Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I’m watching angry joe and these guys play it co-op. Pretty funny

It’s pretty much divinity original sin remastered though even some of teh assets look exactly alike. Which is fine with me, thats really all i want
the divinity os2 models and BG3 ain't close breh

the art style takes some similarities, but the graphical leap is huge
I didn't make a human but it had good options for black people in terms of hair, skin tone and facial hair so I'd say yes but there's only a limited amount of faces so that's the negative. So you can make a good looking black person but somebody else's black person might end up looking like yours.

The hair textures are also pretty good but not perfect. Definitely better than most games.
its very okay

the movement stuff and alert states are what's caught me off guard the most

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
the divinity os2 models and BG3 ain't close breh

the art style takes some similarities, but the graphical leap is huge
its very okay

the movement stuff and alert states are what's caught me off guard the most

The graphics are def upgrades, especially the dialogue scenes but what i meant by remastered is that is feels like more of a graphical overhaul than anything else. The dice roll mechanic seemed somewhat new although skillchecks were always a thing.

It seems like it’s the exact same engine as divinity. I mean I’m not hating, i love divinity i just see more similarities than not.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Lol game crashed on the third intro cutscene :deadmanny:

EDIT: Restarted my PC and changed some settings and I'm good :whew:

Last edited:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
This isn't filled with humor like Divinity is it?​

Definitely more serious than the Divinity series. I think that was one of the aspects of the games that turned me off.

This game is very "DnD" . More grounded within the lore of the Forgotten Realms, no "whimsical" feeling here.

I'm trying to avoid saying it's "Darker" because that is being thrown around a lot lol.

Game reminds me of Dragon Age: Origins, Neverwinter Nights 2 and some Divinity (Game engine, interactive environments is very "Larian")

The few party members I've met so far give a very strong impression early on. Which is good, you want strong characters to work with :ehh:

Or against :demonic:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
This isn't filled with humor like Divinity is it?​

So far, no, but it seems like the "Performance" speech options are almost all humor based and it's a skill check. So i guess if you made a character that's good in performance the game becomes a lot more like divinity.

Definitely more serious than the Divinity series. I think that was one of the aspects of the games that turned me off.

This game is very "DnD" . More grounded within the lore of the Forgotten Realms, no "whimsical" feeling here.

I'm trying to avoid saying it's "Darker" because that is being thrown around a lot lol.

Game reminds me of Dragon Age: Origins, Neverwinter Nights 2 and some Divinity (Game engine, interactive environments is very "Larian")

The few party members I've met so far give a very strong impression early on. Which is good, you want strong characters to work with :ehh:

Or against :demonic:

Yeah it does remind me of DA but it's a lot weirder than DA. But I tried and failed to get into the earlier BG games I'm sure the games were always this weird.

I'm definitely with you on the party members thing. They didn't go out of their way to make them easily likeable or anything like that, which makes them more interesting.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Yeah not sure I'd drop money on an early access RPG when I still have complete games to finish but everything I'm seeing so far is almost perfect.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I want so bad to like these types of games, I tried multiple times to get into Divinity and i just can't get into it. I can clearly see the passion and amount of work that went into the game but I just can't seem to get hooked by it, it's such a fukking time sink without finding a lot of fun in the experience. I was hoping Bladur's Gate would be A LOT darker and more gothic looking, and maybe I just haven't seen deep enough into the game but from what I've seen it's just a new Divinity, so I think I'm gonna have to wait on this, but it does look well made just like the studios other games.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Stumbled across this article:

*light spoilers from only 20 or so minutes into the game*
Just after murdering the small band of confused fisherfolk, the party can confront the mortally wounded Illithid that was mind-controlling them. Most of the dialog is mundane and leads nowhere—but there's a tantalizing chance to turn the tables on the wounded mind flayer. All I needed to do was pass an Intelligence check—which should be easy, with a wizard—and then perhaps I could learn what happened to myself and my comrades!

Unfortunately, this turned out to be a trap—failing the Intelligence check is a perfectly fine outcome, and leads to either killing the mind flayer, or leaving it to die on its own. But passing the check means that the monster gets its hooks into the hero's brain—who must then pass a much more difficult Wisdom check to avoid being gruesomely murdered.

nikkas mad that they getting they wigs pushed back in this shyt :dead:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I want so bad to like these types of games, I tried multiple times to get into Divinity and i just can't get into it. I can clearly see the passion and amount of work that went into the game but I just can't seem to get hooked by it, it's such a fukking time sink without finding a lot of fun in the experience. I was hoping Bladur's Gate would be A LOT darker and more gothic looking, and maybe I just haven't seen deep enough into the game but from what I've seen it's just a new Divinity, so I think I'm gonna have to wait on this, but it does look well made just like the studios other games.

I went into it thinking it would be kind of a darker Divinity game with really deep and complicated lore, but it's not that at all. The best way to describe this game is game is basically "what if you were in the Witcher, but they got invaded by aliens :jbhmm:"

And apparently this is a classic DnD setting as well, in this setting they apparently have spaceships and laser guns and shyt. I would've never fukkin thought :pachaha:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Stumbled across this article:

*light spoilers from only 20 or so minutes into the game*
Just after murdering the small band of confused fisherfolk, the party can confront the mortally wounded Illithid that was mind-controlling them. Most of the dialog is mundane and leads nowhere—but there's a tantalizing chance to turn the tables on the wounded mind flayer. All I needed to do was pass an Intelligence check—which should be easy, with a wizard—and then perhaps I could learn what happened to myself and my comrades!

Unfortunately, this turned out to be a trap—failing the Intelligence check is a perfectly fine outcome, and leads to either killing the mind flayer, or leaving it to die on its own. But passing the check means that the monster gets its hooks into the hero's brain—who must then pass a much more difficult Wisdom check to avoid being gruesomely murdered.

nikkas mad that they getting they wigs pushed back in this shyt :dead:
:mjlol:

no easy mode in early access got these kids pressed

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

no easy mode in early access got these kids pressed

I try to avoid a fight at all times, shyt can go left so fast.

Who thought of PHASE SPIDERS?! I though the teleporting crocs would stay in Divinity but nope :francis:

I went into it thinking it would be kind of a darker Divinity game with really deep and complicated lore, but it's not that at all. The best way to describe this game is game is basically "what if you were in the Witcher, but they got invaded by aliens :jbhmm:"

And apparently this is a classic DnD setting as well, in this setting they apparently have spaceships and laser guns and shyt. I would've never fukkin thought :pachaha:

Breh what :skip:

This is nothing like Witcher 3 :skip:

Not sure how complicated you want things to be in the first ten hours of the game :skip:

This game is pulling tons of lore from the Forgotten Realms and DnD in general :gucci:

The ships aren't even new

Nautiloid

and Mind Flayers been nasty af

Mind flayer

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
The women have no heart at all :picard:

Legit have a "fukk them kids" mentality :russ:

Your party members have clearly been through some shyt.

EDIT: fuuucck I think I killed a potential party member.

He glitched out and turned on me after the fight calling me a coward when I ran in and helped :francis:

There can only be one anyway :mjpls:

Last edited:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
B8BAD1DA9BC77724C62F0619BE778AAECAE417E7

3AC415294A333B32EB7609A53C7936A6F78C0064