Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
I wanna play PoE but every time I try I get bored and hit a wall and stop trying to play it.

Yeah that's always a concern, I don't know how much they are going to add to the game but I trust Larian and I got cash to burn so I said fukk it. :yeshrug:
Still torn over the turn based combat and not sure Larian can do the older games justice. I like The Divinity series but for me it is the same as if next Starcraft game was made by Firaxis and they made it like the Civ series. Probably a good game but not one that is true to the series.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I can't get into early access games. You're pretty much beta testing an unfinished product. I get being excited cause this game is most def gonna be a 10/10 but i'd rather play it when its finished instead of doing free work for the company
Not even free work. You have to pay for the privilege of testing out the early access version :beli:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Not even free work. You have to pay for the privilege of testing out the early access version :beli:

think of it as a pre-order that gives you access to the alpha/beta

I'm sure they get a lot of valuable data from EA. more than they would with paid QA testers (which I'm sure they also use). if you're not into it, you can always wait for the official release

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
think of it as a pre-order that gives you access to the alpha/beta

I'm sure they get a lot of valuable data from EA. more than they would with paid QA testers (which I'm sure they also use). if you're not into it, you can always wait for the official release
That is probably a good way to look at it, but you’re still doing free work for EA (actually you’re paying them to do free work). Other companies have free betas. I get that BG3 is an RPG, and it takes longer to test than a free weekend. But still. If you got a discount or valuable in-game gear, it would seem more fair to me. But, tons of people are willing to pay for the early access, so it makes financial sense for them to charge you. :yeshrug:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
That is probably a good way to look at it, but you’re still doing free work for EA (actually you’re paying them to do free work). Other companies have free betas. I get that BG3 is an RPG, and it takes longer to test than a free weekend. But still. If you got a discount or valuable in-game gear, it would seem more fair to me. But, tons of people are willing to pay for the early access, so it makes financial sense for them to charge you. :yeshrug:
you're not paying them to do work, you're buying the game in advance. if we had to pay again for the full release you'd have a point

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
you're not paying them to do work, you're buying the game in advance. if we had to pay again for the full release you'd have a point
Yeah, I see what you’re saying. You’re still helping them out by beta testing, but I guess that’s the trade off for getting to play the game early.

I hear what you’re saying. You’ve changed my mind. :ehh:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Just got started. The character creator is good outside of not being able to change body types. Went with a tiefling fighter since I usually do magicians in these kinds of games

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
In.

But I doubt I'll get into this any time soon. "Genshin Impact" is taking up all my spare time.

Fred.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i love that the sense of urgency starts right away, it reminds me of neverwinter. investigation and perception checks out the gate. this shyt should definitely keep my attention

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
My big question for any game is character creator, can you make good black people?

I didn't make a human but it had good options for black people in terms of hair, skin tone and facial hair so I'd say yes but there's only a limited amount of faces so that's the negative. So you can make a good looking black person but somebody else's black person might end up looking like yours.

The hair textures are also pretty good but not perfect. Definitely better than most games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m watching angry joe and these guys play it co-op. Pretty funny

It’s pretty much divinity original sin remastered though even some of teh assets look exactly alike. Which is fine with me, thats really all i want