough they basically just said
the crown was in the ocean and Gale would give it to Mystra, which I wanted him to do, but of course they didn’t show it

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
anytime one of those warnings pop up i hit the rewind. That shyt scared me, i thought i was just doing Shadowhearts companion quest and that the moonrise towers was the main story :whew:
the act still ends at Moonrise Tower. but after the 'point of no return' all your Act 1 waypoints go away