CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Breh what :skip:

This is nothing like Witcher 3 :skip:

Not sure how complicated you want things to be in the first ten hours of the game :skip:

This game is pulling tons of lore from the Forgotten Realms and DnD in general :gucci:

The ships aren't even new

Nautiloid

and Mind Flayers been nasty af

Mind flayer

I was just trying my best to describe the setting, you talkin from a perspective of someone that already knew what they was gettin into, I wasnt. :pachaha:

I'm sure it'll get deeper I was just saying I didn't expect any of this at all

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
is there a way to increase auto save frequency? i just got taken back far as shyt

edit: just learned about F5 and F8...done for today tho im not going through all these dialogues again rn

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I want so bad to like these types of games, I tried multiple times to get into Divinity and i just can't get into it. I can clearly see the passion and amount of work that went into the game but I just can't seem to get hooked by it, it's such a fukking time sink without finding a lot of fun in the experience. I was hoping Bladur's Gate would be A LOT darker and more gothic looking, and maybe I just haven't seen deep enough into the game but from what I've seen it's just a new Divinity, so I think I'm gonna have to wait on this, but it does look well made just like the studios other games.

no need to force it. You either love this style of game or you don't. They are still niche games because of the time commitment. It's for people who like table top rpg style freedom in video game form. Those games take hours or even days to complete in table top form, this is mimicking that style.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Larian is what everyone wishes Bioware still was :yeshrug:
Someone slide them a Star Wars license and let a nikka see what that KOTOR3 hittin like in this same engine. I want to see Obsidian sit in this same genre pocket and let them two ping-pong the industry. It's buggy, but I got my folks to level cap for Early Access, learned so many places I went wrong, and am interested in the myriad stories and consequences the final, full product will have. Also, them dropping more races and classes in the final version is gonna be interesting. I already know there's gonna be a lot of fukkery in multiplayer with people killing NPCs and shyt :mjlol:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I'm at a part where you have to basically kill 3 bosses and damn near an entire army. I keep thinking there's gonna be an easier way to do this shyt but it doesn't seem like I'm gonna get much help. :mjlol:

This shyt is unforgiving. :dead:

what can i do if i already triggered the trap in dank crypt?

Not 100% sure I passed some perception checks on the gargoyles on the wall but I never figured the crypt out so I left. The game seems to have some hard reset type moments where you just have to load a save. There's a part later in the game where you can Jump to get an alternate entrance to a camp but everyone cant make that jump due to athletics skill and you're just forced to reload it's kinda lame. :francis:

"that large fleshy nose of yours looks like a mistake"

:patrice:

ima have to... you can kill party members right?

I can confirm that you can kill party members. I had a glitch where Astarion was hostile when I went back to camp he thought I was an intruder so I killed him. When I reloaded tho he wasn't hostile anymore but I found out that way. :ld:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Not 100% sure I passed some perception checks on the gargoyles on the wall but I never figured the crypt out so I left. The game seems to have some hard reset type moments where you just have to load a save. There's a part later in the game where you can Jump to get an alternate entrance to a camp but everyone cant make that jump due to athletics skill and you're just forced to reload it's kinda lame. :francis:

I can confirm that you can kill party members. I had a glitch where Astarion was hostile when I went back to camp he thought I was an intruder so I killed him. When I reloaded tho he wasn't hostile anymore but I found out that way. :ld:

figured out i already got what i needed thats why the trap was triggered. so i just left the room like that lol

im not gonna kill shorty yet, she just saved our asses twice. shes a beast

shadowheart with that healing is handy too

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
"that large fleshy nose of yours looks like a mistake"

:patrice:

ima have to... you can kill party members right?

I KNEW someone else on The Coli would be like :gucci:

I was ready to go blow for blow right there :russ:

I'm mad we couldn't keep insulting each other back and forth.:pachaha:

I'm at a part where you have to basically kill 3 bosses and damn near an entire army. I keep thinking there's gonna be an easier way to do this shyt but it doesn't seem like I'm gonna get much help. :mjlol:

This shyt is unforgiving. :dead:

Killed Wyll because he glitched and became hostile after the fight outside The Grove :mjcry:

Didn't know he was the breh on the cover until I started a new game and realized he was one of the Origin options:wow:

They kept their word towards folks having way different playthroughs.

If you a Tiefling, you'll be fighting way more often I see it already :mjlol:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
yesterday i got sent back so far that today i did everything over, in a different order. that shyt triggered a whole nother set of dialogue just based on who i had with me

this game is crazy

Yeah plus it looks like the main quest has branching paths because you have freedom to do things in a lot of different ways. Like I've been given already like 5/6 different options to remove the mind flayer parasite already. I decided against save scumming so I'm just gonna go with the common sense path but on my 2nd run I already see myself doing things way differently.

I KNEW someone else on The Coli would be like :gucci:

I was ready to go blow for blow right there :russ:

I'm mad we couldn't keep insulting each other back and forth.:pachaha:

Killed Wyll because he glitched and became hostile after the fight outside The Grove :mjcry:

Didn't know he was the breh on the cover until I started a new game and realized he was one of the Origin options:wow:

They kept their word towards folks having way different playthroughs.

If you a Tiefling, you'll be fighting way more often I see it already :mjlol:

Yeah I'm a tiefling and they got a bunch of tiefling-specific dialogue options and most of them start a fight :dead:

It's crazy because one of the primary criticisms of the game is that a lot of your party members dont like you and you aren't treated like a good guy or the "chosen one" but I actually like that :ehh:

It kind of reminds me of Sten in Dragon Age, you have to get to learn the character and understand him to befriend him