Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just that the only notable spell is Eldritch Blast and that most found the class boring.

Oh nah....

People mention Eldritch Blast because it's a cantrip, meaning it has no cost. You can use it nonstop. You can also spec it to force push people off cliffs. :mjlol:

Warlock has arguably the best crowd control in the game with Cloud Of Daggers, Hunger Of Hadar, and Evard's Black Tentacles. They also have among the best maneuverability with Misty Step, Grant Flight and Dimension Door.

Not trying to talk you into going Warlock, but they can do basically everything.

For just pure goofy fun (while still being viable at any level) Barbarian is popular.

Fred.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Oh nah....

People mention Eldritch Blast because it's a cantrip, meaning it has no cost. You can use it nonstop. You can also spec it to force push people off cliffs. :mjlol:

Warlock has arguably the best crowd control in the game with Cloud Of Daggers, Hunger Of Hadar, and Evard's Black Tentacles. They also have among the best maneuverability with Misty Step, Grant Flight and Dimension Door.

Not trying to talk you into going Warlock, but they can do basically everything.

For just pure goofy fun (while still being viable at any level) Barbarian is popular.

Fred.
Warlock was what I was initially aiming for think I will go with that.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Warlock was what I was initially aiming for think I will go with that.
Warlock/Bard is a strong created class. Can pass the majority of dialogue checks, and is a lot more offensive in battles due to Eldrich Blast.

Plus you get to talk some old english shyt during battles. Calling folks cucks n shyt mid battle.

:mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Warlock/Bard is a strong created class. Can pass the majority of dialogue checks, and is a lot more offensive in battles due to Eldrich Blast.

Plus you get to talk some old english shyt during battles. Calling folks cucks n shyt mid battle.

I miss my Strength checks already :francis:

It was nice being able to just straight up bully everyone

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Man this Dark Urge playthrough is straight comedy.

Ran up on the little squirrel dude in the grove. Ended up kicking that lil fukker into a tree. shyt had me laughing harder than the widmill gnome.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
First time trying out a D&D game and I'm struggling. I played tons of SRPGs and turned based games, so IDK. The Goblin camp is fukking me up. Any tips? I'm level 3 with the armor and weapons you get at the beginning.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
First time trying out a D&D game and I'm struggling. I played tons of SRPGs and turned based games, so IDK. The Goblin camp is fukking me up. Any tips? I'm level 3 with the armor and weapons you get at the beginning.
If you can't win a fight, there are propably multiple ways to avoid it, or there might be advantages in the surroundings you are not using. This game is about experimentation, especially in the first act. Use chandeliers, explosives, heights, chasms etc to your advantage.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, I'd move the difficulty down to explorer for a bit. Early game can be tough combat wise until you level up a bit.

Either that or reload a previous save and see if there are any other "options" to get you by.