PS5 brehs, is this worth a cop? :lupe:

friday-ice-cube.gif

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I just beat it. The ending was a major letdown. I thought it would be elaborate and 1400 different possibilities. Nah…

I did it the good way. I’ll try it again tomorrow a different way. I don’t know why I was expecting some magnificent ending, but it’s not it. It’s kinda just a few short conversations. Oh well, on to Starfield finally :yeshrug:

RIPODB

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Side
Just played through the first couple hours and I can already tell the game is incredible.

Question - what difficulty setting should I go with?

I played divinity OS2 and loved it. I don’t remember choosing the difficulty for that game. I explore a lot- almost OCD levels. Balanced is probably ok right? Or will it be too easy later on?

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Just played through the first couple hours and I can already tell the game is incredible.

I played divinity OS2 and loved it. I don’t remember choosing the difficulty for that game. I explore a lot- almost OCD levels. Balanced is probably ok right? Or will it be too easy later on?
Balanced is fine, I was used to OS2 and still had to get the hang of the combat system. For me there were challenges all along the game but it might be different if you really know what you are doing with your build and tactics. I'm at the start of my second playthrough and already have a much easier time due to actually knowing what feats/spells actually do and how to use them

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Yeah, standard is the way to go. Maybe on subsequent playthroughs you can bump it to tactical but you’re gonna have good challenges but feel capable enough to handle them the more you go like divinity. I initially didn’t like this combat as much in EA but once i got the hang of it i gotta say this shyt is way better than DOS2. I low key hate that armor system lol

I just spent over an hour, maybe two on this one fight. I finally found a tactic that worked :whew:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
PS5 brehs, is this worth a cop? :lupe:

This game is worth every penny and more, first time I can say without fail that if they dropped any story DLC I would purchase it without question. If this game doesn’t win GOTY then it’s a great injustice as up to this point I don’t see anything else coming with the same amount of heat.

I know Spider-Man 2 will be absolutely amazing but in order to topple this game it will need to do something genre defining.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Quick question for those that have completed the game (please don’t spoil anything) can you complete all your party members side quests or is it only the ones you travel with? I have been switching between them periodically and doing all their quests when I can. Also the act 1 map seems huge, did anyone completely explore the map? I still have a huge area blacked out and I have been playing for days.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Quick question for those that have completed the game (please don’t spoil anything) can you complete all your party members side quests or is it only the ones you travel with? I have been switching between them periodically and doing all their quests when I can. Also the act 1 map seems huge, did anyone completely explore the map? I still have a huge area blacked out and I have been playing for days.
You can complete all companion quests. Just throw them in your party at the key points. Some companion quests can even be completed without them in your party, but I always brought them in for the story and dialogue options.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
After beating it, Acts 1 and 2 seem like a completely different game compared to Act 3. Some people will like that, others not so much (myself included). I had to force myself to complete Act 3, while I couldn’t put the game down in Acts 1 and 2. The game felt disjointed. I may play it again in the not near future, to see what an evil or Dark Urge play through is like. I imagine many things will play out very differently.

I was gonna give this game a 10 in Acts 1 and 2, but it’s an 7 in Act 3, so it gets a 9/10 overall.

The fights at the end are very tedious and annoying/frustrating. Be warned.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Also, I never uncovered the
doppelgänger in my crew Orin hinted at. Was she just lying, or did I miss something? Wasn’t she ranting about having a shapeshifter mimic in my crew? Maybe she was talking about the fake Jaheria?

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Not sure about the aide quests as I skipped some of them for later. I'm on my second playthrough and have been in areas I didn't see in the first act the first time around.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Also, I never uncovered the
doppelgänger in my crew Orin hinted at. Was she just lying, or did I miss something? Wasn’t she ranting about having a shapeshifter mimic in my crew? Maybe she was talking about the fake Jaheria?
In my game it was
the little girl Jenna

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
If you're gonna play this on a console, you really should get a mouse and keyboard plug in for this game. Having been used to playing the Divinity games on console, to now playing on PC I see why they say I don't see how you play this with a controller. Mouse and Keyboard gives you so many more options on how to approach doing shyt in this game, it's insane.l and it flat out feels better.