Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Honestly, any class can be effective on balanced/explorer so just play what you want….that being said Warlock is pretty solid IMO. If I had to pick one that feels kind of weak it’s a pure rogue

Monk and Sorcerer are the classes I’ve enjoyed the most so far. Probably will try a paladin on another playthrough

:salute:Looking forward to diving in.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Dam I can’t resist it anymore, finally decided to jump into this. I bought Othercide a few weeks ago on the PS summer sale and have been trying to complete it before jumping into this fully. Guess I will drop that game for now and pick it up at a later date but need to get started with this.

What’s everyone favourite class so far? I am thinking of Warlock as it is similar to my build in DOS2 but have heard it sucks compared to some of the other classes.

What did you think of Othercide? I was really into it when it first came out and i ran into a game breaking bug and had to throw it in the bushes

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
What did you think of Othercide? I was really into it when it first came out and i ran into a game breaking bug and had to throw it in the bushes
Loving it so far, it can be unforgiving based on the game mechanics but I like it as it makes you think your actions through throughly as you can’t go back if you change your mind. The daughters remind me of claymores slightly so that’s what initially got my interest. Sadly I will have to put it down now for a while as I am sure straight after BG3 I will be jumping to Spider-Man 2.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Given Starfield came out the same day I think I'll just wait on this till it gets a discount.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Loving it so far, it can be unforgiving based on the game mechanics but I like it as it makes you think your actions through throughly as you can’t go back if you change your mind. The daughters remind me of claymores slightly so that’s what initially got my interest. Sadly I will have to put it down now for a while as I am sure straight after BG3 I will be jumping to Spider-Man 2.

If you loved that kind of gameplay you should have no problem with BG3 then. It’s basically the same, but more.

I also remember hearing a lot of complaints about how difficult the combat was last month from people and i don’t know its fine for me? I haven’t had any encounters where im just getting wiped or frustrated. I think, like souls games theres just a certain way to play these games that people aren’t grasping. Like, you don’t have to fight everything, its not a jrpg where things are just thrown in your path to kill.

Either way i think i might change my class again, even though i like my pet bear :francis:

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Dam I can’t resist it anymore, finally decided to jump into this. I bought Othercide a few weeks ago on the PS summer sale and have been trying to complete it before jumping into this fully. Guess I will drop that game for now and pick it up at a later date but need to get started with this.

What’s everyone favourite class so far? I am thinking of Warlock as it is similar to my build in DOS2 but have heard it sucks compared to some of the other classes.
warlock's boring asl imo, you just spam the same spell over and over

sorcerer's the same kind of gameplay but with more options and synergies

if you pick your feats right you can learn that warlock spell and become a sorc/warlock hybrid without dual classing :lolbron:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:dahell:

Warlock is arguably the strongest class in the game. Just make sure you pick the right spells.

Fred.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
you know a game is absolute piff when you are liek 40 hours in with like 60 more to go and you’re already thinking about your next playthrough.

So many times i wanted to choose the chaos/dark path and said let me chill :whoa:

These dark urges though…:demonic:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Given Starfield came out the same day I think I'll just wait on this till it gets a discount.
You’re going to be waiting a long ass time. Larian don’t get into a rush of discounting their games like that.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
If you loved that kind of gameplay you should have no problem with BG3 then. It’s basically the same, but more.

I also remember hearing a lot of complaints about how difficult the combat was last month from people and i don’t know its fine for me? I haven’t had any encounters where im just getting wiped or frustrated. I think, like souls games theres just a certain way to play these games that people aren’t grasping. Like, you don’t have to fight everything, its not a jrpg where things are just thrown in your path to kill.

Either way i think i might change my class again, even though i like my pet bear :francis:
I love CRPGs I have been playing them since I was a kid. Planescape torment is in my top 10 of all time games. I had no doubt I would love this game.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
warlock's boring asl imo, you just spam the same spell over and over

sorcerer's the same kind of gameplay but with more options and synergies

if you pick your feats right you can learn that warlock spell and become a sorc/warlock hybrid without dual classing :lolbron:

I will probably play this game multiple times so will try different classes.
:dahell:

Warlock is arguably the strongest class in the game. Just make sure you pick the right spells.

Fred.
Remember I said favourite not strongest, this is a role playing game when a bard can be extremely relevant. I was just reading people’s opinion on Reddit and bard and some of the other classes were looked on favourably based on what they bring to the overall experience. I will probably end up playing different classes.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
you know a game is absolute piff when you are liek 40 hours in with like 60 more to go and you’re already thinking about your next playthrough.

So many times i wanted to choose the chaos/dark path and said let me chill :whoa:

These dark urges though…:demonic:

Will be starting off as the dark urge, most of the time I always start as chaotic good but this time just going to roll with the fukkery. Want to see how far this game lets me push things.:demonic:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I will probably play this game multiple times so will try different classes.

Remember I said favourite not strongest, this is a role playing game when a bard can be extremely relevant. I was just reading people’s opinion on Reddit and bard and some of the other classes were looked on favourably based on what they bring to the overall experience. I will probably end up playing different classes.

I was responding to you saying you've "heard it sucks". As far as what?

Fred.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I was responding to you saying you've "heard it sucks". As far as what?

Fred.
Just that the only notable spell is Eldritch Blast and that most found the class boring.

• Dap
Reactions: hex