Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Unless you have good strength (like, at least 16) your sorcerer is going to be trash at melee. Even then you’re never going to be close to being as effective as an actual melee class once you hit level 5
Yeah I just realised it was a complete waste, I was hoping maybe he could be able to do a little melee damage but will just stick primarily to magic until possible multi classing.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Yeah I just realised it was a complete waste, I was hoping maybe he could be able to do a little melee damage but will just stick primarily to magic until possible multi classing.

Yeah, if you want to be any good at it multiclassing is your best bet. Paladin is a pretty popular multi class for sorcerer since they both are Charisma-based classes

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
yeah. He's basically D&D's peak wizard. Dude's 1300 years old or something. The body that pulls up to talk to you isn't even him, it's just a magical construct he sent out to do stuff so he didn't have to.

Oh, so that broke and hungry shyt is just for play play?:ohhh:

The amount of lore and history of this universe is probably 10x’s deeper than Tolkien

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, if you want to be any good at it multiclassing is your best bet. Paladin is a pretty popular multi class for sorcerer since they both are Charisma-based classes
I am playing Dark urge and don’t know if I multi as that I will become an oat breaker.:francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
im finally starting to get used to warlock/eldritch blast…im just using wyll for his father storyline so im trying to make him useful. Completely respec’d him and went and found some armor for him.

I missed out on an entire dungeon in act 1

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Sorc/Warlock likely your best bet if you aren't built to be frontline. Warlock dip for 3 levels will get you a consistent damage cantrip running CHR-scaling, plus... realistically 90% of what Warlock is used for :russ:
Hell. You could even take Pact of Blade, and be able to bind your melee weapon and make it scale off CHR. Would, ironically, let your Sorc do some melee damage if you really wanted them to.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Sorc/Warlock likely your best bet if you aren't built to be frontline. Warlock dip for 3 levels will get you a consistent damage cantrip running CHR-scaling, plus... realistically 90% of what Warlock is used for :russ:
Hell. You could even take Pact of Blade, and be able to bind your melee weapon and make it scale off CHR. Would, ironically, let your Sorc do some melee damage if you really wanted them to.
From a role playing perspective I don’t want to be some devil or elder Gods bytch as are Warlocks.:scust:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
From a role playing perspective I don’t want to be some devil or elder Gods bytch as are Warlocks.:scust:
eh... I mean, it's a contract. Service exchange.

As long as you don't go Fiend, storyline-wise there's nothing saying it's a slave contract. Wyll signed himself off for some dumb shyt to a terrible patron. And he deserves it.

Great Old One pretty much is just 'you are an emissary for an eldritch horror', and Archfey is basically 'met a fairy, she liked me so she let's me do some cool shyt as long as I don't... like, burn down Fern Gully or whatever'.

Understandable from a storyline perspective if you don't want to dip in though. That said, would make sense for the greater powers to come calling to a sorceror who seems on track to change the world :yeshrug: Just... don't sign a 360 deal with a hellspawn and the rest of it'll work out.